What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 General Gossip

NovoBunny94

Juniors
They certainly have been the most underrated pack. Underrated by the media, for sure. As I've said before, especially by that dope who pretends to be one who doesn't cross west of Anzac Pde - Peter Tunks on 2SM. He's STILL bagging them!

Sironen, basically could be classified as a rookie, came out of nowhere to cement a permanent spot a a starter. His cover defence has been terrific. He may actually be better than his brother.

Su'a underrated, nobody in the media counted him, now they are all talking about how when you are running the ball, you are keeping an eye out for him coming in to bonecrunch you. He'll be playing SOO for QLD.

Nobody was talking about Tom Burgess, saw him as the quietest of the brothers, and somewhat tainted by his twin brother's performance last season, and expecting him to be a carbon copy. This guy is a test match standard player.

Does anyone outside of Souths fans even talk about Tevita Tatola? Again, another international level forward who has represented Tonga, who now are no longer a minnow, but arguably ranked No.2 in the RL world.

Keaon Koloamatangi, a rookie, a Mascot Jet, has made a huge impact in his first year, and is still under 23 years of age, where guys his position don't impact until about 25-26 years of age. A future top level player.

Nicholls has done overs, Sele was there until he got injured, Mago didn't let us down, Cartwright might actually be a valuable utility edge foward/centre off the bench to cover injuries or other replacements in interchange.

Then we have TWO Kangaroos in the pack - Cook and Murray.
To think back, we had to choose between Murray and Crighton. Damn did we nail the choice!

Yeah, a very good pack, perfectly suited for playing under the New rule changes, quite young meaning they could be producing for years. The New rules mean you don't need to be 6'7 and 120kg to be a threat to opposition teams.

Most media didn't even know most of these guys were even playing RL. Now they do.

I look forward to watching these guys - AND Jai Arrow, a QLD SOO forward, for a few years to come

You're right there mate. Junior tatola is a gun mate.. he is just outstanding.

Travitoh

First Grade
If the outs you mean Sam, GI, and Sutto- yes, this was the primary citation for Souths slipping in the rankings. Understandably so.

Having said that, the future still looks bright enough that we should be in the finals for the next couple of years. The question will be asked when we need to replace retiring Cody and Adam

Yeah, with both AR and Cody at 30 (Cody 31 by rd 1 next season), it would be nice to see someone start coming through to replace at least one. With no reserve grade this year though, it's difficult to identify potential candidates. We saw Troy Dargan a bit who looked ok and would be approx 24/25 when an opportunity may arise. Not a bad age for a half coming in.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Yeah, with both AR and Cody at 30 (Cody 31 by rd 1 next season), it would be nice to see someone start coming through to replace at least one. With no reserve grade this year though, it's difficult to identify potential candidates. We saw Troy Dargan a bit who looked ok and would be approx 24/25 when an opportunity may arise. Not a bad age for a half coming in.
Taafe is the one I hear about from guys in the know.
He was in the 9s comp, and he did look ok. But NRL is a whole different beast

Rabbits20

Immortal
Taafe is the one I hear about from guys in the know.
He was in the 9s comp, and he did look ok. But NRL is a whole different beast
Yep I have seen some of him and he’s already a better player than Dargan.

Ta’affe is one to watch closely in our CC side for 2021.

I have a fun fact! Hope it’s ok I put it here, didn’t know where else to put it......... if you wanna move it to another thread @callmack1 feel free to do so, that’s fine by me.

Right it’s fun fact time lads!

Souths 21-15 nrl prems over Easts

Second/reserve grade we lead them 20-9.

Jersey Flegg we lead them 9-3

If ever you need a point to show how awesome we are to a mate who goes for Easts and you’re having a back and forth just bring those stats up, they are fact!

Cmmmmmmoooooooonnnnnnnnn I AM PUMPED!!!!!

Bring on Round 3 ALREADY, Friday Night at ANZ!!!!!

@Peter Quinn @callmack1 @Souths Till I Die @handyman2190 @southsport

Majority of those comps are from black and white TV days - only one comp in the colour TV era compared to the Roosters 5 (10 grand finals)- need to list comps won when you actually witnessed them i suggest- discount the 1909 one when your broke an agreement not to play the final. very poor form.

Last Grandfinal in black and white was a Roosters victory over Canterbury - Colour TV commenced in March 1975

Last edited:

Thumper

Juniors
Majority of those comps are from black and white TV days - only one comp in the colour TV era compared to the Roosters 5 (9 grand finals)- need to list comps won when you actually witnessed them i suggest- discount the 1909 one when your broke an agreement not to play the final. very poor form.

Last Grandfinal in black and white was a Roosters victory over Canterbury - Colour TV commenced in March 1975

You’re life must be so boring to get on a Souths forum and rattle off history about colour television.
You’re talents are wasted here. You should be on the game show circuit. Seeing as you’re history is so good. What was the score Souths vs roosters 25th September 2020?????

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Majority of those comps are from black and white TV days - only one comp in the colour TV era compared to the Roosters 5 (9 grand finals)- need to list comps won when you actually witnessed them i suggest- discount the 1909 one when your broke an agreement not to play the final. very poor form.

Hey dogbreath, what was that record breaking arse-whipping you got from us this season?

RABBITOHS 60

Roosters 8

How did you finish the season?

LOSS, LOSS, BUNDLED OUT

Go back to your bedroom and get high on the methane comming out of your arse

You’re life must be so boring to get on a Souths forum and rattle off history about colour television.
You’re talents are wasted here. You should be on the game show circuit. Seeing as you’re history is so good. What was the score Souths vs roosters 25th September 2020?????

mmm what was the score round 6 1996 Roosters vs Souffs - No use banging on about 21 comps when most would have only seen 1 since colour tv was introduced - Roosters in 10 grand finals winning 5 - Roosters far far far more successful during this period don't you agree.

No not bored just wondering what the poor people are doing being on the riff raff side of Anzac Parade

Last edited:
Hey dogbreath, what was that record breaking arse-whipping you got from us this season?

RABBITOHS 60

Roosters 8

How did you finish the season?

LOSS, LOSS, BUNDLED OUT

Go back to your bedroom and get high on the methane comming out of your arse

round 6 1996 - Roosters 62 def Souffs 0 - MMM must have watched a different GF as i didn't see Souffs in it - what's that now 3 straight prelim defeats -chokers one might say

Thumper

Juniors
mmm what was the score round 6 1996 Roosters vs Souffs - No use banging on about 21 comps when most would have only seen 1 since colour tv was introduced - Roosters in 10 grand finals winning 5 - Roosters far far far more successful during this period don't you agree.

No not bored just wondering what the poor people are doing being on the riff raff side of Anzac Parade

Must be nice living with you’re mummy and daddy. I bet you’re a shelf packer at Bondi Coles.
You wear ear muffs to away Games because it so Much louder than a chooks home game.
But that’s only when mummy lets you out.