What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

flippikat

Bench
Do you wish it was the home jersey? I admire the sentiment behind the black rabbit but always thought it should’ve been the away version. The traditional white rabbit jersey should’ve been untouchable I would’ve thought. And perhaps get rid of the white side panels as well.

It's blindingly simple. White Bunny & collar, black shorts, no side-panels.

images

Maybe next jersey cycle they'll decide to go "back to the future" in a similar way to how the Bulldogs tweaked their design to align it with a classic look.

The alternate/away can be totally different - make it mostly white, or mostly red.. put sidepanels on it.. whatever. But the primary jersey HAS to be this sometime soon, surely??

Saint Doc

Coach

images

Maybe next jersey cycle they'll decide to go "back to the future" in a similar way to how the Bulldogs tweaked their design to align it with a classic look.

The alternate/away can be totally different - make it mostly white, or mostly red.. put sidepanels on it.. whatever. But the primary jersey HAS to be this sometime soon, surely??
While ever they persist with two major sponsors, this jersey strategy will continue.

and it’s been over a decade now. So I wouldn’t hold your breath

flippikat

Bench
f*ckkk me.
"teams should have 1 jersey and wear it heaps!!!"

"souths need to have a white jersey, theyre both the sammmmmmmmmme"

My approach would be "Souths should wear their classic jersey for ALL home games, and a distinct alternate in some away games (maybe half a dozen games per year.. the most clash-y ones)".

Of course that's not accounting for indigenous/ANZAC/retro.. but that's the gist of it.

Although as Saint Doc says, their two-major-sponsors arrangement makes it tough to do.. as both sponsors want to be seen on the stripes.

Travitoh

First Grade
Souths jerseys definitely look better with white trim.
The Auckland 9's jersey from 2015 would be the perfect alternate.

_Johnsy

Referee

images

Blue shorts, with one pair of black shorts. I like it.

kdalymc

Bench
"teams should have an iconic design and wear it as much as practically possible"

"there should also be a sufficiently contrasting design for cases where the above isn't practical"
if we are gonna cater for the colour blind, which we should i guess, every sport on earth needs a re jig.
but for 96% of the population, Rabbitohs clash with nobody

GAZF

First Grade
if we are gonna cater for the colour blind, which we should i guess, every sport on earth needs a re jig.
Pretty much every other team sport (where this could be an issue) already polices uniform clashes in a proper manner. Just a re-jig for one club in the NRL.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Pretty much every other team sport (where this could be an issue) already polices uniform clashes in a proper manner. Just a re-jig for one club in the NRL.
Imagine the stink Souths would kick up if the NRL actually tried this though?

axl rose

Bench
Away jersey looks slick. Was there any point in Souths history where they went close to going away from the Xmas colours or the Rabbit? Bulldogs obviously went from Country Bumpkins/Berries, Manly possibly from Seagulls, Bluebags to Jets etc

flippikat

Bench
Away jersey looks slick. Was there any point in Souths history where they went close to going away from the Xmas colours or the Rabbit? Bulldogs obviously went from Country Bumpkins/Berries, Manly possibly from Seagulls, Bluebags to Jets etc

Well they had a few years (1990s-early 2000s) where they went through a few mostly-black or mostly white alternates. Still had red & green as minor colours/trim though.

Then there was that era in the '70s when they wore the traditional jersey with green shorts.....

sempmrh

Juniors
Eels away will have yellow background on NRL logo. Previous pictures had the Blue background, must have used a picture of last years jersey and added the chest sponsor.

Away2020.jpg
I prefer the blue version of the logo on the pre-production image. I think the Telstra Premiership logo looks best with a contrasting background.

MugaB

Coach
Canberra raiders in home green vs souths in away white strip are the closest clash, but that wouldn't happen

flippikat

Bench
Which was very ugly, but a cool throwback if they ever brought it back for a heritage game or something

Yeah, Souths in green shorts would be a bit of a hoot. I think I saw some old clips of the Sharks in light blue shorts too (about early 1980s?). That matching-shorts look is kinda weird but a nice novelty.

images