What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

AJB1102

First Grade
Looks like a licorice cake with blue frosting or a prison jersey the Broncos should wear. Fittler had it right

rlw%201997%20(65).jpeg

So Freddy hated it 22 years ago. He's now coach and the fugly kit is back.

Homo man69

Juniors
Can someone please explain the point of the blue heeler jersey? If it’s not being worn. Then what’s the point of it? Pity cause I find that one the best. Where can I buy one?

The Marshall

Juniors
Unless you're referring to the gel grip, that's the fabric? Canterbury uses a larger fabric for player jerseys, like X-Blades do. I think it gives their jersey strength, in comparison ISC uses a smaller fabric which gives it a shiney look, and allows a more lighter and tighter fit.
Could be but look at the other sky blue on the alternate and captains jerseys it looks much cleaner.

AJB1102

First Grade
Can someone please explain the point of the blue heeler jersey? If it’s not being worn. Then what’s the point of it? Pity cause I find that one the best. Where can I buy one?

They'll wear it the day of their captains run/last training session (lots of media and cameras). It's point is to increase merchandise and sales. The profit margins on merch must be incredible, I'd say making half a ton of them would be justified by a relative handful selling at retail prices.

A quick google shows last year's version for sale so I doubt it'll be hard to find; https://www.nrlshop.com/nsw-blues-2019-mens-captains-run-replica-jersey.html

AJB1102

First Grade
No no now it's 'bold' or something like that.

Merchandising, sales and money aside, I can appreciate the idea of doing something "unique" for new SOO markets i.e. Perth & Adelaide hosting for the first time. I get that selling a passion and support for NSW/QLD to other states is difficult and giving them their own style might help sell "The Blues" rather than "NSW".

It's just a really shit jersey that's been tried and failed before.

sempmrh

Juniors
These look like all retail jerseys with embroidery and no grip. The sky blue on the main definitely has a pattern on it.
The main jersey is the only player issue there. The captain's run jersey is actually a training shirt so uses different fabric. The alternate looks like a retail. I have a Canterbury player issue jersey - that's what the fabric looks like up close.