What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

roofromoz

First Grade
If the Panthers came out with that design it will be a shut up and take my money moment.

Had an original in the nineties and foolishly gave it away. Short of another original popping up somewhere online a Nines replica would be the next best thing.

flippikat

Bench
If the Panthers came out with that design it will be a shut up and take my money moment.

Had an original in the nineties and foolishly gave it away. Short of another original popping up somewhere online a Nines replica would be the next best thing.

It just makes sense to have it come back - Penrith have done the striped and V brown jerseys already, and the all sorts, and I think the 1980s one with brown trim.

That just leaves Superleague (unlikely) and the confetti design.. unless they wanna be weird and go for those nutty teal and rust ones from early 2000s..... but why would they wanna use those colors again???

sempmrh

Juniors
It just makes sense to have it come back - Penrith have done the striped and V brown jerseys already, and the all sorts, and I think the 1980s one with brown trim.

That just leaves Superleague (unlikely) and the confetti design.. unless they wanna be weird and go for those nutty teal and rust ones from early 2000s..... but why would they wanna use those colors again???

Something like this in their current colours would be good for the Nines.

1FECBCD0-4D70-4DF7-97BF-DD31F3E88AD0.jpeg

flippikat

Bench
Something like this in their current colours would be good for the Nines.

View attachment 35539

Yep. That could work.

To be fair I suppose they could re-work any rust-and-teal era designs with red gold & green and they'd look ok - but I think to use the actual rust and teal colors would be a mis-step.

Penrith have done well to re-establish black & white with red/gold/green trim as their current colors - and Brown/white as heritage colours. Re-introducing a 3rd set of colours would be diluting their brand.

Sure, maybe someday a *non-playing* heritage jersey of their 2003 strip may go on sale, but the club shouldn't turn out on the field in those colours again.

roofromoz

First Grade
neds-signs-1920x1080.png

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2020/01/21/panthers-partners-with-neds/

sempmrh

Juniors
Looks like there’s some business going on with that collar on the new Maroons jersey. When you bump up the brightness on the photo you can see it’s looks a bit like a traditional collar - but not quite.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Looks like there’s some business going on with that collar on the new Maroons jersey. When you bump up the brightness on the photo you can see it’s looks a bit like a traditional collar - but not quite.

upload_2020-1-21_18-20-49.png

Reflector

Juniors
I don't get the constant playing kit design changes in Origin. It's a 3 game a year event, only the hardcore jersey nerds are going to buy every update as opposed to hanging on to an old one that's still wearable. The rehashed 90's design Qld had last year was spot-on, only thing that looked out of place was having two shades of maroon on it. An awesome design that's not too plain (i.e a straight maroon jersey) but a world away from that hideous, overly-complicated 2012-2013 design with the white chevrons on the sleeves and the gold piping everywhere before you factored in the additional badges and embroidery on the players' jerseys.

Mind you, I didn't like last years' NSW alternate jersey one bit until I saw it on out on the field on game night- then I loved it...

stylebender

Juniors
Correct, i've seen the jersey. It's all maroon with a traditional collar and old Q kangaroo logo.

MugaB

Coach

Definitely a "shut up take my money moment"
Its either that jersey or the 1991 licorice all sorts, but just 2020 version done by O'Neills, that would hands down sell out, but its more heritage than a "special nines" jersey, im still waiting on the "marvel superheroes" black panther jersey that never made it coz Penrith Panthers aren't with ISC

yakstorm

First Grade
To be fair I suppose they could re-work any rust-and-teal era designs with red gold & green and they'd look ok - but I think to use the actual rust and teal colors would be a mis-step.

I don't think anything could make this jersey look 'ok'
CGsJCHuU8AAJLpm.jpg