What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Thanks for that.

In the comments someone asks about the away jersey and he says it’ll stay the same as the last two years? Surely not. Don’t get me wrong - I like that away jersey but it’s surprising to keep it for a third year. You’d figure there would be a white version of the new home jersey - or just something new in general.
I remember seeing a photo a few weeks back (can't remember where) suggesting the away jersey was staying the same, might have been on instagram somewhere, not sure.

Jtm22

Juniors
St. Helens now doing the gold champions scheme on their betfred super league logo. NRL should really pull their finger out and do the same. It’s bad enough all we get for a grand final now is some chest writing.

Timmah

Staff member
St. Helens now doing the gold champions scheme on their betfred super league logo. NRL should really pull their finger out and do the same. It’s bad enough all we get for a grand final now is some chest writing.
I was on board with this under the previous iteration of the Telstra Premiership logo, but now I'm not so sure - a gold version of the current logo would be hard to see on (I think) the majority of jerseys compared to the white one

greenBV4

Bench
I was on board with this under the previous iteration of the Telstra Premiership logo, but now I'm not so sure - a gold version of the current logo would be hard to see on (I think) the majority of jerseys compared to the white one
If they just changed the actual logo it definitely would get lost on the lighter jerseys, but they could have it black on a gold shield?

Timmah

Staff member
If they just changed the actual logo it definitely would get lost on the lighter jerseys, but they could have it black on a gold shield?
Very basic but trying to follow your idea, is this the kind of thing you mean?

upload_2020-2-1_16-19-52.png

Pommy

Coach
Very basic but trying to follow your idea, is this the kind of thing you mean?

View attachment 35798

I like the idea of a gold comp badge but having a big gold background like that just makes it look even more cluttered than before.
What if the interior of the shield was just gold, with maybe a black outline and chevrons?

Obviously these are very old but sometimes less is more. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/253124282779

toomuchsoup

Juniors
It's fine for what it is.

You'd think when taking the photo they would realise that the sleeve is flipped up. That seems to be very common with that style of ISC shirt. The sleeve trim isn't designed very well.
The Tigers jerseys last year kept riding up their stomachs. You’d see over half the players with a big white ‘sash’ but it was just the bottom of their jerseys rolling up

Timmah

Staff member
I was more thinking a shield, like the premiership logo on last year's sharks jersey but gold instead of black
That would require a standardised colour on all other jerseys which seems to be hard to achieve, annoyingly enough.

Timmah

Staff member
Canberra's Nines jersey looks like it'll be used for the club's lower grades:

EPoi3_uWsAAfI9G

Pic via twitter.com/irelandrl

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
God it was a good off-season without your obvious down-talking bullshit.

If you can't figure out that BBL is an 8 week competition with mostly clear air and only 8 teams, vs a 16-team, 30-week competition which runs concurrently with another 18-team, 29-week competiton in another code... you obviously don't get it.

I still don't get how the dogs can't get a major sponsorship..

They proclaimed last week they were a more watched team than every super rugby team and a league team in the country combined..

But still nothing.. not even a camp quality free bee.. what a joke

Amacd

Juniors
Canberra's Nines jersey looks like it'll be used for the club's lower grades:

EPoi3_uWsAAfI9G

Pic via twitter.com/irelandrl
For anyone interested that kit would be used for the unders teams, in this case I believe it is the jersey flegg which is under 20s

Amacd

Juniors

They proclaimed last week they were a more watched team than every super rugby team and a league team in the country combined..

At least they seem a lot closer than what the storm are ATM (with the dogs having a 9s sponsor). Would have been a massive confidence blow to loose kia (with a year or two left on the contract, from mempry). But they also had a long lead time (I believe)

greenBV4

Bench
That would require a standardised colour on all other jerseys which seems to be hard to achieve, annoyingly enough.

Would it though? Just let 15 of the teams remain as is, then the premiers get a gold shield/"patch" with a black logo?

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
For anyone interested that kit would be used for the unders teams, in this case I believe it is the jersey flegg which is under 20s
is this not exactly what my post said? :thinking:

Timmah

Staff member

We actually have one for the Nines (although as little as two games lol).

When did we claim that by the way? The more watched thing?

Timmah

Staff member
Would it though? Just let 15 of the teams remain as is, then the premiers get a gold shield/"patch" with a black logo?
Yes, if you look at Canterbury, for example, we have a blue patch/shield. So people would be confused. Particularly if the premiers were Parra (lol) or the Titans (bigger lol)

cooko

Juniors
It would be as simple as replacing the white Telstra logo, chevron and shield to gold as these are currently white on every home jersey for 2020. It would need some tweeking on a few of the away jerseys.

Timmah

Staff member
It would be as simple as replacing the white Telstra logo, chevron and shield to gold as these are currently white on every home jersey for 2020. It would need some tweeking on a few of the away jerseys.
The fact it's not white on a number of away jerseys is exactly why I'm pointing out that it's not that simple.

As suggested, it would've been much easier under the old logo, just turn the green to gold