What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Frederick

Staff member
1085-949.jpg

grouch

First Grade
What do we think is going on with the dirty finger marks at the bottom of that Knights jersey. Is it paying tribute to black lung disease, a some kind of follow-up to their coalminers jersey?

Frederick

Staff member
Our Nines jersey and the local artist behind it
Author
Newcastle Knights
Timestamp
Tue 4 Feb 2020, 11:42 AM
Share on social media
It’s not every day you get to design a jersey for your favourite NRL team.

For well-known Newcastle artist Mitch Resevsky (AKA Mitch Revs), that dream has incredibly turned into a reality.

PURCHASE OUR 2020 PERTH NINES JERSEY HERE!

dsc09546.jpg

Revs is of course the man behind the nib Newcastle Knights’ stunning NRL Nines jersey, which the team will don in Perth on February 14.

The design is one Revs has been working on for a while, with its origin dating back to a piece he did for another Newcastle icon.

screen-shot-2019-10-29-at-5.02.38-pm.png

Knights 2020 NRL draw revealed

“The artwork originally came about from a piece I created for Surfest back in to 2018,” Revs said.

“It was basically just to capture Newcastle, what Novocastrians are about, and to highlight our beautiful coastline.

“I feel like that artwork was a good starting point for me to show Newcastle what my art is about.”

dsc09475.jpg

Revs’ popularity has skyrocketed in recent years, with his gallery on Hunter St now a hive of activity as people duck in for a glimpse at his work.

His pieces are loved by Novocastrians, with the city’s coastline and other icons often the basis for a lot of his work.

While Revs has produced dozens of stunning pieces over the years, he admits this one holds a special place in his heart.

“It was a pretty big moment for me when I found out the artwork was going to be a part of the 9s jersey…I’ve been a Knights fan my whole life as well as all my mates,” he said.

dsc09482.jpg

“It was a pretty special moment for me to tell them that (I was designing the jersey).

“I don’t think it’ll feel real until I hold the jersey and see the boys wearing it and see it on the television, so it is very exciting.”

The jersey itself is typical of most of his work, with the coast and people of Newcastle dominating the piece.

However, the addition of Knights and Rugby League related characters is sure to please fans from both today and yester-year.

dsc09477.jpg

“We’re able to tell stories of the Knights over the years,” Revs said.

“I feel like it’ll be a good story and something that will last for a while.”

As for Revs himself, he admits he’s unprepared for the sense of pride he will feel when he sees the players run out wearing his jersey.

“It’s going to be one of those things where I won’t fully understand how I’ll feel until I see it,” he said.

“I feel like once people have their own, and the opportunity to buy one themselves, it’ll be a good piece of history, and a fun one at that.”

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2020/02/04/our-nines-jersey-and-the-local-artist-behind-it/

MugaB

Coach
Our Nines jersey and the local artist behind it
Author
Newcastle Knights
Timestamp
Tue 4 Feb 2020, 11:42 AM
Share on social media
It’s not every day you get to design a jersey for your favourite NRL team.

For well-known Newcastle artist Mitch Resevsky (AKA Mitch Revs), that dream has incredibly turned into a reality.

dsc09546.jpg

Revs is of course the man behind the nib Newcastle Knights’ stunning NRL Nines jersey, which the team will don in Perth on February 14.

The design is one Revs has been working on for a while, with its origin dating back to a piece he did for another Newcastle icon.

screen-shot-2019-10-29-at-5.02.38-pm.png

Knights 2020 NRL draw revealed

“The artwork originally came about from a piece I created for Surfest back in to 2018,” Revs said.

“It was basically just to capture Newcastle, what Novocastrians are about, and to highlight our beautiful coastline.

“I feel like that artwork was a good starting point for me to show Newcastle what my art is about.”

dsc09475.jpg

Revs’ popularity has skyrocketed in recent years, with his gallery on Hunter St now a hive of activity as people duck in for a glimpse at his work.

His pieces are loved by Novocastrians, with the city’s coastline and other icons often the basis for a lot of his work.

While Revs has produced dozens of stunning pieces over the years, he admits this one holds a special place in his heart.

“It was a pretty big moment for me when I found out the artwork was going to be a part of the 9s jersey…I’ve been a Knights fan my whole life as well as all my mates,” he said.

dsc09482.jpg

“It was a pretty special moment for me to tell them that (I was designing the jersey).

“I don’t think it’ll feel real until I hold the jersey and see the boys wearing it and see it on the television, so it is very exciting.”

The jersey itself is typical of most of his work, with the coast and people of Newcastle dominating the piece.

However, the addition of Knights and Rugby League related characters is sure to please fans from both today and yester-year.

dsc09477.jpg

“We’re able to tell stories of the Knights over the years,” Revs said.

“I feel like it’ll be a good story and something that will last for a while.”

As for Revs himself, he admits he’s unprepared for the sense of pride he will feel when he sees the players run out wearing his jersey.

“It’s going to be one of those things where I won’t fully understand how I’ll feel until I see it,” he said.

“I feel like once people have their own, and the opportunity to buy one themselves, it’ll be a good piece of history, and a fun one at that.”

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2020/02/04/our-nines-jersey-and-the-local-artist-behind-it/
I like the design, except for the dirty great big NIB box, seriously what a way to ruin a jersey, atleast box it in one of the clubs colors FFS.
Maybe should be the away Jersey in that color scheme, barr the painting that is

Frederick

Staff member
I like the design, except for the dirty great big NIB box, seriously what a way to ruin a jersey, atleast box it in one of the clubs colors FFS.
Maybe should be the away Jersey in that color scheme, barr the painting that is
I hate the green box. It'd be nice if they could do away with it and just have the white NIB writing

Frailty

First Grade
I always love seeing people complain about a jersey with a sponsors logo on it. "I know nib is paying the club money, but the least they could do is change their entire image to suit us".

Frederick

Staff member
I always love seeing people complain about a jersey with a sponsors logo on it. "I know nib is paying the club money, but the least they could do is change their entire image to suit us".
It's really not too much to ask for

Frailty

First Grade
It's really not too much to ask for
At $160 a pop I don't think it's unreasonable for fans to want a decent looking jersey, there are good and bad ways to incorporate the logos...

So you don't think it's unreasonable for a company that is pumping a significant amount of money into a club to expect their brand isn't changed?

What's a good way to incorporate NAB into that jersey without affecting their branding?

Did you have the same thought back in 1991?

Frederick

Staff member
Guessing your sarcasm detector is broken, but yes I have the same thoughts about the 91 jersey when BP were the sponsor, and then impulse Airlines and qantaslink had their sponsorships too. I hate sponsor logos that don't integrate well with the jersey they're on

MugaB

Coach
Im not paying over a hundred dollars to walk around looking like a billboard, if the box wasn't there id have no issue with sponsorship, but it is, and it covers the the majority of the knights design, so if you hear people complaining, how about stop siding with the creton that decided a big green box will help sell our product, if you want people to walk around supporting the team you're throwing money at, so they act as advertised/walking billboard, then you have to make the jersey look good, they've failed miserably for years with that ugly sponsorship.