What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Closer look via the Dragons' Twitter - looks to be a darker red hoop across the chest

ER7X1hGVAAAz7IW

Prometheus

Juniors
Dragons in all-red for the Charity Shield - could that be their away jersey for 2020?

Possible. Especially since it has the St George Bank logo in the main sponsor position instead of the St George Foundation logo that usually appears on the one-off Charity Shield jerseys. But really, if they're going back to all red, would it really kill them to add a couple of white Steelers stripes to the sleeves?!?

BTW, I'm loving the new take on the Dragons logo. In fact, I'm gonna steal it for my avatar.

34163-7dbd181fbdf69043d2a070992bddb2d1.jpg

Attachments

• STIDragLogo.jpg
    STIDragLogo.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 21

yakstorm

First Grade
The worse part of the Dragon's away jersey is the number of white blocks...

Firstly Trip a Deal have no issue integrating their jersey on the Titans kit, so I'm sure that logo could have at least being white text on a red background rather than what it is.

Westfund on the sternum have an version of their logo for negative backgrounds, and Modus' primary logo is actually white text on a coloured background.

The fact that even the Dragon's hashtag is in a white box just shows whoever is in charge though doesn't care.

Big Salad

Juniors
Looking at the trial game, the white on the top back of the Titans heritage jersey looks a lot lower than it should be, so looks out of balance.

Prometheus

Juniors
The worse part of the Dragon's away jersey is the number of white blocks...

Firstly Trip a Deal have no issue integrating their jersey on the Titans kit, so I'm sure that logo could have at least being white text on a red background rather than what it is.

Westfund on the sternum have an version of their logo for negative backgrounds, and Modus' primary logo is actually white text on a coloured background.

The fact that even the Dragon's hashtag is in a white box just shows whoever is in charge though doesn't care.

Modus were only announced as a sponsor this morning. So I assume they are a last minute addition to the jersey.

Jackson Allison

Juniors
I don’t know if anyone else noticed this but also in the charity shield game the Rabbitohs were wearing their nines jersey. It was rebadged with the nrl logo but strangely the major sponsor was Aqualand. The major sponsor for the Rabbitohs nines jerseys they wore 2 weeks ago in Perth was Alcatel. So could this be a comeback minties jersey from the 80s in the form of a heritage or alternate jersey or is it just a one off jersey that will only be used in that game?

Jackson Allison

Juniors
After looking on a few jersey shops and websites I came across a Sharks Home jersey with a different colour nrl logo. As you can clearly see the nrl logo on this jersey is white but on the normal jersey it’s just the colour of the Sharks Jersey. Could someone please confirm which one is the right jersey?
upload_2020-3-1_0-28-45.png
upload_2020-3-1_0-29-11.jpeg

Nuke

Staff member
A closer look at that photo of the Dragons' Charity Shield jersey shows that the jersey is effectively their 'blood and bandages' heritage jersey, but with two only-slightly-different shades of red instead of red and white.

There are multiple darker red hoops, not just the one.

sempmrh

Juniors
After looking on a few jersey shops and websites I came across a Sharks Home jersey with a different colour nrl logo. As you can clearly see the nrl logo on this jersey is white but on the normal jersey it’s just the colour of the Sharks Jersey. Could someone please confirm which one is the right jersey?
View attachment 36428
View attachment 36429
One is a real photo of a retail jersey with embroidered logos. The other is a computer generated image.

Hit The Post

Juniors
View attachment 36428
View attachment 36429
Pretty sure the correct one is the black nrl logo as that is the jersey they wore in the headshots

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
One is a real photo of a retail jersey with embroidered logos. The other is a computer generated image.
Also worth noting that the retail and player versions are likely to be different too - usually player versions are sublimated while retail is embroidered.
Two comments on dragons twitter asking if it’s our away jersey. Both comments were liked by xblades...View attachment 36430
Just about removes any doubt.
I don’t know if anyone else noticed this but also in the charity shield game the Rabbitohs were wearing their nines jersey. It was rebadged with the nrl logo but strangely the major sponsor was Aqualand. The major sponsor for the Rabbitohs nines jerseys they wore 2 weeks ago in Perth was Alcatel. So could this be a comeback minties jersey from the 80s in the form of a heritage or alternate jersey or is it just a one off jersey that will only be used in that game?
South Sydney's sponsorship arrangements normally dictate a balance of appearance for the home (Aqualand) and away (Alcatel) sponsors - which is why we'd be seeing Aqualand on today's jersey.

It wouldn't be a surprise to see it worn in Round 7 when they travel to Canberra, although they stuck with their away jersey last year from memory, perplexing many.

Latest posts