What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ladder

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
A pretty open year next season although that may change with Roosters now having coopercronk and SBW money to spend on the only decent players to come out on the market.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The Tigers have 9th or 10th on seven occasions in the past 13 seasons

On four of the other six occasions they have finished 13th, 14th or 15th and probably within 2 points of their spiritual finish

Anyone not tipping them to finish 9th needs to go back to the drawing board

I actually have us sliding next year. We havent signed anyone of note, are going to start the year without a 9, losing Matterson who was our best player and we dont have any young guys coming through who look like stars.

I know theres always a some player movement between now and Christmas. We're likley going to be active with Matterson and Matulino freeing up about $1mil. Unless that attracts a genuine star I can't see us improving much,

Someguy

First Grade
In the spirit of being wrong every season I will give this a go

Manly
Roosters
Storm
Broncos

Eels
Warriors
Souths
Tigers

Sharks
Panthers
Raiders
Bulldogs

Cowboys
Titans
Dragons
Knights

I see blow ups at the knights ponga situation possible mid season departure to roosters.

Manly to get big success from front rowers crashing over for tries

change to strip rule to hurt raiders as they will have to defend the occasional quick play the ball.

Ryan James to get a pile of Dally M points during origin period after missing selection again.

Brodie Croft moves to Brisbane, name thrown around come origin time

Jackson Hastings somehow finds his way back into the NRL

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
My preferred ladder to maximise crowds, memberships and general interest in the game:

Top 8
  1. Parramatta (arguably the biggest Sydney fan base, playing in the best Sydney stadium, enough said)
  2. Canterbury (huge Sydney fan base with their main rival at the top with them)
  3. Canberra (feel good story and huge bandwagon support due to their 90's golden generation)
  4. Melbourne (national TV audiences are boosted when the storm are involved, second most watch club on TV nationally)
  5. Warriors (huge bandwagon support when they are on a roll in Australia and NZ)
  6. Wests Tigers (huge Sydney fan base some finals action for them will be a breath of fresh air)
  7. Broncos (biggest fan base in the game, most watched club on TV nationally, enough said)
  8. Newcastle (huge fan base starving for some success)

Bottom 8
  • North QLD (will have an increased crowd average next year regardless of performance due to the new stadium honeymoon period)
  • Titans (a successful Titans has previously averaged 20k but they don't bring to the table quite what those in the top 8 bring)
  • Manly (even at their best they only really average 15k - don't bring enough to the table)
  • Roosters (they've had tons of success over the last 20 years, crowds top out at around 17 - 18k - don't bring enough and their financial world is secure whether they are at the top or bottom of the table)
  • South Sydney (for such a huge fan base, they have had some really disappointing turnouts this year, especially for finals games)
  • Sharks (at their best can only really average 17 - 18k - don't bring enough to the table)
  • Penrith (at their best can only really average 17 - 18k - don't bring enough to the table)
  • Dragons (for such a huge fan base they really only muster an average of 17 - 18k at their best, one of the better drawing clubs in big finals matches but don't quite bring enough to the table to displace any of the above in the top 8)

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
In the spirit of being wrong every season I will give this a go

I see blow ups at the knights ponga situation possible mid season departure to roosters.

The Roosters would never sign a guy like Ponga let alone we have Keary for 5/8, he would more likely join the Dragons. Doesn't tick the 'right attitude' box.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
My preferred ladder to maximise crowds, memberships and general interest in the game:

Top 8
  1. Parramatta (arguably the biggest Sydney fan base, playing in the best Sydney stadium, enough said)
  2. Canterbury (huge Sydney fan base with their main rival at the top with them)
  3. Canberra (feel good story and huge bandwagon support due to their 90's golden generation)
  4. Melbourne (national TV audiences are boosted when the storm are involved, second most watch club on TV nationally)
  5. Warriors (huge bandwagon support when they are on a roll in Australia and NZ)
  6. Wests Tigers (huge Sydney fan base some finals action for them will be a breath of fresh air)
  7. Broncos (biggest fan base in the game, most watched club on TV nationally, enough said)
  8. Newcastle (huge fan base starving for some success)

Bottom 8
  • North QLD (will have an increased crowd average next year regardless of performance due to the new stadium honeymoon period)
  • Titans (a successful Titans has previously averaged 20k but they don't bring to the table quite what those in the top 8 bring)
  • Manly (even at their best they only really average 15k - don't bring enough to the table)
  • Roosters (they've had tons of success over the last 20 years, crowds top out at around 17 - 18k - don't bring enough and their financial world is secure whether they are at the top or bottom of the table)
  • South Sydney (for such a huge fan base, they have had some really disappointing turnouts this year, especially for finals games)
  • Sharks (at their best can only really average 17 - 18k - don't bring enough to the table)
  • Penrith (at their best can only really average 17 - 18k - don't bring enough to the table)
  • Dragons (for such a huge fan base they really only muster an average of 17 - 18k at their best, one of the better drawing clubs in big finals matches but don't quite bring enough to the table to displace any of the above in the top 8)

Thanks for your input Todd.

Springs09

Juniors
1. Roosters
2. Sea Eagles
3. Knights
4. Eels
5. Rabbitohs
6. Raiders
7. Storm
8. Tigers

9. Bulldogs
10. Sharks
11. Broncos
12. Dragons
13. Panthers
14. Cowboys
15. Warriors
16. Titans

Roosters to continue at the top even without Cronk. Manly to improve with a fit Tommy Turbo all year. Knights to be this year's Raiders. Eels to get better but still have that horror performance in them.
Rabbits about the same. Raiders to slide based on former inconsistency of both them and their coach. Storm to slide with Smith either retired or distracted/burnt out. Tigers and Dogs to fight it out for the last spot.

Sharks & Broncos to be as poor as this year but to slide as some teams will be better. Will not be surprised to see Dragons, Cowboys & Warriors lose their coaches, can't see any way up for them. Titans to rebuild under Holbrook but can see talks of them folding if they don't get any better.

And none of this to come true. More likely:
1. Roosters
2. Storm
3. Rabbits
4-8. Who knows
9. Tigers
10-15. Who knows
16. Titans

mozza91

Coach
The Roosters will use Tetevano’s money to sign both Trbojevic’s and Cameron Munster.

Canard

Immortal
I actually hope the Roosters win again in 2020, so that the 2019 stolen premiership can be consigned to history.

Latest posts