What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Membership

taipan

Referee

Western_Eel

Juniors
Your free GA membership for kids with every GA adult membership is a great initiative and I reckon will be very popular
its great, i had 2 adults and 2 kids last year, and im doing it again this year. its absolutely crazy going from GA to bronze tho, it cost me $350 now for my family if i want to go up to bronze its $800 then $1100 for silver. then there's gold, platinum and west club house. Parramatta must be making some good coin.
ill stick with GA im always there early anyway so i can choose my seats

Perth Red

Post Whore
its great, i had 2 adults and 2 kids last year, and im doing it again this year. its absolutely crazy going from GA to bronze tho, it cost me $350 now for my family if i want to go up to bronze its $800 then $1100 for silver. then there's gold, platinum and west club house. Parramatta must be making some good coin.

Yeh those mid range memberships are very expensive at most clubs. $65-70 to sit on the try line or 10m line sucks. I'd love to see a standardised NRl ticket pricing come in for memberships subsidised by NRL. GA $150 plus free child membership, mid tier $250 ($50 kids) top tier $350 ($100 kids). Some reciprocal game attendance opportunities for clubs with stadium capacity to offer it. RL fans arent generally the richest people in the world and taking a family to a game shouldn't cost $200 for a night out every other week.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Yeh those mid range memberships are very expensive at most clubs. $65-70 to sit on the try line or 10m line sucks. I'd love to see a standardised NRl ticket pricing come in for memberships subsidised by NRL. GA $150 plus free child membership, mid tier $250 ($50 kids) top tier $350 ($100 kids). Some reciprocal game attendance opportunities for clubs with stadium capacity to offer it. RL fans arent generally the richest people in the world and taking a family to a game shouldn't cost $200 for a night out every other week.

You should tell politician-in-waiting Todd Greenberg that. He would have no idea.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Other issue for Eels is they are trying to turn around some terrible financial losses in recent years. In '16 they lost $12mill, '17 $10 mill and '18 $4million. I guess until they get that sorted it is hard to reduce ticket prices.

Delboy

First Grade
You should tell politician-in-waiting Todd Greenberg that. He would have no idea.
He's too.busy trying to put rules into the game to appease the PC brigade, like no tackling until U13 and no points for winning.

Think he arranged all the surveys in the inner city and eastern suburbs, so out of touch.

Billythekid

First Grade
View attachment 35687

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34223-2020-nrl-membership-tracker/

Three clubs are still yet to provide any kind of figure. By this time last year, all 16 clubs were reporting something.

The figures for Melbourne, Warriors and Penrith are now a bit old too.

If we add on the teams not yet reporting and give them the same figures from this time last year we’d be a decent way behind. Seems if we see growth this year it won’t be by much.

Perth Red

Post Whore
We (probably) didn’t have growth last year, we’ve done nothing different to last year, why wouLd we expect a better outcome? It’s like the nrl clubs just expect to grow their customer base with no effort put in?

Frailty

First Grade
We (probably) didn’t have growth last year, we’ve done nothing different to last year, why would we expect a better outcome? It’s like the nrl clubs just expect to grow their customer base with no effort put in?

Since moving to Melbourne I haven't renewed my Sharks membership, simply because there is no value in doing so. Here are the 'benefits' of the 'Country & Interstate' Membership for $110:
  • $75 ticket voucher - To get a ticket to a game in Melbourne
  • 10% off merchandise - Ok cool
  • Leagues Club membership - When will I get to go to the Leagues Club? Especially since it's being renovated and will be closed.
  • Priority access to Finals, Origin and Grand Final tickets - standard
  • 10% off school holiday clinics - Not a child, and also wouldn't be able to go.
  • Access to Members only events - Aside from an interstate appearance, I wouldn't be able to get to any of them.
  • Sponsor Discounts - Probably won't use Durakote, or TFH anytime soon.
  • 10% off pre-purchased tickets for Shark's home games - Ok that's fine, I guess.
  • Vote for your Sharks player of the year - Not exactly a big drawcard but ok.
  • Member Exclusive emails - Ok.
  • Exclusive access to Club news - Is this different to the member email?
Essentially I would pay $110 for a ticket to the game in Melbourne, and I get to go to a signing session.

No thanks.