What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Membership

Dogs Of War

Coach
I never get why the NRL doesn't try something leading up to Xmas to push getting a membership for a club for your partner/family member. I'm sure a lot of people would take them up on that. Not to mention clubs really should have had memberships on sale by the start of Dec.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Price comparison full season for all clubs, GA and best seats (without the box food/drink package stuff). Manly are having a laugh and some clubs (Storm, Dragons, Souths etc) GA is expensive and would put off low income earners. Eels Jnr offer is best deal by far. Need deep pockets if you want to sit in the best seats at new NQ stadium.

Qland

Broncos (12 games)
Cheapest $199
Best $799

Titans (11 games)
Cheapest $189
Best $553

Cowboys (12 games)
Cheapest $180
Best $810

NSW

Souths (10 games+Gosford)
Cheapest $247
Best $422

Eels (11 games)
Cheapest $200
Best $650

Roosters (9 games + Gosford)
Cheapest $150
Best $410

Tigers (12 games)
Cheapest $235
Best $795

Bulldogs (11 games + Souths game@ANZ)
Cheapest $145
Best $400

Panthers (11 games)
Cheapest $165
Best $255

Seaeagles (10 games +2 doesn't say what the two are)
Cheapest $205
Best $705

Dragons (12 games)
Cheapest $240
Best $560

Sharks (11 games)
Cheapest $170
Best $350

Knights (12 games)
Cheapest $165
Best $420

Other

Raiders (12 games)
Cheapest $180
Best $630

Storm (11 games)
Cheapest $230
Best $525

Warriors (12 games)
Cheapest $270 (18 game tickets. Strangely Warriors don't do a 12 game GA membership!)
Best $469

Perth Red

Post Whore
Cost per game in cheap seats of GA membership.

Per game:
Bulldogs $12.08
Knights $13.75
Cowboys $15
Roosters $15
Panthers $15
Raiders $15
Warriors $15 **
Sharks $15.45
Broncos $16.50
SeaEagles $17.08*
Titans $17.10
Eels $18.10
Tigers $19.58
Dragons $20
Storm $20.90
Souths $22.45

* Manly includes 2 other home games but not saying where they are
** Warriors is for 18 game ticket as they don't sell a 12 game GA

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
I never get why the NRL doesn't try something leading up to Xmas to push getting a membership for a club for your partner/family member. I'm sure a lot of people would take them up on that. Not to mention clubs really should have had memberships on sale by the start of Dec.
As far as we're aware, all clubs have memberships on sale. N.S. means Not Supplied - so it's not that they're not selling, it's just that they aren't telling anyone how many members they have.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
It’s over $1000 for a family of 2 x 2 at Souths for ok seating. You still get wet:p

there is zero incentive to become a season ticket holder

Perth Red

Post Whore
It’s over $1000 for a family of 2 x 2 at Souths for ok seating. You still get wet:p

You can see from my GA data Souths are the most expensive club in the NRL, double the Bulldogs who they share a stadium with (when you take out Gosford)!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

See again you're not actually providing much in the way of factual information to contribute to the discussion.

A family of 2a 2c can access GA seating which does include undercover seating for $592.00.

Where cheaper seating exists, its a bit disingenuous to start talking about "ok seating" just so you can sell everyone a line that it's "over $1000" when you're referring to Diamond and Gold level reserved seats.

Clubs should absolutely be able to charge premium prices for premium seating. My understanding of the current discussion is that we're talking about accessibility in pricing and that starts with entry level seating - GA - which is nowhere near the prices you're throwing out there.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Good, you go and sit behind the goal posts or other equally bad seats and see how great it is
As to “premium seating”......at Homebush??

Are you a season ticket holder?

Timmah

Staff member
Good, you go and sit behind the goal posts or other equally bad seats and see how great it is
As to “premium seating”......at Homebush??

Are you a season ticket holder?
By all means shift the goalposts when the facts don't suit whatever agenda you're trying to push. Fact remains you can pick up a 2a 2c family membership for the Rabbitohs for as cheap as < 600 bucks.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
By all means shift the goalposts when the facts don't suit whatever agenda you're trying to push. Fact remains you can pick up a 2a 2c family membership for the Rabbitohs for as cheap as < 600 bucks.

Facts remain that the number of season tickets holders for every club is massively underperforming. That needs to be addressed unless you’re happy having an empty 80000 seat stadium every week

no one wants your shitty cheap options. That's painfully clear, so what your solution guru?

Timmah

Staff member
Facts remain that the number of season tickets holders for every club is massively underperforming. That needs to be addressed unless you’re happy having an empty 80000 seat stadium every week

no one wants your shitty cheap options. That's painfully clear, so what your solution guru?
lol what an extraordinary claim. People don't want cheap memberships? What planet are you on?

(also it's worth noting ANZ is gone after Round 15, so that "empty 80,000 seat stadium" problem solves itself for a couple of years at least)

carcharias

Immortal
I’d be interested to see how many Sharks Fan are prepared to travel to that cesspit in Kogarah.
I got tix
Doesn’t necessarily mean I’ll go though.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
lol what an extraordinary claim. People don't want cheap memberships? What planet are you on?

You really have a comprehension issue dont you and you clearly don't go to any games..

Or you are just one of those keyboard warriors who looks to be antagonistic all the time
Ill ask again but don't expect an honest answer from you

Are you a season ticket holder for the dogs?

Timmah

Staff member
You really have a comprehension issue dont you and you clearly don't go to any games..

Or you are just one of those keyboard warriors who looks to be antagonistic all the time
Ill ask again but don't expect an honest answer from you

Are you a season ticket holder for the dogs?
Let's actually review what you've said here:

Your gripe is that some clubs struggle to attract members and perhaps aren't doing enough, particularly in Sydney, yet you're up in arms and focusing on cost of premium seating memberships for being too expensive (which they're supposed to be, they're premium).

Those types of memberships aren't going to be what attract people who currently aren't members into being members. General admission memberships and flexi ticket plans are going to be what gets those more casual fans through the door. What some clubs seem to have not nailed is the value proposition of those memberships.

My point is - if you're going to get upset about the cost of memberships being a deterrent to people joining, you're better off starting at the entry point, which in most clubs' cases is GA. Perth Red's breakdown of average GA membership costs is a good starting point for this.