What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020: NRL 360

84 Baby

Referee
Fair point. Could work in the NRL I reckon. Not so sure about the A-League.
Kinda of a mixed bag. I think Australia could support a “2nd tier” soccer league but there will be a massive gulf to A League in terms of professionalism. They should hold off on promotion system.
No way league could support one. Barely have the player pool to support current comp

84 Baby

Referee
I think the better thing would be reduce to 6 team finals and have more room for regular season games I.e. have I mentioned I think we should have full home and away comp?

hindy111

Post Whore
That's what Kent said

Buzz and Ikin like it

It also rewards the top 6 sides

I guess it keeps interest to a lot more games longer into the season

Stupid idea. It will make club games less meaningfull.
And all it does is prolong the final series. The team finishing outside top 4 never wins it. Why add more to the list ffs.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Tiering won’t work. Won’t work in A League either. We don’t have the economy to sustain having teams flipping between top comp and 2nd comp

They said they tried that in Super league, canned it after a few years no one was interested

Eelogical

Referee
I don’t get the furore about having 10 team finals. It’d only be an extra 2 games between 4 teams who’d all be around the same level of shit season and unlikely to progress beyond the next week
Just my opinion, it would cheapen the final series.Only the best teams over a season of club football should be competing for the title. I already think that having eight teams atm is two teams too many. If changes are to be made then conferences are the way to go.

Gronk

Staff member
Interesting that Kevin Walters was promised the Broncos job and then they gave it to Seibold. Kent said that Kevvy passed on an another employment opportunity because of the promised job. :thinking:

84 Baby

Referee
Just my opinion, it would cheapen the final series.Only the best teams over a season of club football should be competing for the title. I already think that having eight teams atm is two teams too many. If changes are to be made then conferences are the way to go.
I think in most seasons there wouldn’t be a huge difference between 8 or 10 team series. I actually think it should either be 6 or 10. 10 would mean the teams that actually deserve it will have to play 1 less than their opponents

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Did anyone ask Ikin what the f**k he was thinking entering the QLD PGA event after he missed the cut and finished last with rounds of 81 and 85?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Interesting that Kevin Walters was promised the Broncos job and then they gave it to Seibold. Kent said that Kevvy passed on an another employment opportunity because of the promised job. :thinking:

Manly? Tigers?