What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020: NRL 360

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah it’s all very dodgy no matter what way you look at it.

I also recall the Cowboys being ‘investigated’ over some houses built for their players at a severely reduced cost. That investigation lasted a matter of hours if I’m not mistaken...as if the NRL didn’t want to find anything there.
It seems that doing comprehensive audits and seizing computers and files is the only way to catch the cheats. I don’t understand why the NRL doesn’t go into every club right now and go through their stuff.
Actually I do understand why...because they know what they are going to find and it will make them look incompetent for having it all go on under their noses.

Remember, the NRL on numerous occasions said that the Eels were fine and there was no problem with our cap situation...until an insider told them where to look.
Yes the Cows. :rolling_eyes: How far did they actually dig ? Hypothetically a player buys a block of land from the chairman's subdivision. He pays a construction cost equiv to a modest 3 bedder. What is approved and built is 2 storey palace with swimming pool etc. How far did they dig other than casting their eyes over valuations and building contracts ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Teams have only ever been caught by a whistle blower, or by self reporting in the sharks and I think Warriors case.

The NRL don’t want to catch anyone, they refuse to look too hard because they are terrified of what they will find. That the cap is an absolute farce and isn’t working.

The last 7 or 8 years only two teams have been minor premiers. Which is the best indication of the strength of a roster.

hindy111

Post Whore
What the salary cap bust did was shook the eels board. I have no idea what goes on but I feel we seem more proffessional now. Less leaks and doesn't seem to be any in house fighting and bitching. For the long term sucess of our club (Face it Parra is the biggest club in NRL- Unsure people out of Sydney have any idea whats happening to Parra as a city) it was a good thing we where busted.

Eelogical

Referee
jpg7G6xla7LEX.jpg

TheParraboy

Staff member
show tonight (Wednesday)

DeBelin will appear in federal court tomorrow regarding fighting his right to play

Latest posts