What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020: NRL 360

TheParraboy

Staff member
The broncos were missing half a run on side last thursday .... thats gotta mean something

They arent world beaters but they are better than 0-59 when at full strength

Take players like Reed, RCG, Matto, Lane, Waqa out of our team and we might struggle a bit too

Fair call,

Though they weren't missing too many run on players in the 0-58 semi final

Point being - Seibold already had excuses made well before FT, even bringing into the argument when roosters came 15th in 2016 and got belted in a game. wtf !!

He got rid of experienced players, and now crying that they are a young inexperienced side lol

84 Baby

Referee
Allowing the protests on the weekend tells us the government is ok with large crowds. Bring on the footy crowds!
Didn’t the government fight it? (I’m sure it was all because of covid and nothing to do with it being a protest)

strider

Post Whore
Allowing the protests on the weekend tells us the government is ok with large crowds. Bring on the footy crowds!
Well no ... it just says people were too scared to say no to the protests

The government has since said, no more protests (large crowds), starting .... now

strider

Post Whore
Didn’t the government fight it? (I’m sure it was all because of covid and nothing to do with it being a protest)
As i understand it, nsw govt opposed the protest, but other states not ... the wicked witch of the north sends alot of mixed messages

In nsw it went to court and got allowed

TheParraboy

Staff member

Lets hope so, unless we see a big spike in cv19 infections over the next few weeks and majority infected were at protests, will screw it up!!

Noise

Coach
As i understand it, nsw govt opposed the protest, but other states not ... the wicked witch of the north sends alot of mixed messages

In nsw it went to court and got allowed
So there is now a legal precedent that large gatherings can take place?

strider

Post Whore
So there is now a legal precedent that large gatherings can take place?
No i believe the nsw govt said they opposed it and wont allow it going forward.

And i dare say the courts would treat the nrl different to a politically motivated protest

But i agree ... if there is no spike in cases then the protest will end up a sample of why there should be no restrictions and people will be on the war path

Noise

Coach
No i believe the nsw govt said they opposed it and wont allow it going forward.

And i dare say the courts would treat the nrl different to a politically motivated protest

But i agree ... if there is no spike in cases then the protest will end up a sample of why there should be no restrictions and people will be on the war path
How can the courts treat it differently when the risk of infection is exactly the same at a footy ground or a public protest? Covid-19 doesn't care about political motivation.

strider

Post Whore
How can the courts treat it differently when the risk of infection is exactly the same at a footy ground or a public protest? Covid-19 doesn't care about political motivation.
Im not saying its right .... i just think the peter fitzsimons types of the world will find justification in that specific protest, but oppose similar for sports

Noise

Coach
Im not saying its right .... i just think the peter fitzsimons types of the world will find justification in that specific protest, but oppose similar for sports
Luckily Peter Fitzsimons types are dumb merkins who have no say in a court of law and has so far been wrong in every prediction he has made re. rugby league and the corona virus.

I reckon the reason the NRL / AFL and even some wedding venues are now getting more vocal about crowds / guests returning early (despite governments saying otherwise) are because the protests were allowed to go ahead.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
A bunch of self entitled f**kwits went against the best wishes of Government. That doesn't mean that Rugby League can suddenly start having crowds.

strider

Post Whore
Luckily Peter Fitzsimons types are dumb merkins who have no say in a court of law and has so far been wrong in every prediction he has made re. rugby league and the corona virus.

I reckon the reason the NRL / AFL and even some wedding venues are now getting more vocal about crowds / guests returning early (despite governments saying otherwise) are because the protests were allowed to go ahead.
Agree .... allowing the protests opened an enormous can of worms

Noise

Coach
A bunch of self entitled f**kwits went against the best wishes of Government. That doesn't mean that Rugby League can suddenly start having crowds.
Self entitled f**kwits went against government wishes without consequence because the court of law said they could gather together in a large crowd.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Self entitled f**kwits went against government wishes without consequence because the court of law said they could gather together in a large crowd.
I'm sure we'd all be happy if we were ruled with an iron fist.

Too easy to blame government these days. Personal responsibility is an afterthought.

Noise

Coach
I'm sure we'd all be happy if we were ruled with an iron fist.

Too easy to blame government these days. Personal responsibility is an afterthought.
I'm not really blaming the government. The courts said they could. If it's lawful for one group to gather together in a mass gathering then it's lawful for all groups.

84 Baby

Referee
I'm not really blaming the government. The courts said they could. If it's lawful for one group to gather together in a mass gathering then it's lawful for all groups.
Dr Coatsworth said it best when he said it’s a part of ending lockdowns but it’s not THE end

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How exactly do you stop them without becoming a totalitarian shitbag government that everyone would hate?

Personal responsibility should count for something.
Its 2020 mate, it’s no one’s fault for anything. Except the Goverment, and Trump....... And BA when Parra lose......