What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 NRL Nines February 14-15

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
agree - though its 2 errors I think were bad

guthos kick out on the full and salmon's simple dropped ball

though I still think we had too many bigs .... I just don't see paulo the right dude for 9s ... switch a healthy waqa for paulo and we do better (I know waqa is injured but if he wasn't) - or alternatively, will smith would probably go quite ok at 9s
Sivo and Ferguson need to carry the ball more. In Nines there just aren't enough kick returns for wingers to get their usual involvement. These merkins should attack in the middle and rest on the wing in defence. It was Paulo and Lane's lazy defence that left gaps for Canterbury's tries.

TheParraboy

Staff member
It's silly to compare..A dumb game where no game plan is used and no structure or patience.
On top of that no intensity is there.

First 3 hit ups in every set

Id say that was a deliberate plan and patience, not the right one in hindsight but a plan all the same

The sides that did well, they had some variation within those 3 plays

I reckon you wont see these 3 hit ups in every set today, and we will fire and burn the dragon

Noise

Coach
First 3 hit ups in every set

Id say that was a deliberate plan and patience, not the right one in hindsight but a plan all the same

The sides that did well, they had some variation within those 3 plays

I reckon you wont see these 3 hit ups in every set today, and we will fire and burn the dragon
2 plays max in the middle, then try to generate a quick play the ball by isolating an edge defender in a one on one tackle on the edge....Then dummy half takes off.

strider

Post Whore
If we are to progress ....
- if dogs beat sharks, we need to beat dragons by 13
- if sharks beat dogs, we need to beat dragons by f**ked if i know, depends on dogs-sharks score, but probably s small winning margin will be enough

strider

Post Whore
If we are to progress ....
- if dogs beat sharks, we need to beat dragons by 13
- if sharks beat dogs, we need to beat dragons by f**ked if i know, depends on dogs-sharks score, but probably s small winning margin will be enough

If sharks win by 1 to 5, we need to win by 6 to 2,
If sharks win by 6 to 19, any win will get us through
If sharks win by more than 19, then we need to win by more than whatever sharks score above 19

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's silly to compare..A dumb game where no game plan is used and no structure or patience.
On top of that no intensity is there.

I totally agree, mate.

And I agree with what you said earlier - if we were 100% set on winning this thing, Peni Terepo would have made the squad; Peni's speed, and agility, make him perfect for the 9's.

I am convinced that Arthur told the boys to go out there, have fun, and get some mileage in their legs.

Once we fell behind on the score board, their body language showed me that they were going through the motions, and didn't really seem to care too much about the result.

Noise

Coach
I bagged the quality of the football yesterday. Well I am watching the women’s game now. My God it’s atrocious. Some of them can’t even pass a ball properly.

Eelementary

Post Whore
That’s unlike us.

What I meant is that, in NRL games, when we fall behind, we have a tendency to go for miracle plays, to try to make up the deficit.

Yesterday, we fell behind, and we kept going through the motions.

I think we wouldn't mind winning the 9's, but our priority seems to be getting match fit.

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
Sorry mate, I'm not joining your lynch mob. The catastrophizng in this thread is really unnecessary.

Mate that’s offensive...I have been on here for 2 days and your already accusing me of heading a lynch mob, it is ridiculous and uncalled for, this is a forum where people express opinions, if you don’t like it too bad...you being on here forever doesn’t give you any seniority over me or anybody else! Catastrophizng ? Really what does that even mean?