What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Perth Nines

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just going to say it now but Wayne Bennett’s plan for Goodwin needs to be orange peeler. Was past it when he left and slower now . Lack of enthusiasm for a lot of Souths players tonight and we still got an injury with Lowe. Hope next game shapes up better. , it’s only 9s BUT
Don’t dis my man Goodwin, that was just a man of the match performance and I went jumping and leaping in pure joy.

Bryson is back bbbbaaaabbbbyyyyy as good as ever! I’m pumped @callmack1 that was brilliant from Gagai Ta’affe too.

3. Goodwin
2. Ta’affe
1. Goodwin

callmack1

Staff member
Yewww that's better boys!!! Great game!!! We let the ball sing, played a good style and cut out the errors which was great.

Burns, Gags, Taaffe and Goodwin were all brilliant!!

Through to the quarters we go!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Cook: was solid without being great.
Murray: was also solid.
Gagai: Strong defence forcing them into error and an intercept try
Su’a: Ran hard and strong and made his tackles.
J. Cook: scored a try not from far out and he was very solid, I like this kid.
Gebbie: didn’t make errors and was solid
Burns: was very quiet if I’m being honest
Ta’affe: a fine performance all around and he has good energy. He’s like Tracey but with a passing and kicking game. Will be our next halfback in 2 years when Reyno is done.
Mago: Made his tackles and had a couple of strong charges, no errors.

Goodwin: a number of solid runs, a try assist to put Campbell over and a try of his own, our best player.
Campbell: Made an error but apart from that was busy.
Ilias: Scored a try I think with 5 Raiders on him. He has a nice game also and good look about him.
Paulo: Didn’t notice him.
Johns: Had a couple of solid runs and made his tackles

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yewww that's better boys!!! Great game!!! We let the ball sing, played a good style and cut out the errors which was great.

Burns, Gags, Taaffe and Goodwin were all brilliant!!

Through to the quarters we go!
Sorry bro I disagree re Burns he was quiet again for mine.

I actually just heard off a mate that after the post match interview Cookie said we will be seeing lots of Bryson in first grade this year.

Bro I think he may get that 14 jersey as he covers centre, wing and back row.

The commentators were giving him nothing but the highest praise along with Cookie.

Last edited:

truthslayer

Juniors
Don’t dis my man Goodwin, that was just a man of the match performance and I went jumping and leaping in pure joy.

Bryson is back bbbbaaaabbbbyyyyy as good as ever! I’m pumped @callmack1 that was brilliant from Gagai Ta’affe too.

3. Goodwin
2. Ta’affe
1. Goodwin
Still orange boy material. I wouldn’t call that Canberra side a threat. Once some quality players front him you can see why that old age pension should be granted .

truthslayer

Juniors
Thank goodness that’s over, Looks like Gebbe has the hands of George Burgess, Liked Taafe promising, Cook not captain material , kicking was hopeless , forwards were ordinary , I hope that Koloa improves didn’t see much there. No footwork with the younger players. Lots of work for some of the players. If Bennett was looking for something don’t think he saw much with this tidily winks competition. Taafe was good .

callmack1

Staff member
A bit disappointed with the effort there, completely different to how we played the game against the Raiders. We didn't play Nines at all there, it was all one out with little effort. I just can't understand why to be honest. It's almost like Wayne said "right boys, let's put the cue in the rack and get out of here." That's what it looked like to me because we just threw nothing at them apart from a few kicks down the middle and our only try.

But oh well, I'm not too phased. We made the quarters so I'm happy with the tournament, that's a good effort in my opinion. Some of our young guys stood up too. In the whole scheme of things, the Nines doesn't mean a lot and you can't really judge stuff about teams from it. It seems that Wayne doesn't place much value in the Nines. The trials is where we'll get a good proper look.

Cheers Nines, I've enjoyed ya! Now onto the real stuff!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I actually thought our first grade boys got in the way a little bit. Cook and Murray were definitely guilty of trying to do too much. They honestly should of sent the juniors over by themselves. Probably would of got a similar result or maybe better.

Rabbits20

Immortal
A bit disappointed with the effort there, completely different to how we played the game against the Raiders. We didn't play Nines at all there, it was all one out with little effort. I just can't understand why to be honest. It's almost like Wayne said "right boys, let's put the cue in the rack and get out of here." That's what it looked like to me because we just threw nothing at them apart from a few kicks down the middle and our only try.

But oh well, I'm not too phased. We made the quarters so I'm happy with the tournament, that's a good effort in my opinion. Some of our young guys stood up too. In the whole scheme of things, the Nines doesn't mean a lot and you can't really judge stuff about teams from it. It seems that Wayne doesn't place much value in the Nines. The trials is where we'll get a good proper look.

Cheers Nines, I've enjoyed ya! Now onto the real stuff!!
Well put.

I thought there were a number of positives though in Ta’affe, Goodwin, Koloa, Tatola, Burns coming through unscathed etc.....