What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 PF2 - Storm 30-10 Raiders @ Suncorp

Finals Week 3: Storm v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moffla

Bench
Both sides can be immensely proud of their seasons, regardless of the result.
Canberra were written off by many, including myself, after Josh Hodgson went down. While Storm have had to play out of QLD for most of the season.

I hope and expect we’ll win but I couldn’t begrudge Raiders from trying to redeem themselves in a GF if we were to lose tbh

greenBV4

Bench
Both sides can be immensely proud of their seasons, regardless of the result.
Canberra were written off by many, including myself, after Josh Hodgson went down. While Storm have had to play out of QLD for most of the season.

I hope and expect we’ll win but I couldn’t begrudge Raiders from trying to redeem themselves in a GF if we were to lose tbh
yep ill be hoping (and am pretty sure) we get the win, but will definately be on the Raiders bandwagon if they get us

Grapple

First Grade
2/13 wins at suncorp for Canberra!

I could be too tired right now and have this wrong but surely it hasn't been since 2010, Canberra have won at Suncorp? (Round 26).

Though 2019 was only a close loss to roosters..
Last two seasons Canberra have been a completely different, more consistent team, so not sure it's hugely relevant... but a bit of an unlucky ground all the same.

Stephen Durrant

Juniors
A major worry for the Raiders will be their legs. They just seem a bit unfit IMO. Heading up to Brisbane where it is starting to get a little humid will probably be a bit of a shock for them. Melbourne have obviously acclimatised.

Fitness is not something that is too much of an issue for the Raiders. They were the best in the competition over the last 20 minutes of games all year. You can't do that without being fit.

magpie_man

Juniors
Flip a coin for this one.
Melbourne's speed, their structure and discipline, the Suncorp Stadium factor, the week off - they really should be firm favourites.
But...
There's just something about Canberra; they have that little bit of unpredictability about them and have the ability to pull out an arsey try against the run of play. Josh Papalii is playing like the human incarnation of the Incredible Hulk at the moment too.
I'll go with Canberra but not by much.

Someguy

First Grade
Storm Rightly favourite and should win but I just get the feeling that if the raiders can stay in the game till the last 15 minutes then they win. Defending a small lead against the raiders is not something the storm can do.

Cmon Raiders, if they can make the GF again and play the Panthers or Souffs it is win/win.
For me personally you have to go back to 2005 to find a GF where I didn’t hate at least one team playing,
grand finals need a villan tho for a neutral to get into it. 2 teams you kinda like makes it hard to care who wins. The Storm could be playing ISIS in the grand final & most neutrals would support ISIS lol

Valheru

Coach
This will be close at half time but expecting storm to suffocate Raiders and score a couple of late tries to blow out to a 13+ victory.

Raiders looked gassed int he last 30 minutes last week and I don't think they will score enough points int he first half to hold on.

nick87

Coach
I think us and the storm are both fairly evenly matched. I dont think either is appreciably better than the other, unlike the other game where the Panthers are clearly superior. This game will simply come down to who executes and plays better on the night, and perhaps who the footy gods wish to smile on when it comes to injuries and the bounce of the ball

skeepe

Immortal
grand finals need a villan tho for a neutral to get into it. 2 teams you kinda like makes it hard to care who wins. The Storm could be playing ISIS in the grand final & most neutrals would support ISIS lol

That’s what the Panthers are for. Most unlikeable team in the league, and by a big margin.

GongPanther

Referee
I think us and the storm are both fairly evenly matched. I dont think either is appreciably better than the other, unlike the other game where the Panthers are clearly superior. This game will simply come down to who executes and plays better on the night, and perhaps who the footy gods wish to smile on when it comes to injuries and the bounce of the ball

Simply approach this game with the same mindset as you did last week.

I think Williams is going to have a standout match if the Storm don't keep tabs on him.

Latest posts