What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 QF1 (1 v 4) - Panthers 29-28 Roosters @ Panthers

Finals Week 1: Panthers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

soc123_au

Staff member
I'm not whinging about the reffing mate.
I thought the reffing was ok. Cleary's first try from the Martin loose ball could have gone either way. Technically it wasn't a knock on, but they often get called that way (which shits me, a knock on should go forward, but consistency is the key here)

I thought the Edwards penalty was harsh, but the rules are the rules.

A few calls could have gone either way apart from that, I've seen a lot worse officiating.

Valheru

Coach
I thought the reffing was ok. Cleary's first try from the Martin loose ball could have gone either way. Technically it wasn't a knock on, but they often get called that way (which shits me, a knock on should go forward, but consistency is the key here)

I thought the Edwards penalty was harsh, but the rules are the rules.

A few calls could have gone either way apart from that, I've seen a lot worse officiating.

Agreed

Things went both ways. It is what it is

As any descriptive term can. How one uses it and in which tone makes the all the difference.

I was trying to add a theological bent to the assessment.

But as you know, I try to enjoy the concept and make light of it.

As one approaches St Marys on the Great Western Hwy, say a km or so from Car City heading West, as one hits the Panthers city limits, one starts sensing the smug.

Hard to nail it at first, but by the time one hits Kingswood, it’s hard to see the road for more than 20 metres ahead due to the smug.

Those of us with stickers of other clubs on the car, we are pulled over and issued with special gas masks, given a warning to behave whilst in town.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
I hope luai learned a lesson tonight because he really poked the bear there, all 3 tries after that the roosters players gave it to him and he was absolutely steam rolled by Crighton.
It's Cleary (Ivan) who needs to learn the lesson. Opposition packs with lots of possession are always going to target the 85 kilo 5/8. This is not a new tactic that the genius coach Fatface devised this week. It happened to Presto as well, 17 years ago. He had a worse problem than Luai with big boofheaded forwards running at him, but it didn't stop us winning the comp. Coach is onto it, small tweak needed.

The_Frog

First Grade
But nobody touched him before he was pushed back.
It was a fair pinch that one. The thing to do is to hit them in such a way that momentum takes them ingoal. Then it is a single effort.

I wonder what would happen if the team not in possession refused to put a hand on the player who had just dived on the ball. Just surrounded him.