What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 QF1 (1 v 4) - Panthers 29-28 Roosters @ Panthers

Finals Week 1: Panthers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

soc123_au

Staff member
My heart rate is finally back to normal. I imagine as a neutral that was a belter of game. It had everything.

The Chooks missing Friend was telling. I think Lussick will be a good player, but the pressure got to him. On the other hand SBW out was a blessing, Aubo on the bench was crucial, when he came on at hooker the middle tightened up & momentum shifted. He is no Api, but he is a hell of a player.

As mentioned last night the way the game unfolded was the best result for us, as fun as the 30 minutes of Cleary master class was to watch, being under the pump for the final 30 minutes will give us some steel. As good as the mythical "loss we had to have" without the actual loss.

Hopefully Kikau & JWH get a decent outcome at the judiciary, both are crucial for each side.

Now to enjoy the rest of this weekends games, hopefully we get a spectacle on par with last night again.

Vee

First Grade
No feel for the game. Similar to when Josh Morris died with the ball after catching a bomb and was awarded a penalty. Even if you say the defender made a 2nd effort there it should just be play the ball - dying with the ball doesn't earn you 30 metres.
Ummm, no.

My heart rate is finally back to normal. I imagine as a neutral that was a belter of game. It had everything.

The Chooks missing Friend was telling. I think Lussick will be a good player, but the pressure got to him. On the other hand SBW out was a blessing, Aubo on the bench was crucial, when he came on at hooker the middle tightened up & momentum shifted. He is no Api, but he is a hell of a player.

As mentioned last night the way the game unfolded was the best result for us, as fun as the 30 minutes of Cleary master class was to watch, being under the pump for the final 30 minutes will give us some steel. As good as the mythical "loss we had to have" without the actual loss.

Hopefully Kikau & JWH get a decent outcome at the judiciary, both are crucial for each side.

Now to enjoy the rest of this weekends games, hopefully we get a spectacle on par with last night again.

Penrith will definitely grow from that experience last night. Ordinarily, Kikau & JWH would cop a fine for last night but they both have priors which is a concern. Enjoy the break, soc

Vee

First Grade
Morris grounded the ball in goal before promoting it. Edwards was entitled to push him in goal Morris hadn’t been touched and just lied on the ground. It was one movement with no second effort.
Ummmm, no.

forby

Juniors
Look at the reply. He grounded it in goal. Anything afterwards means nothing.
Besides, show me a rule that says lying on the ground without being touched means you are tackled. If it was anywhere else on the field he was fair game.

Fangs

Coach
Unfortunately the next 3 games are likely to be wipeouts. Some big mismatches. Storm v Eels isn't going to be pretty.

Vee

First Grade
I’ll put my serious cap on here.
If a player goes in to make a tackle, hits the ball with their hand when the attacking player tries to pass/offload, and it travels forward Its deemed as a knock on/playing at the ball.

Why is what happened right there no different?
It didn't hit his hand. He didn't play at the ball.

SBD82

Coach
Look at the reply. He grounded it in goal. Anything afterwards means nothing.
Besides, show me a rule that says lying on the ground without being touched means you are tackled. If it was anywhere else on the field he was fair game.
If the guy with the ball is on the ground, he is “held” as soon as a defender puts a hand on him.

It’s probably a shit rule. But it’s the rule.

forby

Juniors
Fair play to Sutton there, that was as good a call live as you could hope to see.
One of his better ones in the second half. A lot of the others were nearly ‘game management’. There were numerous times he should have given set restarts to Penrith as it was obvious that the Roosters were deliberately slowing the play the ball as they couldn’t handle the quick play the balls. There were also multiple times the Roosters were a long way off side but not called, but then the Roosters get one after a bailed play the ball. There were a couple of lifting tackles not called as well.