What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R1 Thu - Eels 8-2 Bulldogs @ Bankwest

Round 1: Eels v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King hit

Coach
Time to move on. Too old for me, we need to think 2-3 years down the track and we won't get a better chance this year without two games in NSW
He isn't that old he is only 30 and if you ask me if you're good enough go for it

lockyno1

Post Whore
He isn't that old he is only 30 and if you ask me if you're good enough go for it

I'd rather look for the long term one, years ago we gave Cameron Smith a go....we have tried these stop gaps the last 2 years. They aren't the answer. It's a personal preference, personally he's good enough to play now. Would give our attack which is a bit lacklusture in the halves something different around the ruck too.

betcats

Referee
Nice to the season open with a soccer score. The defensive slog the game has become is shit, I barely enjoy the footy anymore.

Game was gritty and had great intensity, but it was as boring as hell to watch. Neither team looked like they knew what to do with the ball. Further it amazes me how players have seemingly forgotten the simple art of the 'draw and pass". Numerous times both teams had half gaps on the flanks where the centres just needed to draw and pass to their winger but just refused to do it, they either went themselves, passed back inside, or ran their winger out of room by running diagonally and then giving it to the winger.

Also Mitchell Moses. Really that's the best you got? Didn't run the ball much, just stood back and shovelled the ball.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The defence was good because the attack was p**s poor from both sides
No the defence was good because both teams got off their line quickly and scrambled well. Parra's a dangerous attacking side, scoring heaps of points last year. The Dogs ground out quite a few wins with their defence late in the season and I reckon they'll do likewise early this year.

I agree the attack was bad, but strong defence was a significant factor.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Game was gritty and had great intensity, but it was as boring as hell to watch. Neither team looked like they knew what to do with the ball. Further it amazes me how players have seemingly forgotten the simple art of the 'draw and pass". Numerous times both teams had half gaps on the flanks where the centres just needed to draw and pass to their winger but just refused to do it, they either went themselves, passed back inside, or ran their winger out of room by running diagonally and then giving it to the winger.

Also Mitchell Moses. Really that's the best you got? Didn't run the ball much, just stood back and shovelled the ball.
There's no point having the halfback run the ball when there's no gaps in front of him. That's called a hit up, and for a player under 90kg it would just lead to a slow play the ball.

Latest posts