What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R1 Thu - Eels 8-2 Bulldogs @ Bankwest

Round 1: Eels v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eelementary

Post Whore
Bulldogs' attack was rubbish, but we scrambled brilliantly, imo.

We are a long way off the class, and professionalism, of the Storm, Roosters, Sea Eagles, etc. - but this was a good start.

Imo, we never looked like losing this game.

Even if it was awful to watch.

Think a few are being harsh on Lewis. His long kicking game was great I thought. Rusty in attack but it is round 1 and they also had to deal with the fallout from Port Macquarie.. The whole dogs team really put in effort and will be better for the run.

of either side tonight I’d be far more worried if I was an Eels fan than a Dogs fan.

what a shit game, any team other than parra woulda put 50 on the dogs.... joe stimson putting his hand up early for worst buy of the year

lockyno1

Post Whore
Jake Friend really deserves a go this year. Been a terrific and respected player for a long time. If Andrew McCullogh can play a full series I can't see why Friend can't.

Time to move on. Too old for me, we need to think 2-3 years down the track and we won't get a better chance this year without two games in NSW

Eelementary

Post Whore
Think a few are being harsh on Lewis. His long kicking game was great I thought. Rusty in attack but it is round 1 and they also had to deal with the fallout from Port Macquarie.. The whole dogs team really put in effort and will be better for the run.

of either side tonight I’d be far more worried if I was an Eels fan than a Dogs fan.

I'm not worried:

* Waqa Blake missed plenty of footy last year

* Matterson, and RCG, are new to the squad

* Dylan Brown is still a rookie

Attack comes with time, and combinations developing.

Buy like Cooper Cronk said, defence is an attitude, and we had it in spades tonight.

I'm not worried:

* Waqa Blake missed plenty of footy last year

* Matterson, and RCG, are new to the squad

* Dylan Brown is still a rookie

Attack comes with time, and combinations developing.

Buy like Cooper Cronk said, defence is an attitude, and we had it in spades tonight.

Happy for you there, not confident in my mob but anyway I think there was more upside to the dogs performance than the Eels given everything.

But the eels lead the comp! Well done!

PS did Clunt Githerson go to the Shane Watson School of reviews?