What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R16 Sat - Panthers 30-6 Wests Tigers @ Panthers

Round 16: Panthers v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pantherjim.

Referee
There’s the smug again, most fans would just love to win one, you guys have the next 8 in the bag and are complaining about the make up of premiership winning teams.

How is it “smug” to have pride in a premiership victory with a team of locally produced talent?

You mean to say you’re not proud or in awe of players like Cronin, Grothe, Stirling, Wynn, Price etc?

Blues Riff

Bench
There’s the smug again, most fans would just love to win one, you guys have the next 8 in the bag and are complaining about the make up of premiership winning teams.
We don't give a rat's arse about the make-up of other teams. We are simply defending our teams right to enjoy their achievements so far. Dealing with bitter little trolls like yourself is all part of it ,I guess.

The_Frog

First Grade
How is it “smug” to have pride in a premiership victory with a team of locally produced talent?

You mean to say you’re not proud or in awe of players like Cronin, Grothe, Stirling, Wynn, Price etc?
Cronin, Sterling, Wynn and Price were all imports anyway. Grothe, Kenny and Zip were local products.

soc123_au

Staff member
The way the media are licking the panthers and Cleary's boots is pretty sickening. The post game press conference was an embarrassment to journalism. Even the questions asked to Maguire were basically, "Penrith are amazing, how good are they?"
Even I can admit that was pretty cringeworthy. Madge handled it well though.

Never fear, we wont get much media love this week. The return of the greatest athlete & human to grace the NRL is upon us. I hope we get another voice over.....

Pantherjim.

Referee
Good grief PJ, you are the one that just brought 4C in here.

I'm confident the vast majority of roosters fans would agree with what I'm saying.

Lol! A big -10 on the supriseometer there.

I mean after all, you support a team who’s animal mascot is a flightless, brainless bird only fit for human food consumption and who represents an area of Sydney who’s population currently consists of inner city yuppies and international students who couldn’t give a shit about Rugby League.

Matter of fact, I haven’t found many chooks supporters living further east of Toongabbie, so I absolutely get why pride in junior development is not something you prize and buying talent doesn’t faze any of you.

I’m even reasonably confident that the NRL probably turn a blind eye to you being over the cap to attract players such as Tedesco and being able to comfortably afford both Morrison twins.

Probably the same with the Storm as well.

If your supporter base is comfortable with that, good luck to them, but if this is also going to be a common trend with other teams including ours, it’s something that I’d rather not be a part of.

SDM

First Grade

In Round 16 it is the definition of smug.

Valheru

Coach
Lol! A big -10 on the supriseometer there.

I mean after all, you support a team who’s animal mascot is a flightless, brainless bird only fit for human food consumption and who represents an area of Sydney who’s population currently consists of inner city yuppies and international students who couldn’t give a shit about Rugby League.

Matter of fact, I haven’t found many chooks supporters living further east of Toongabbie, so I absolutely get why pride in junior development is not something you prize and buying talent doesn’t faze any of you.

I’m even reasonably confident that the NRL probably turn a blind eye to you being over the cap to attract players such as Tedesco and being able to comfortably afford both Morrison twins.

Probably the same with the Storm as well.

If your supporter base is comfortable with that, good luck to them, but if this is also going to be a common trend with other teams including ours, it’s something that I’d rather not be a part of.

Wow

7/10 meltdown.

The only thing I will address is junior development as the rest is just noise.

The roosters do the best they can with the limited clubs they have and put a tonne of money in to youth development. I am unfazed by the team being made up of juniors because it is clearly a model that doesn't work.

Valheru

Coach
For the average person following an NRL team it does unless you follow the NRL for professional gambling purposes.

What?

You are claiming penrith is a more passionate club than the roosters.

I am saying if that is true then passion does not lead to sustained success.

franklin2323

Immortal
Even I can admit that was pretty cringeworthy. Madge handled it well though.

Never fear, we wont get much media love this week. The return of the greatest athlete & human to grace the NRL is upon us. I hope we get another voice over.....

There is one... I heard it last night

Pantherjim.

Referee
Wow

7/10 meltdown.

The only thing I will address is junior development as the rest is just noise.

The roosters do the best they can with the limited clubs they have and put a tonne of money in to youth development. I am unfazed by the team being made up of juniors because it is clearly a model that doesn't work.

No, not a meltdown, just facts.

Pantherjim.

Referee
What?

You are claiming penrith is a more passionate club than the roosters.

I am saying if that is true then passion does not lead to sustained success.

We are a more passionate club than the Roosters.

When you support a leagues club, you’re with them in the good times and bad. Top of the table or cellar dwellers, it shouldn’t matter. It makes those moments when you’re at the top of the table and winning premierships, all that much sweeter.

That’s what passion and pride in your club is all about.

That one was fine.

The celebration after the last try was ridiculous. Those should be reserved for game winning tries in preliminary finals not a late try to further blow out the scoreline against a bottom 8 team.

I normally like your comments @Valheru, but come on mate. This one’s a little ludicrous. You’re telling me that try scorers should keep a lid on celebrating a try unless you’re in the finals?!?

Valheru

Coach
I normally like your comments @Valheru, but come on mate. This one’s a little ludicrous. You’re telling me that try scorers should keep a lid on celebrating a try unless you’re in the finals?!?

No not at all.

Perhaps it was just because of who scored like others have said.

If I was a fan I would juat like to see a little more humility than I did last night. Maybe it will work for you guys though.

Pantherjim.

Referee
No not at all.

Perhaps it was just because of who scored like others have said.

If I was a fan I would juat like to see a little more humility than I did last night. Maybe it will work for you guys though.

It sure beats “weighing up the financial pros and cons of renewing Tedesco’s contract and for how long?” once he comes near to being on the market.