What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R18 Fri - Panthers 20-2 Eels @ Panthers

Round 18: Panthers v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
The team tried hard, they have tried hard all year. But our attack is rubbish and has been for the last two months. He keeps dribbling about defence and he's no worried about attack. 3 weeks out from the finals he should be worried. He's a potato.
Be that as it may, but you are in the finals. Preparation will be the key so you never know. I don't expect to get to the GF with our attack, as it really needs that final polish. Just have to wait and see.

Bazal

Post Whore
How is someone called “King” without playing for State, Country or winning anything of note?

Does this bloke have a Guinness book of record that I don’t know about?
Looks like Elvis. Kind of,
King of f**k All
merkin does f**k all really

This has been discussed like 400 times but the nickname comes from the way he single handedly carried us in some pretty shit years with sheer guts and fitness and because he is pretty much second to none when it comes to generosity with the fans....

Of course smooth brains on the internet only care about your contributions if you play Origin or whatever.

The_Frog

First Grade
This has been discussed like 400 times but the nickname comes from the way he single handedly carried us in some pretty shit years with sheer guts and fitness and because he is pretty much second to none when it comes to generosity with the fans....
He does look a bit like Elvis all the same.

Old tiger 79

Juniors

Of course smooth brains on the internet only care about your contributions if you play Origin or whatever.
You have to kidding yourself mate. King??? Lol

franklin2323

Immortal
You are not wrong. The 2003/2004 Panthers would rip this 2020 a new one, yet the 2020 side holds the club record for successive wins by a mile.

Pretty much this. The records and results are good but it is a very ordinary standard comp. normally you take 4-5 players out of any team means a loss.

Not this year. The top 5 beat the bottom 5 regardless of who takes the field

pantherz9103

First Grade
You are not wrong. The 2003/2004 Panthers would rip this 2020 a new one, yet the 2020 side holds the club record for successive wins by a mile.

The 2003/04 team scored plenty but also leaked plenty of points. This side is probably less fluent and attractive in attack but has been much stronger defensively The comp may arguably be weaker now which may make it easier for a top side to win more games but I remember back in 2003/04 people complaining about the gap between the top and bottom teams as well, so this is nothing new.

I'd actually say the Panthers of 2020 biggest strengths are their ability to consistently dominate the possession and territory of a match, the game management of the halves and our superior fitness. That's why we can squander so many chances like the other night and in other weeks and still look comfortable, because we play most of the game down the opposition team's end.

Valheru

Coach
Pretty much this. The records and results are good but it is a very ordinary standard comp. normally you take 4-5 players out of any team means a loss.

Not this year. The top 5 beat the bottom 5 regardless of who takes the field

By my count, the current top 8 is a combined 66-10 against the bottom 8 so far this season.

Not sure how other seasons compare but that seems a very high win rate to me.

franklin2323

Immortal
By my count, the current top 8 is a combined 66-10 against the bottom 8 so far this season.

Not sure how other seasons compare but that seems a very high win rate to me.

Agreed. A few factors involved but very poor standard across the board

myrrh ken

First Grade
The year Ghoul'd said it, we finished third. Yet still won it.

I'm pretty sure he said it during the regular season.

Anyway you can only play what's in front of you.

Latest posts