What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R3 Sun - Panthers 14-14 Knights @ Campbelltown

Round 3: Panthers v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ponga out, Brailey out, Barnett out, Fitzgibbon out, Pearce out 5 minutes in, Watson out just after, Glasby HIA, 3 players on debut, down by 14 points with a side full of kids....

Newcastle were entitled to lose by 50+ (and last year, would have) but claw their way to a draw, very nearly winning if not for a poor pass from an exhausted 18 year old kid who scored 2 tries and played tough as Hell.

It shows that heart and passion will always count for more than reputation and ego. An all time great performance.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Panthers and Knights can't be separated in thrilling draw
Hamish Parker | May 31 2020 6:21PM

The Penrith Panthers and Newcastle Knights have played out a full 90 minute, 14-all draw in what was no doubt a fitness test for both sides following the NRL's season restart this week. A thrilling game that had a bit of everything and showed us what we've all been missing these past two months.

Penrith jumped out of the blocks early in the game as they took full advantage of a shaken Newcastle lineup. Villiame Kikau burst over the line in the 18th minute on a Knights edge that was already missing Mitchell Pearce due to a head injury earlier in the match. Kikau and young-gun Stephen Crichton were making for a dynamic edge pair as they looked dangerous throughout the entire contest. Shortly after the first try, the Panthers scored again in the 22nd minute through Kurt Capewell, who was able to break the line and plant the ball over for his first try in Penrith colours. The former Shark also earned his team a possible 8-point try after Edrick Lee was found to have led with his knees in the tackle attempting to prevent Capewell from scoring. Crichton took full advantage and kicked both goals and blew the scoreline out to 14-0 in Penrith's favour.

FULL REPORT - https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34592-panthers-v-knights-report/

This Year?

Immortal
Kurt Mann is our lickety spit and I won’t hear a bad word about him. If he were to go out west and captain the new Mudgee NRL Superclub well then you’d just end up as another pickle in the lollyjar.

Addendum, Tex Hoy needs to start next week at prop.
I miss that redneck and that greenneck.

gordynz

Juniors
Yeah. I’d have to assume so. You don’t make NRL at that age without showing something in the juniors.

In saying that, missing 5 fgs in a clutch game is the sort of thing that can cripple a young half. Hopefully he bounces back.
I feel super bad for the kid because you can tell hes talented and he hit all five of those attempts pretty well. I hope he bounces back

GongPanther

Referee
That point could be a huge gain for Newcastle and a huge deficit for Penrith in the final season standings...
Loads of improvement attitude wise for our side. For Newcastle, I bet they are chomping at the bit for next weekend. A great year ahead for them.

Newcastle will be there at season's end going by that performance. As for us, during SOO if Cleary is missing, we will be found wanting and rudderless again.

Reflector

Juniors
Loads of improvement attitude wise for our side. For Newcastle, I bet they are chomping at the bit for next weekend. A great year ahead for them.

Newcastle will be there at season's end going by that performance. As for us, during SOO if Cleary is missing, we will be found wanting and rudderless again.

Knights looked like a top 6 certainty last season and then post-Origin it all went to shit. They had the squad but there was something going on behind the scenes that caused morale to implode. Somebody closer to the inner-sanctum of the club might be able to shed more light on this?

blue bags

First Grade

origin played after GRAND final this year ,
just no more tiktok videos thanks:)

blue bags

First Grade
Knights looked like a top 6 certainty last season and then post-Origin it all went to shit. They had the squad but there was something going on behind the scenes that caused morale to implode. Somebody closer to the inner-sanctum of the club might be able to shed more light on this?
ponga contract issues maybe

The_Frog

First Grade
I can't shed light on it, but they clearly blamed it on the coach, as is customary. Maybe they were right but they did look like world beaters for a time last year, after starting with 1 from 6. Remember well the hiding they gave the Roosters, then Souths, then they hit the wall. There's a very good side in there, sooner or later it will come out, like the Raiders.

Latest posts