What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R4 Sat - Eels 19-16 Sea Eagles @ Bankwest

Round 4: Eels v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
my argument isn’t about a legitimate pass or not... it’s that the ball went forward... it did. Simple as that.

The harder thing is for a ref to rule backwards out of the hands or not - and that Tom got hit after releasing the ball - it emphasised where the ball travelled from and to.

It’s a tough call for a ref to make. But they made it.

The ball goes forward almost every long pass. Think about it. The support player is running right so he is going to run past where the ball was originally passed. Players would have to stop to take a pass on a line break if the ball had to end up backwards from where it was passed

T-Boon

Coach
my argument isn’t about a legitimate pass or not... it’s that the ball went forward... it did. Simple as that.

The harder thing is for a ref to rule backwards out of the hands or not - and that Tom got hit after releasing the ball - it emphasised where the ball travelled from and to.

It’s a tough call for a ref to make. But they made it.

Yep. Tough but fair.
I maintain if you throw a pass that gets caught 2 metres in front of you you are asking for trouble. Just throw it so it doesn't travel forward and we aren't having this conversation.
They have the whole field behind them to play with and they want to flirt with danger by playing flat. Manly plays flater than most.

SBD82

Coach
???

I'm not sure why you're so annoyed tbh but my apologies. You've been here a long time, I'm sure you've dealt with worse posters than me lol. I'm not here for any bad vibes. Maybe blocking me would be easier? Peace
Sigh. You’re right. You just caught me on a bad day.

Sorry.

Also. f**k you for being the better man. Made me feel like a proper jerk.

The ball goes forward almost every long pass. Think about it. The support player is running right so he is going to run past where the ball was originally passed. Players would have to stop to take a pass on a line break if the ball had to end up backwards from where it was passed

I totally agree... you said that in a post before...

Im not arguing that the pass was legal or not. Read what I said again if you can be bothered. I’m saying the ball travelled forward. That can happen if a pass is legit (with momentum) or not.

The refs made a call and I trust them. It’s tough to make that call in real time - and without the ability to go to the video ref to rule on.

The_Frog

First Grade
What’s physics got to do with simple geometry...

Ball released 21m out, ball caught on 20m line.

In what universe do you live in where that ball doesn’t go forward...

Doesn’t matter if it’s “backwards out of the hands” or not....
This should be the rule, but it's not.

I understand the rule completely. You have misinterpreted what I’ve said.

Lol. I haven't. It just has nothing to do with the application of the rule given the way it is written.

If the refs cannot follow it because of its difficulty in making judgement, either get technology to help or change the rule. Simple. Happens far too often unfortunately.

GongPanther

Referee
Lol, the classic pass backwards out of the hand gets called forward

Just f**king bin the rule in that case. They almost never go by it in those situations. The only pass safe in that situation is a spiral
There was a camera angle the bunker could have used, but for some reason, some rulings such as forward passes can't be checked. So why have it in the first place when some other ruling can be disputed, which could lead to a last minute win?