What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R5 Thu - Sea Eagles 20-18 Broncos @ Central Coast

Round 5: Sea Eagles v Broncos

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gerg

Juniors
Oh so we are changing the subject and ignoring the 12-2 penalty count now are we?

Okay so which of the 12 shouldn't have been penalties? You raised the stripping one but Klein clearly called held and the next moment he strips the ball. It wasn't simultaneous. And that makes it a penalty. So you step us through which of the 12 you have a problem with.

Nerd

Bench
Okay so which of the 12 shouldn't have been penalties? You raised the stripping one but Klein clearly called held and the next moment he strips the ball. It wasn't simultaneous. And that makes it a penalty. So you step us through which of the 12 you have a problem with.
You seem to have this arse about. My problem in the lopsided penalty count isn't that we had 12 penalties against us (besides the stripping one which we disagree on) but that Klein could find 10 infringements in a row from the Broncos from about the 20 minute mark on while Manly apparently played the perfect game with zero infringements. That's not normal no matter how much you may hate the Broncos.

gerg

Juniors
You seem to have this arse about. My problem in the lopsided penalty count isn't that we had 12 penalties against us (besides the stripping one which we disagree on) but that Klein could find 10 infringements in a row from the Broncos from about the 20 minute mark on while Manly apparently played the perfect game with zero infringements. That's not normal no matter how much you may hate the Broncos.

Manly must have had 60 to 70 percent of possession in the second half and Brisbane was fatigued and gave away silly penalties. It is hard to give away penalties when you have the majority of the ball and conversely easy to give them away when constantly defending. It is not uncommon for an inexperienced side to give away penalties under fatigue. Secondly i applaud the referee for not squaring up the penalty count, like years gone by, just to please fans that expect parity in that area - for absolutely no reason.

You don't want to look more closely at those 12 penalties because none of them were unwarranted. We could disagree on them but none of them were howlers. Like I stated earlier I thought the DCE milking was incorrect and the 40/20 one probably missed but none of the penalty decisions were howlers.

Manlys indiscretions were possibly ruck related and instead of being penalised were 6 agains. I can't find the number of 6 agains called. Maybe an experienced side like Manly and more craftily coached side has already picked up on areas of manipulation and they weren't doing dumb plays. They were better at pushing the grey areas whereas the young Broncos were the bull at the gate pushing the boundaries too far - for example Lodge constantly making high tackles, game after game. The referee cannot ignore those types of infringements.

Nerd

Bench
Manly must have had 60 to 70 percent of possession in the second half and Brisbane was fatigued and gave away silly penalties. It is hard to give away penalties when you have the majority of the ball and conversely easy to give them away when constantly defending. It is not uncommon for an inexperienced side to give away penalties under fatigue. Secondly i applaud the referee for not squaring up the penalty count, like years gone by, just to please fans that expect parity in that area - for absolutely no reason.

You don't want to look more closely at those 12 penalties because none of them were unwarranted. We could disagree on them but none of them were howlers. Like I stated earlier I thought the DCE milking was incorrect and the 40/20 one probably missed but none of the penalty decisions were howlers.

Manlys indiscretions were possibly ruck related and instead of being penalised were 6 agains. I can't find the number of 6 agains called. Maybe an experienced side like Manly and more craftily coached side has already picked up on areas of manipulation and they weren't doing dumb plays. They were better at pushing the grey areas whereas the young Broncos were the bull at the gate pushing the boundaries too far - for example Lodge constantly making high tackles, game after game. The referee cannot ignore those types of infringements.
If you had read my previous comment you would notice that I was only against the stripping ruling not the other penalties. Some of those penalties were just plain stupid like the Coates one and the Staggs one which is just a lack of experience. Nobody wants the refs to square up a penalty count at the end of a game and is one of my pet hates. My beef is that Manly could get 10 penalties in a row from about the 20 minute mark and their opposition none. Doesn't matter though Manly get the bickies and we get to kick cans for another week. The only positive that I can take out of it is that our defense and ball control has vastly improved from the last 2 weeks and hopefully the younger players can learn from their silly mistakes.