What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R9 Sun - Knights 4-10 Eels @ McDonald Jones

Round 9: Knights v Eels

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eelementary

Post Whore
That was easily Parra's worst game in 2020 and they still won at a ground they don't often win it.

Enjoy it lads.

Yeah, it wasn't easy watching - but I'm very pleased with our attitude in defence.

The great teams all learn to "win ugly", and that's exactly what we did tonight.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Tigers fans don't seem to believe it but you didn't miss much.

Stefano is quality when the other forwards set him up. Yet to do much else at NSW cup level except go missing when it's tough. Wasn't the game for him and I guess that's why BA left him off.

Meh, Eels fans told us Twal was going to be shit too

Bazal

Post Whore
that’s true, but does that mean it isn’t a penalty? If he is offside, he’s offside, regardless of who is disadvantaged

Sure, if it was an offside situation and they ruled offside.

They ruled obstruction and the only person he obstructed was Gutho. And the restart was challenged, not 15 mins of play prior. Irrelevant, but bizarre.

nöyd

Staff member
Tex Hoy, future superstar

RXjkJn.gif

Silent Knight

First Grade
That was a grind- reminiscent of a game from the 80's. Parra's completions were off- some really stupid and clumsy dropped balls that stopped them really getting momentum, but again their defence is what helped them notch another win in a hostile environment.

Meanwhile the Knights have scored just a single try in their last 120 minutes of football- and they were lucky to hold on against a depleted but spirited Manly side last weekend. They had their starting spine out there this afternoon, too- and just a single try for all that? I'm convinced Pearce is the player equivalent of Nathan Brown: he was the guy with the experience to help the Knights rebuild from their 2014-17 shit show, but he's not going to take them any further than where they are now. Today should've been his game to really make a statement but yet again he fell short.

At this rate I'd say it'll take a cruel injury crisis or a memorable choke for Parra not to make the GF. The Knights are fortunate that this year, the sides running 9-16 are mostly a shit-show. I'm not confident that in the finals, Newcastle could string together two quality performances in a row against good sides to advance further than a prelim.

Hey look in light of our past few seasons I’ll be chuffed if we win a semi final game. Anything else at this stage is a bonus.

Also grats Parra fans. It’s your premiership to lose and I don’t think we’ll be able to stand in your way this time around. You and Penrith carry the hopes of neutral fans because I don’t think anyone cares that much about the Roosters or Storm.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hey look in light of our past few seasons I’ll be chuffed if we win a semi final game. Anything else at this stage is a bonus.

Also grats Parra fans. It’s your premiership to lose and I don’t think we’ll be able to stand in your way this time around. You and Penrith carry the hopes of neutral fans because I don’t think anyone cares that much about the Roosters or Storm.

Thanks, mate - you're a class act.

And your team is tough as nails.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Both sides have been shit and so have the officials. The refereeing has been appalling again today.

And I don't mean against us. There have been massive head scratchers against both us and Newie.

Yep - the refs were awful to both sides.

Reflector

Juniors

I get that- Knights really should've made the finals last year but underachieved massively. If they keep their seasons' win-rate so far they'll probably do enough to finish 5th or 6th and from there anything can happen.

Definitely agree that I'm cautiously optimistic about a decider not featuring COVID-Cam or Uncle Nick's Chequebook Chooks. A "battle of the west" GF would be an amazing shot in the arm for the game after the season we've had so far. Bring it on!

Apey

Staff member
If Pearce and Ponga would get their act together we might actually score some points in the next few games.

Latest posts