What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Jac:

Storm wanted nofo and then jac wanted $800k

We couldn’t bend that far over without chronic indefinite injury.

Jimmys a talent. He might get on in our world better. Who knows, hope so.

He did a great job belting into Brisbane during the benny jig match.

Back whence the donks used to play rugby league.

Allen goes ok I think, just above stock. Beautiful positioning in attack in those finals. Got by.
Rightly so, it would have been suicide to swap out Nofo.

The Tigers may still end up with JAC.
I Doubt he's gonna get 800K, 600K is more reasonable.
Not being a s### stirrer, but JAC is destined to be a Rabbitoh, he's a LaPerouse Panther junior, my info from people who live there is that that's where JAC want to go back to. But if Wayne doesn't want him, it won't happen.

Best wishes to Jimmy the Jet, hopefully he can make a comeback, depression is a terrible thing to suffer from. He needs a strict routine and purpose laid out for him. Madge is the right coach to do this, but apparently Jimmy wants to get away from the Sydney influences.

Best of luck to him, and best of luck to your team, I wanna see them turn it around.

Rightly so, it would have been suicide to swap out Nofo.

The Tigers may still end up with JAC.
I Doubt he's gonna get 800K, 600K is more reasonable.
Not being a s### stirrer, but JAC is destined to be a Rabbitoh, he's a LaPerouse Panther junior, my info from people who live there is that that's where JAC want to go back to. But if Wayne doesn't want him, it won't happen.

Best wishes to Jimmy the Jet, hopefully he can make a comeback, depression is a terrible thing to suffer from. He needs a strict routine and purpose laid out for him. Madge is the right coach to do this, but apparently Jimmy wants to get away from the Sydney influences.

Best of luck to him, and best of luck to your team, I wanna see them turn it around.

I have no worries if jac wears the red and the green one day.

We have a number of vacancies to fill over the next few years, not just a super-strike winger.

To my mind, signing a Mansour, a Roberts and a small deposit on a Corey Allen is much better value when you are building.

tbh there’s a flood of talented players coming to market in line with our books clearing in 22, 23 etc. We will get some that we want but not others.

On that link you posted earlier today, there’s a link to another story about our Richo equivalent Hartigan which is a fantastic read. As you know, he is ex roosters and helped deliver them a premiership.

Recruitment is real art form.

You have killer halves.

And Madge gave cody his start (I had to throw that in!!

So despite the lapses this year, mid table ( or just below)next year the club should improve rapidly thereafter if we stay composed.

thanks.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Latrell Mitchell gets ready for fresh round of talks
South Sydney are bullish about Latrell Mitchell being ready for 2021.

Paul Crawley, Michael Carayannis, Peter Badel & Fatima Kdouh , News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Source: Daily Telegraph
November 13, 2020 7:42pm

It’s the photo that should put a smile on the face of every South Sydney fan as Latrell Mitchell’s management gets ready for another round of contract talks.

After three months with no footy, Mitchell was not only in good spirits when he turned up on his day off for the Rabbitohs’ NAIDOC event this week.

But he also looked to be in terrific shape as he recovers from that shocking hamstring injury that cut short his season just when his form at fullback was really starting to take off.

Already back doing light running and way ahead of schedule, Mitchell has been travelling down from Taree to Sydney for three days of intense rehab each week before returning home to enjoy time on his farm.

And while Mitchell’s manager Matt Rose is expected to catch up with club chief executive Blake Solly next week to continue conversations about extending his stay at Souths, right now the main focus for the man himself is just getting himself ready for the 2021 NRL season.

If all continues to go to plan, Latrell is due back at the start of December to work with the rehab group full-time.

The aim is to have him ready to join the main group when the senior players and Origin stars return along with Wayne Bennett in early January.

Souths insiders say Latrell has been really diligent with his rehab during his time in Sydney and his attitude can’t be faulted.

And he certainly doesn’t look to be carrying anywhere near the weight he was when he first arrived at the club.

If he can be back in full training come January, he should be right to go for the start of the comp.

Latrell copped plenty for the way he handled his exit from the Roosters but he has done nothing but impress since his arrival at the Rabbitohs.

Turning up on his day off to attend the club’s NAIDOC event was just another example of his willingness to help out.

Rose said given Latrell has a contract in place for 2021 there was no rush to get anything sorted out immediately on his long term future.

“This time he just wants to take his time and talk through it with Souths,” Rose said, and given the commotion that surrounded him last year that’s understandable.

“But the main thing for him right now is just having a bit of a rest and working on his rehab.”

Souths will have a group of the younger players back on Monday to kick start the pre-season with a testing week.

That will be followed by more players returning on November 30, others on December 7, and the senior group after the Christmas/New Year break.

Meanwhile, Cameron Murray also hopes to be ready for pre-season by January with an expected six-to-eight week recovery for his hamstring injury suffered in the Origin opener in Adelaide.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Jac:

Storm wanted nofo and then jac wanted $800k

We couldn’t bend that far over without chronic indefinite injury.

Jimmys a talent. He might get on in our world better. Who knows, hope so.

He did a great job belting into Brisbane during the benny jig match.

Back whence the donks used to play rugby league.

Allen goes ok I think, just above stock. Beautiful positioning in attack in those finals. Got by.
Madge is a disciplinarian, sorry mate I can’t see them seeing eye to eye.

I really hope I’m wrong though as I’d love to see Jet carving it up again.

Re Addo your management did the right thing, letting Nofo go and paying Addo 800k would’ve been stupidity.

I am hearing Aloiai might go to Manly 22 onwards though, that’d be a big loss for you guys.

Madge is a disciplinarian, sorry mate I can’t see them seeing eye to eye.

I really hope I’m wrong though as I’d love to see Jet carving it up again.

Re Addo your management did the right thing, letting Nofo go and paying Addo 800k would’ve been stupidity.

I am hearing Aloiai might go to Manly 22 onwards though, that’d be a big loss for you guys.

Allo wants a long term contract.

A lot of players are feeling the heat at the moment as we are out there chatting to everyone but the dog down the road.

Madge has also introduced very high standards in training and performance and their was a dressing room stand off last year ( the Tiger players liberation army). Most of the fans are behind Madge. If the players were giving their best, we’d be more tolerant.

Allo is good but had a bit of a soft season by his standards. He is an outstanding forward when he wants to be. Luciano is looking ominous. Very exciting back end of 2020. There was a lot of cheer about that.

Cameron Murray is just one of those classical forwards. Plus I get the feeling, he’s really just warming up. He’s a genuine freak, gifted.

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
Latrell Mitchell gets ready for fresh round of talks
South Sydney are bullish about Latrell Mitchell being ready for 2021.

Paul Crawley, Michael Carayannis, Peter Badel & Fatima Kdouh , News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Source: Daily Telegraph
November 13, 2020 7:42pm

It’s the photo that should put a smile on the face of every South Sydney fan as Latrell Mitchell’s management gets ready for another round of contract talks.

After three months with no footy, Mitchell was not only in good spirits when he turned up on his day off for the Rabbitohs’ NAIDOC event this week.

But he also looked to be in terrific shape as he recovers from that shocking hamstring injury that cut short his season just when his form at fullback was really starting to take off.

Already back doing light running and way ahead of schedule, Mitchell has been travelling down from Taree to Sydney for three days of intense rehab each week before returning home to enjoy time on his farm.

And while Mitchell’s manager Matt Rose is expected to catch up with club chief executive Blake Solly next week to continue conversations about extending his stay at Souths, right now the main focus for the man himself is just getting himself ready for the 2021 NRL season.

If all continues to go to plan, Latrell is due back at the start of December to work with the rehab group full-time.

The aim is to have him ready to join the main group when the senior players and Origin stars return along with Wayne Bennett in early January.

Souths insiders say Latrell has been really diligent with his rehab during his time in Sydney and his attitude can’t be faulted.

And he certainly doesn’t look to be carrying anywhere near the weight he was when he first arrived at the club.

If he can be back in full training come January, he should be right to go for the start of the comp.

Latrell copped plenty for the way he handled his exit from the Roosters but he has done nothing but impress since his arrival at the Rabbitohs.

Turning up on his day off to attend the club’s NAIDOC event was just another example of his willingness to help out.

Rose said given Latrell has a contract in place for 2021 there was no rush to get anything sorted out immediately on his long term future.

“This time he just wants to take his time and talk through it with Souths,” Rose said, and given the commotion that surrounded him last year that’s understandable.

“But the main thing for him right now is just having a bit of a rest and working on his rehab.”

Souths will have a group of the younger players back on Monday to kick start the pre-season with a testing week.

That will be followed by more players returning on November 30, others on December 7, and the senior group after the Christmas/New Year break.

Meanwhile, Cameron Murray also hopes to be ready for pre-season by January with an expected six-to-eight week recovery for his hamstring injury suffered in the Origin opener in Adelaide.
That is music to my ears, fantastic stuff from Latrell!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
That is music to my ears, fantastic stuff from Latrell!!!
Latrell Mitchell is cashing in...big time!
@BuzzRothfield
looks at the South Sydney star's monster extension in this week's highs and lows: https://bit.ly/36EASHo

Buzz’s highlights, lowlights: Latrell Mitchell’s contract details revealed
Phil Rothfield, News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
November 15, 2020 7:00pm
Subscriber only

SHOOSH

The Rabbitohs are expected to announce the signing of superstar Latrell Mitchell on a $2.5 million three-year contract before the end of the week.

callmack1

Staff member
Rivals chase Storm star; Suaalii faces two-year hiatus for Chooks move - Transfer Whispers: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/7198bf1e79f8465d38e318f7e54698de

Teen sensation Suaalii facing prospect of two years without a game of Footy: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/te...-without-a-game-of-footy-20201114-p56eku.html

Good, Suaalii can get f**ked!!

@BuzzRothfield
looks at the South Sydney star's monster extension in this week's highs and lows: https://bit.ly/36EASHo

Subscriber only

SHOOSH

The Rabbitohs are expected to announce the signing of superstar Latrell Mitchell on a $2.5 million three-year contract before the end of the week.
Bloody fantastic news!! I'm excited!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rivals chase Storm star; Suaalii faces two-year hiatus for Chooks move - Transfer Whispers: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/7198bf1e79f8465d38e318f7e54698de

Teen sensation Suaalii facing prospect of two years without a game of Footy: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/te...-without-a-game-of-footy-20201114-p56eku.html

Good, Suaalii can get f**ked!!

Bloody fantastic news!! I'm excited!
I also hope the club stay strong on this Suaali thing let’s not give the Roosters an inch. Let’s waste a year before they get him lol....

Just on Latrell what are your thoughts @callmack1 on this deal 3 year extension at 2.5mil? I think it’s bang on.

Travitoh

First Grade
@BuzzRothfield

Subscriber only

SHOOSH

A little over what i would've liked but there is still room for value should he perform.

handyman2190

Bench

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
A little over what i would've liked but there is still room for value should he perform.
Its what we expected to pay. Also, remember Tigers offered a lot more and he knocked that back, he's getting a fraction more than he was getting at the Roosters, but we'll have him for 3 more years, so it worked out a good deal for us

Travitoh

First Grade
If I recall correctly Tommy T and Ponga are on 1-1.1mil so I think 830k a season from 22 onwards is about right for Latrell.
Its what we expected to pay. Also, remember Tigers offered a lot more and he knocked that back, he's getting a fraction more than he was getting at the Roosters, but we'll have him for 3 more years, so it worked out a good deal for us

Giving it some thought, i change my mind. Should Latrell succeed at FB, he could prove to be a steal at approx $850k for the 2024 season.

Latest posts