What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Travitoh

First Grade
Some very promising language used in the Arrow signing articles, just need it to be announced officially now.

Last edited:

Rabbit57

Juniors
just read that we signed jai arrow for 2021 onwards
does this mean we get Mitchell as a 2020 Xmas present??
Means that there is no doubt that we have the money for Latrell now. If that triggers a current player seeking opportunity elsewhere it gives us the money for Arrow now if Titans decide to release.
If he can’t get a release we sign a player like Mago for one year.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Starting to wonder if we'll even get any news either way before New Years.
Right on cue bro lol, just as you asked we got something lol.

Other rumours I’ve been reading too are that Latrell is signed but didn’t want it announced until early new year as he wants a break over this period from media scrutiny.

I also read a rumour elsewhere that on Latrell’s insta I think that he announced he and his partner are having a third baby and it’s gonna be a girl and apparently not one Easts player congratulated him on it, but many Souths players congratulated him, read into that what you will!

Also I read in the paper last week Latrell is on 700k for 2020 with Easts and if he they do agree to release him to us that means they have to pay 200k towards it, meaning imo that we could then just pay him 600k to make it up to 800k for 2020.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Means that there is no doubt that we have the money for Latrell now. If that triggers a current player seeking opportunity elsewhere it gives us the money for Arrow now if Titans decide to release.
If he can’t get a release we sign a player like Mago for one year.
Talk and rumours have been the club is working tirelessly to get Arrow here for 2020.

Rabbits20

Immortal
What have you been hearing @Peter Quinn re Latrell and Arrow?

Do you think both will be here in 2020, or just one of them?

Also who do you think we’d release?

My only negative re losing Gagai is he’s such a good winger and he’s very good at the shit work!

Peter Quinn

Juniors
What have you been hearing @Peter Quinn re Latrell and Arrow?

Do you think both will be here in 2020, or just one of them?

Also who do you think we’d release?

My only negative re losing Gagai is he’s such a good winger and he’s very good at the shit work!
Depending on funds available of course, I can see Latrell joining us soon. I don't know who will be released and that depends on the players as well. They are under no obligation to go as they are contracted to the club. But I think if they are asked to go, then maybe they will because who wants to stay at a club you are not wanted?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Depending on funds available of course, I can see Latrell joining us soon. I don't know who will be released and that depends on the players as well. They are under no obligation to go as they are contracted to the club. But I think if they are asked to go, then maybe they will because who wants to stay at a club you are not wanted?
I think you’ve nailed it Pete.

On another note around origin time I’m looking forward to us getting some game time into Josh Cook as well and I’m looking forward to watching him make the permanent step up to CC as well.

Unlike some other clubs I think we are fortunate in that we have a good bunch of kids there coming through our systems. It’s a testament to all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes!

callmack1

Staff member
Right on cue bro lol, just as you asked we got something lol.

Other rumours I’ve been reading too are that Latrell is signed but didn’t want it announced until early new year as he wants a break over this period from media scrutiny.

I also read a rumour elsewhere that on Latrell’s insta I think that he announced he and his partner are having a third baby and it’s gonna be a girl and apparently not one Easts player congratulated him on it, but many Souths players congratulated him, read into that what you will!

Also I read in the paper last week Latrell is on 700k for 2020 with Easts and if he they do agree to release him to us that means they have to pay 200k towards it, meaning imo that we could then just pay him 600k to make it up to 800k for 2020.
Haha yea the news came through literally minutes after I posted that haha.

I heard all that today too, hopefully it's true!

Talk and rumours have been the club is working tirelessly to get Arrow here for 2020.
We need to do absolutely everything we can to make it happen. God, I hope it does!!

Just out of curiosity if we have to pay a transfer fee to release Jai Arrow for next year does that go against the salary cap for next season.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it does?

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Haha yea the news came through literally minutes after I posted that haha.

I heard all that today too, hopefully it's true!

We need to do absolutely everything we can to make it happen. God, I hope it does!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it does?
It's official alright.

Travitoh

First Grade
I think you’ve nailed it Pete.

On another note around origin time I’m looking forward to us getting some game time into Josh Cook as well and I’m looking forward to watching him make the permanent step up to CC as well.

Unlike some other clubs I think we are fortunate in that we have a good bunch of kids there coming through our systems. It’s a testament to all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes!

The pathways that were put in place a couple of years ago will start reaping rewards soon. Exciting times indeed.

Latest posts