What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 SF 1 - Roosters 18-22 Raiders @ SCG

Finals Week 2: Roosters v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valheru

Coach
Bateman didnt complain because that's not his nature
It was absolutely clear it was a clean knock on, Raiders should have challenged it

I mean we got a bullshit penalty at the start of the game for a shot on Wighton after the kick and thereafter it was open f**king season on the guy getting taken out after the kick.

Point is calls went both ways, and the better team on the night won. Even Robbo agrees

I'm not disagreeing.

Just saying that they had a challenge on that incident and no one flinched on the call so they mustn't have been confident it would be overturned.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Should be very happy with your roosters. Went down fighting. That’s the f**king way Horatio,

Very happy with the Roosters, after the debacle against Souths a fortnight ago i was happy the way they went down fighting in the last two games especially when they got behind on the score board then put themselves in a position where they could have won the match but in the end they were beaten by better sides. I have followed this side through thick and thin, times when they were at the top and times when they were at the bottom, as i am older i have really enjoyed the Robbo era of the Roosters and glad i was around to witness it, we will be up and around there again next year, just time for some other side to earn the glory and bragging rights. There is no other team i would support than the Roosters.

Last edited:

BadnMean

Juniors
Never really had a reason or inclination to watch many of Robbo's post game interviews. But just watched his presser from last night and very impressed.

a) he actually speaks really well. Comes across as thoughtful, composed & genuine.

b) very classy bloke with a good perspective on the game.

GongPanther

Referee
That Nat Butcher prick should be cited for a very deliberate attempt to injure Papalii. There's no way that kind of merkinry should be tolerated in the NRL. If we've got hip drops or whatever the f**k they are called then twisting someone's lower leg around trying to snap it off deserves a suspension too.
There was a spicy chicken wing in last night's match. Nothing about charges on the NRL site, so far.

Never really had a reason or inclination to watch many of Robbo's post game interviews. But just watched his presser from last night and very impressed.

a) he actually speaks really well. Comes across as thoughtful, composed & genuine.

b) very classy bloke with a good perspective on the game.

Sometimes he loses his head in the box and carries on like a pork chop, but in a reflect full moment at a press conference, he has very few peers and he’s compulsory viewing.

He’s one of the few coaches that doesn’t belt on endlessly excusing himself. He doesn’t assume we are all mindless flogs.

I’m a bit smug about my roosters assessment for 2020 because coach Nathan Brown was agreeing with me today on radio that Rads was a monster loss.

They have a side badly handicapped by:

Old legs- Jwh, morrises, sbw,

Inexperience: Flanagan et al

Perpetual head knocks: Royd and Keary.

The law of averages threatening teddy ( ie can’t be brilliant every game like Gutho)

Verills is a wonderful player, terrible loss.

Players like Crichton fading away.

Just about everyone in the side is injured or has chronic niggles.

I’m not a rooster fancier, but they died on their feet.

Robbo still said “ not good enough”, he has amazingly high standards.

They should never had made the 8. Brave side, very well coached.

Much more heart in this side than the last two years and I admired their courage. It’s the most respectful of the finals losses by far. A credit to all involved.

On a more suspect note, Mark Geyer and I share some thoughts on Souths. That’s ok I guess lol.

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach
Sometimes he loses his head in the box and carries on like a pork chop, but in a reflect full moment at a press conference, he has very few peers and he’s compulsory viewing.

He’s one of the few coaches that doesn’t belt on endlessly excusing himself. He doesn’t assume we are all mindless flogs.

I’m a bit smug about my roosters assessment for 2020 because coach Nathan Brown was agreeing with me today on radio that Rads was a monster loss.

They have a side badly handicapped by:

Old legs- Jwh, morrises, sbw,

Inexperience: Flanagan et al

Perpetual head knocks: Royd and Keary.

The law of averages threatening teddy ( ie can’t be brilliant every game like Gutho)

Verills is a wonderful player, terrible loss.

Players like Crichton fading away.

Just about everyone in the side is injured or has chronic niggles.

I’m not a rooster fancier, but they died on their feet.

Robbo still said “ not good enough”, he has amazingly high standards.

They should never had made the 8. Brave side, very well coached.

Much more heart in this side than the last two years and I admired their courage. It’s the most respectful of the finals losses by far. A credit to all involved.

On a more suspect note, Mark Geyer and I share some thoughts on Souths. That’s ok I guess lol.

Crichton fading away? he's probably been their best player despite the flog haircut

This is it folks

The game before the big dance

Bellyache's finely tuned machine against Sticky's bunch of fighters

Two teams who have battled it out tough in these uncertain times

But you already knew that

Cameron Smith. The old master. The next immortal. What does the future hold for him?

And Jacky Boy, Jack Wighton. Hasn't he become footy player?

And just to put the cherry on top, these two coaches, Bellayache and Sticky, both former Raiders, are the best of mates

Josh Addo-Carr, The Fox. WHOOSHKA! Look at 'im go. There's no catching him. Taking on the young stallion Nick Cotric. He's off to the Bulldogs next season

Don't you just love it when these two teams get it on?!

It'll be a battle of attrition, a real humdinger, the fight to make the big dance

And it's all ad free, live, on Fox League

*Credit to Shaun Kenny-2weeks for the template

BadnMean

Juniors
This is it folks

Cameron Smith. The old master. The next immortal. What does the future hold for him?

And just to put the cherry on top, these two coaches, Bellayache and Sticky, both former Raiders, are the best of mates

Josh Addo-Carr, The Fox. WHOOSHKA! Look at 'im go. There's no catching him. Taking on the young stallion Nick Cotric. He's off to the Bulldogs next season

It'll be a battle of attrition, a real humdinger, the fight to make the big dance

Lol, you've posted it in the wrong thread like a numpty, but that is absolutely indistinguishable from a real Nable- although somehow he always finds a new way to annoy me.

GongPanther

Referee
This is it folks

Quick!...delete it in case your lot lose, and nobody blames the loss on this post being in the wrong thread.:)