What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Squad

Tigerm

First Grade
Just thinking about Josh Reynolds, he is in his 3rd year with us @ $750,000 per season (reportedly).

So he has already earned $1.5m, I like the guy & it's certainly not his fault, but does anyone know how many games he has played for us, he must be up there with Kieran Foran in $'s per game LOL

Hopefully this year, he will slaughter it & play every game.

Tiger05

First Grade
Just thinking about Josh Reynolds, he is in his 3rd year with us @ $750,000 per season (reportedly).

So he has already earned $1.5m, I like the guy & it's certainly not his fault, but does anyone know how many games he has played for us, he must be up there with Kieran Foran in $'s per game LOL

Hopefully this year, he will slaughter it & play every game.

He is the worst signing we've ever had on a value for money basis. I think he'd be worse than Foran if you took into account how much he had helped his team when on the paddock as well.

I don't care that he is likable even though that is a ripe comment considering he is up on DV charges.

I hope he plays well this year but I can't see him performing well at hooker throughout the year. Sure he can do a good run or two against tired defences but that doesn't make him a hooker. He is great back up for Benji but based on performance if they are both fit it's not even close between the two of them in relation to who gets the 6 spot.

This will probably be his last year in first grade. I hope he has a great year and kills it at hooker. The problem is that I can't see it happening.

It's funny how certain players get a free ride and others cop it. Nofo cops it all the time and yet he plays hard basically every game.

Tigerm

First Grade
I don't care that he is likable even though that is a ripe comment considering he is up on DV charges.

Fair call, but it is alleged at this stage. My point was that I don't dislike the guy like some do, even apart from the trouble he has got.

The Rosco

Bench
I know that being hooker doesn't mean you MUST be dummy half . . . but we have seen Reynolds at dummy half, yes ?
Isn't that enough to scare the #9 from his back ?

Tiger05

First Grade
I know that being hooker doesn't mean you MUST be dummy half . . . but we have seen Reynolds at dummy half, yes ?
Isn't that enough to scare the #9 from his back ?

From what we've seen he is a 6 and not a 9. He could be a pretty decent 6. For a back-up he is a great option.

Tiger Ted

Bench
He is the worst signing we've ever had on a value for money basis. I think he'd be worse than Foran if you took into account how much he had helped his team when on the paddock as well.

I hope he plays well this year but I can't see him performing well at hooker throughout the year. Sure he can do a good run or two against tired defences but that doesn't make him a hooker. He is great back up for Benji but based on performance if they are both fit it's not even close between the two of them in relation to who gets the 6 spot.

This will probably be his last year in first grade. I hope he has a great year and kills it at hooker. The problem is that I can't see it happening.

It's funny how certain players get a free ride and others cop it. Nofo cops it all the time and yet he plays hard basically every game.
Mr inertia the pissant Blair @ 500k/season is the worst signing this club has made on a value for money basis.Obviously Reynolds is on huge overs but he has been injured a lot & he has a dig on the rare occasion he has played.His upbeat persona is also good for the team & hed b a great mentor for the youngsters.If he can steer clear of injury his experience & highly competitive nature will b a huge benefit to a young team like ours.

Tiger05

First Grade
Mr inertia the pissant Blair @ 500k/season is the worst signing this club has made on a value for money basis.Obviously Reynolds is on huge overs but he has been injured a lot & he has a dig on the rare occasion he has played.His upbeat persona is also good for the team & hed b a great mentor for the youngsters.If he can steer clear of injury his experience & highly competitive nature will b a huge benefit to a young team like ours.

I completely disagree on Blair compared to Reynolds. Blair played regularly for us. Sure he wasn't a gun edge backrower but he did his job. He has just never been anything other than a cog in a machine.

As for Reynolds I'd love to see him come good but I have no confidence in him. I think as a 6 he can be pretty decent. Definitely an average NRL 6 but still an NRL player. If he is fit and ready though he will get his chance and I'd love to see him come good.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I completely disagree on Blair compared to Reynolds. Blair played regularly for us. Sure he wasn't a gun edge backrower but he did his job. He has just never been anything other than a cog in a machine.

As for Reynolds I'd love to see him come good but I have no confidence in him. I think as a 6 he can be pretty decent. Definitely an average NRL 6 but still an NRL player. If he is fit and ready though he will get his chance and I'd love to see him come good.
“He did his job” -Maybe Blair had no KPI’s to meet coz his output was diabolically miniscule.The Sheenius was certainly culpable in allowing the bludger to get away with not earning a fraction of what he was being paid & hence should’ve made an example of him by dropping him.

Glaring difference is when reynolds is fit he puts in unlike Blair who treated the club with contempt.

Wizardman

First Grade
Ballin wasn't on top dollar. He was a terrible signing but he wasn't a marquee signing. There isn't anyone close to Reynolds at this point.
Agree 100% Blair was on around 500k. He was always average to very lazy...but at least he made it onto the park. Reynolds is a spine member (which means you really need to play a lot of games to be worthwhile) on 750k a year who has played next to no games for the club. Even if Reynolds was fully fit, 750k was far too much to pay for him. I like the guy but the sooner the guy leaves, the better Wests salary cap will be.

Tiger05

First Grade
Agree 100% Blair was on around 500k. He was always average to very lazy...but at least he made it onto the park. Reynolds is a spine member (which means you really need to play a lot of games to be worthwhile) on 750k a year who has played next to no games for the club. Even if Reynolds was fully fit, 750k was far too much to pay for him. I like the guy but the sooner the guy leaves, the better Wests salary cap will be.

You cannot compare Blair to Reynolds because it's not even close. Everyone should be able to see what a dud signing he has been. Blair has gone onto two clubs post leaving us whereas I think this will be Reynolds last NRL contract. We desperately need him off the books unless something drastic changes this season.

In stating all of that he could kill it at 9. I can't see it happening but I'd be stoked if we got 1 decent year from him.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Random question for you tigers fans but did you guys sign the former souths and junior kiwi winger/centre mawene Hiroti?

Also what about the former junior kiwis centre from a few years back Watson heleta?

Tigerm

First Grade
Random question for you tigers fans but did you guys sign the former souths and junior kiwi winger/centre mawene Hiroti?

Also what about the former junior kiwis centre from a few years back Watson heleta?
Not sure if you are actually asking or telling us we did?

But I have not their names mentioned.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Not sure if you are actually asking or telling us we did?

But I have not their names mentioned.
I’m asking mate. I remember reading that you’d taken hiroti on trial and that heleta was and has been part of your feeder club for a few years even winning player of the season(2019) I believe?

Vic Mackey

Referee

It was reported on another forum that Hiroti was at Concord speaking with Madge, but appears nothing eventuated

Watson has been at the club for a number of years and recently has captained the nsw Cup side. I believe he is still there this year. Shame he’s never played NRL as even though he wouldn’t be a star, he’d probably have been better then some of the others who got goes ahead of him I.e Milone, Rankin, Hoeter

The unknown

Juniors

blair did his job? I’m almost certain he tanked 80% of the games he played for us. The shirt grabbing king