What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Squad

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think he is very good, seen him coming up through our system. Be a ideal no 6 to replace Benji in 2021, in the meantime play no1 this year. Of course I would also like Meaney but you can only buy a player that is on the market

I like douiehi as a 6 aswell, I think he can be a similar player to Jack Wighton. I just have reservations about having him in the 1 for a full year, particularly if it’s going to cost $500k.

I suppose the benefit would be that you get him into the system so he can learn etc, plus who better to start teaching him 5/8 then Benji

super_coach

First Grade
I like douiehi as a 6 aswell, I think he can be a similar player to Jack Wighton. I just have reservations about having him in the 1 for a full year, particularly if it’s going to cost $500k.

I suppose the benefit would be that you get him into the system so he can learn etc, plus who better to start teaching him 5/8 then Benji

Mate, he is big aggressive and can ball play. Last year in the finals series he was close to Souths best. I think long term he is a no6, he has a very good kicking game. As for this year, we are going to need some tall timber at the back with the rule changes and he ticks the box.

Of course we really have no idea what horse trading is going on behind the scenes, so maybe we have a bigger fish or two in our sights. Also we are not going to expect to pay full fare to Souths considering they probably have cap issues their not being up front about.

One thing for certain, of our three remaining spots to fill, two of them have to be quality backs who are definitely starting 13 standard

Mate, he is big aggressive and can ball play. Last year in the finals series he was close to Souths best. I think long term he is a no6, he has a very good kicking game. As for this year, we are going to need some tall timber at the back with the rule changes and he ticks the box.

Of course we really have no idea what horse trading is going on behind the scenes, so maybe we have a bigger fish or two in our sights. Also we are not going to expect to pay full fare to Souths considering they probably have cap issues their not being up front about.

One thing for certain, of our three remaining spots to fill, two of them have to be quality backs who are definitely starting 13 standard

Some good points, the clubs talk secretly amongst themselves all the time.

macnaz

Staff member

We would get Doueihi for 375k or there abouts for 2020, seeing as Souffs have paid nearly 3 months of the contract.. that's a small bonus I guess

Mario chalmers

Juniors
I think he is a very capable player. Only featured in first grade for half the season and went close to being our top try scorer. Apparently Robbo really rated him at Easts but he was never looking likely behind Latrell and Manu.

The love for Momorovski is misguided in my opinion and by the middle of the year you will see why. He never ever dominated for the Wyong Roos in the games I saw him play in 2018. He caught one bomb and fell over the line in finals game for the Roosters that year but otherwise made no contribution at NRL level.

In games he played for us last year he found the line a few times but he is not fast and called touch a few times in defence (a glaring miss against Cronulla in the final round led to a try).

He's got about as much talent as a Ryan Morgan type player in my view. Will end up in SL after this contract I predict

Tigerm

First Grade
The love for Momorovski is misguided in my opinion and by the middle of the year you will see why. He never ever dominated for the Wyong Roos in the games I saw him play in 2018. He caught one bomb and fell over the line in finals game for the Roosters that year but otherwise made no contribution at NRL level.

In games he played for us last year he found the line a few times but he is not fast and called touch a few times in defence (a glaring miss against Cronulla in the final round led to a try).

He's got about as much talent as a Ryan Morgan type player in my view. Will end up in SL after this contract I predict
So who have we got (or is available) to replace him?

Mario chalmers

Juniors
I also thought his game improved dramatically in the final rounds, it can only give him confidence for this year.
I can't deny he showed improvement but still think he lacks talent.

Most of our backs would not play NRL at other clubs. If we want an upgrade, the best players in the lower grades should be our first port of call ( as opposed to paying overs for other clubs established cast offs)

I've posted the backlines from the '18 and '19 NSWRL team of the year below (their site is great IMO)

Of these players that I have seen the best are:

Will Kennedy - off contract at the end of 2020. Dominant in reserve grade every week
Hiroti - uncontracted having left Souths. Kicks goals

Keighran - shuffled around at the Warriors and kicks goals. Left side too from memory
Katoa - well down the pecking order at Cronulla but has looked good at NRL level when given a chance

upload_2020-1-16_18-28-58.png
upload_2020-1-16_18-29-41.png
upload_2020-1-16_18-28-32.png

upload_2020-1-16_18-28-13.png

Mario chalmers

Juniors
We would get Doueihi for 375k or there abouts for 2020, seeing as Souffs have paid nearly 3 months of the contract.. that's a small bonus I guess
We'd be dealing with Sam Ayoub in any dealings for Doueihi. That on its own is enough reason to look elsewhere.

He has a future ahead of him mind you so its hard to say no.

He lacks size and explosive pace but he has an extremely good eye to read the game. He may not go on with it this year, but I am certainly keeping an eye on him and I think he may go to the next level now he's got half a season in grade under his belt.

Pretty sure he made no contribution other than that finals game for Easts because that was his debut IIRC.

gordsy

Juniors
AD was apparently a tigers jrn when he was told by Taylor that he would never be a first grade player and to pack his bags....

Vic Mackey

Referee
AD was apparently a tigers jrn when he was told by Taylor that he would never be a first grade player and to pack his bags....

ive seen a few people say that but my guess is its mainly taylor hate then anything else

madge signed him from sg ball to an nyc contract, i doubt taylor had little to do with him

maguire seems to have a real hands on approach to our juniors, something that we havent really had since sheens

Tiger Ted

Bench
ive seen a few people say that but my guess is its mainly taylor hate then anything else

madge signed him from sg ball to an nyc contract, i doubt taylor had little to do with him

maguire seems to have a real hands on approach to our juniors, something that we havent really had since sheens
Ur totally right that taylor would’ve had nothing to do with AD.

One of Madge’s many strengths is identifying talent & he will fast track kids with ability into the NRL team.Im quite sure that he also nicked Junior Tatola from us when he was Souths coach.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Ur totally right that taylor would’ve had nothing to do with AD.

One of Madge’s many strengths is identifying talent & he will fast track kids with ability into the NRL team.Im quite sure that he also nicked Junior Tatola from us when he was Souths coach.

madge got quiet a few from nowhere

cody walker from qld cup, damien cook from nsw cup

nathan brown and tatloa from our nsw cup

even a guy further back, andrew everingham. had been playing reserve grade for us for years, then madge got him and he played on the wing in 2 Prelim finals. sure was no superstar but he was a nobody in a team that was missing finals, who did a job for them in a top 4 side

Latest posts