What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Super League

adamkungl

Immortal
Warrington got a win up but I really haven't been impressed with them since Widdop came back into the side. They started the season with a really energetic, probing attack and now it's utterly pedestrian.
Austin has been taking the line on less, Ratchford sees less good ball. They have a squad that is almost 1-13 England reps and they're not really hitting the highs they should be.

Castleford obviously more disappointing, game on the line and multiple chances to take it and couldn't convert pretty basic opportunities. Those fg attempts were a shitshow.

How did St helens manage to lose to Huddersfield??

JFK Files

Juniors
Warrington are missing Matty Ashton, he was electric in those first couple of games, providing youth, speed and enthusiasm.
Trueman should have taken the line in more, he is dangerous when he does.
Cracker next week with Hull v Warrington.

Jack Deth

Juniors
You know what I mean. Did you ever talk about a game saying how well/poorly FC had played? In general conversation nobody ever said FC. HTH. The song you quoted was poetic licence.

You are not a real fan. If you were you wouldn't be spouting this rubbish.

How long have you been following and supporting the club? 2mins?

Because your lack of knowledge suggests you aint been around very long.

I won't be replying again. Because i sense your are the type of person who will not admit you are wrong and will just proceed to bang on and on
Cheers

deluded pom?

Coach
You are not a real fan. If you were you wouldn't be spouting this rubbish.

How long have you been following and supporting the club? 2mins?

Because your lack of knowledge suggests you aint been around very long.

I won't be replying again. Because i sense your are the type of person who will not admit you are wrong and will just proceed to bang on and on
Cheers
:D:D:D

adamkungl

Immortal
With Folau, Maloney, Tomkins, Kasiano and most of the French squad I'm thinking SL auditors cant work out the salary cap in Euros?

Hard to see much of the French squad actually being on serious coin tbh.
Folau might not be on as much as his on-field value dictates.
2 marquee players covers Tomkins and Maloney pretty easily.
Warrington have 13 current or former England reps by my rough count and no one's questioning them.

They've built a really nice roster BUT can McNamara and Maloney actually get them all driving for the same goal. They've had a roster which I would always consider in the top half of quality for years, but haven't finished in the top half of the comp since 2016. Riddled by effort problems and discipline.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hard to see much of the French squad actually being on serious coin tbh.
Folau might not be on as much as his on-field value dictates.
2 marquee players covers Tomkins and Maloney pretty easily.
Warrington have 13 current or former England reps by my rough count and no one's questioning them.

They've built a really nice roster BUT can McNamara and Maloney actually get them all driving for the same goal. They've had a roster which I would always consider in the top half of quality for years, but haven't finished in the top half of the comp since 2016. Riddled by effort problems and discipline.

The four I've mentioned could all get marquee status money somewhere (ok maybe Folaus options were ltd :) ). Some serious creative accounting, maybe they ddn have 200k sat on cap unspent a month out from start of season, or maybe they are still employing the wags in the club shop like when I was there. As for Warrington, clearly taken some tips from the Roosters!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Would Folau even count on the cap as a former union player?

Its 50% on cap for him:

New Talent Pool Dispensation – Any Player who has not previously played Rugby League is given a value of £0 in the first year of his contract and at 50% of his true value in the second year;

Returning Talent Pool Dispensation – Any Player who has not previously played rugby league in the 5 years prior to signing is given a value of 50% of his true value in the first year of his contract and 75% of his true value in the second year;

https://www.rugby-league.com/salary_cap_regulations

Perth Red

Post Whore
Radford sacked. Must have been a good blow up in the tunnel, chairman came straight out onto the pitch after the final whistle and announced it live on Sky!

adamkungl

Immortal
Hull under Radford have had these absolutely dire performances every few weeks for years.
They should be a consistent top 6 team and every now and then they just throw in an absolute stinker.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Radford sacked. Must have been a good blow up in the tunnel, chairman came straight out onto the pitch after the final whistle and announced it live on Sky!

Watched a little bit on Kayo while at work and had to go back on the line when Widdop scored, mate was soon on the phone to tell me Radford was gone, the writing was on the wall!.

TheFrog

Coach
Surely that's a forfeit though?
Think about it. The Leeds side could well be already riddled with it, in the incubation period. If they went and played Catalans might be riddled with it too. Before you know it the comp has to be stopped. You don't want to encourage teams to do the wrong thing.

Springs09

Juniors
Think about it. The Leeds side could well be already riddled with it, in the incubation period. If they went and played Catalans might be riddled with it too. Before you know it the comp has to be stopped. You don't want to encourage teams to do the wrong thing.

I didn't say it was the wrong thing, I said it should really be a forfeit. Leeds are choosing to not play because one squad member has self-isolated. If Catalans can't find time to play the game later it's not really their fault. You can't have teams refusing to travel to France and telling Catalans 'it's up to you to find time to play us later despite already being 2 games behind. Even if games are cancelled and points are shared it's not really even as both sides would fall behind teams that are playing and winning.

Latest posts