What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Trial 1

WA Tiger

Bench
Watch it again. The starting squad were all off the last 30 mins except Naden.
Not Panthers fault we have depth. Burton & May will still rip the Tigers first grade team apart. By the way, only Leota and Yeo were the only NRL forwards that played & only 1st half
Cleary Senior has done nothing in the NRL as a coach..Gould was spot on Constant hard pressure wears him out and makes him tired / ineffective ..and you’s are stuck with him ..Even Mathew Ridge way back when Cleary was coaching at the Warriors said he was no good Thanks for the motivation

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
Not Panthers fault we have depth. Burton & May will still rip the Tigers first grade team apart. By the way, only Leota and Yeo were the only NRL forwards that played & only 1st half

let me guess, premiership certainties after that win yesterday?

Vic Mackey

Referee

meh the shit teams always take trials more seriously, congrats on winning your grand final

Fordy20

Juniors
Matheson Johns is great. Adam MacDougall like. I would be giving him a run next week, and If he looks just as strong upgrade to top 30 asap. Love his aggression.

Musgrove first game in years looks to be a winner.

Walters good all round game.

Reynolds running out of dummy half is more dangerous then Walters, but his defence and passing doesn't match up. His rushing up in defence will forever keep him in Madges bad books. He just doesn't learn.

Douahi showed what we have missed with his cutout pass for the try. However what we gain in that department we lose in go forward. Thompson definitely makes more yards, looks more dangers running the ball. Adam gets physically dominated. I would run with Adam to start with as that ball playing is essential, but for me it's not a given he keeps the number 1. He will have to perform otherwise we go with the running Thompson.

Sounds like Walters is the better choice for hooker then. Strong dummy half runs are good, but passing and defence is much more important in my view.

Same with fullback. Kick returns, cleaning up kicks and organising the defence are more important to me than ball playing. That should have been the lesson for our club in 2009, but we were spoiled with Teddy and Paps coming through.

I don't know if it would be better for Adam to start the year in reserves and get him to focus on those things before bringing him into firsts or if it would be better to give him the #1 at the top level and tell him the jersey is his if he shows he can excel with the bread and butter of fullback play.

The unknown

Juniors
After having a bit of time to reflect, here’s my take on last nights trial

Musgrove - Aggressive, runs hard. Not bad for a bloke who’s been out of the game for 2 years, I think he’ll make top 17 easy. Maybe even start

Doueihi - A tad rusty but looked like the only one out there able to spark something. Could be our X factor we desperately need

Walters - Made some pretty good darts out of dummy half and he gives good service. If we don’t get grant, I’d have him as our starting #9

Johns - Who is this kid?! Forget about Talau, Mbye and Momo this kid looks the goods.

Madden - Thought he was pretty good. Has a nice kicking game although a little on the small side for now, interesting to see how he develops

Leilua - didn’t get much game time but looked fine to me. Big body

The rest kinda meh - but once again, only a trial. The ones I mentioned are the ones that stood out to me

JB04

Juniors
Haha imagine having such an inferiority complex you decide to venture into the opposing teams forum to talk your chances up after effectively a reserve grade trail game.

didn’t get a chance to see the game, but thanks all for your appraisals of the game, food for thought!

The unknown

Juniors
Haha imagine having such an inferiority complex you decide to venture into the opposing teams forum to talk your chances up after effectively a reserve grade trail game.

didn’t get a chance to see the game, but thanks all for your appraisals of the game, food for thought!

Even worse when Penrith had essentially a 1st grade 1-7 barring Cleary while we had a bunch of jersey flegg players and Doueihi in our backline haha. Nothing to brag about

Blues Riff

Bench
He wasn't bragging or trolling. All he did was correct Rosco about the squad you had just played. Instead of being embarrassed by the Phantoms idiotic response, you all joined in like a pack of rabid bitches. That's insecurity right there.

The Rosco

Bench

Yeah, but it's not his fault they have depth.
Silverdale does get excited, though . . . .

He wasn't bragging or trolling. All he did was correct Rosco about the squad you had just played. Instead of being embarrassed by the Phantoms idiotic response, you all joined in like a pack of rabid bitches. That's insecurity right there.

Make May captain in women in league round you trolling filth.

OldPanther

Coach
Even worse when Penrith had essentially a 1st grade 1-7 barring Cleary while we had a bunch of jersey flegg players and Doueihi in our backline haha. Nothing to brag about

It really depends on who our backline is. Whare and Mansour are done in my opinion with the guys you saw last night(Crichton etc.) Taking over.

The Johns kid you got from us this year and will be really good or at least help your depth without being incompetent.

Walters and Musgrove look very good and since your halves were top 10 for some key stats last year I'd say the support from good players around them should help make the 8. The better teams should have a harder time getting over you now(barring injury of course)

Vozzy

Juniors
Would Doueihi be good at centre if you wanted to try and fit thomo AD BJ no fo and Jennings all in the side. For the life of me I reckon Mbye needs to do what's best for the team and become the 14th man. He is a great utility he has never locked down a posistion in his life but is perfect for any injury to cover.

Would Doueihi be good at centre if you wanted to try and fit thomo AD BJ no fo and Jennings all in the side. For the life of me I reckon Mbye needs to do what's best for the team and become the 14th man. He is a great utility he has never locked down a posistion in his life but is perfect for any injury to cover.

A few of us lads were very angry he played.

It’s a trial, it’s for youngsters and muppets and we play our no 1 fullback. FMD!

Vic Mackey

Referee

Saying 2 Reserve grade halves would carve up our full side isn’t trolling? From my count you guys had 7/8 people who will likely be in your starting 13 come round 1. We had 2/3.

At the end Of the day it’s a trial. We lost both of ours in 2005 and 2010(our best ever years), both years against teams that would go on to come last and second last. In 2016 we beat the sharks in a trial. So I’m not exactly slitting wrists or buying GF tickets whatever the result.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Saying 2 Reserve grade halves would carve up our full side isn’t trolling? From my count you guys had 7/8 people who will likely be in your starting 13 come round 1. We had 2/3.

At the end Of the day it’s a trial. We lost both of ours in 2005 and 2010(our best ever years), both years against teams that would go on to come last and second last. In 2016 we beat the sharks in a trial. So I’m not exactly slitting wrists or buying GF tickets whatever the result.
The only thing that mattered last nite is not getting serious injuries & we will all start giving a damn in 3 wks.

Latest posts