What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Week 1: Finals thread (Non Parra)

strider

Post Whore
No.
6 penalties for no reason.
An over turned captains challenge. One of the worse reff perfor,ancestors I have witnessed. I can't beleive Penrith win after what I saw.

Cleary Ice cool

Naden you almost f**ked it.
Absolute horseshit ... penrith just got tired and run dowm, but did well to hang on.

The overturned captains challenge the roosters got was the worst on field call of the night. Not in the same postcode as an obstruction.

And i dont think the penalties were out of order .... infact the penalty to the panthers to get em down field for the winning field goal was dodgy as f**k. Naden was just clumsy in the play the ball

hindy111

Post Whore
Absolute horseshit ... penrith just got tired and run dowm, but did well to hang on.

The overturned captains challenge the roosters got was the worst on field call of the night. Not in the same postcode as an obstruction.

And i dont think the penalties were out of order .... infact the penalty to the panthers to get em down field for the winning field goal was dodgy as f**k. Naden was just clumsy in the play the ball

From 48th min to 68th Refs just let the Roosters do what they wanted. It bought them back into the game.

But many predicted Penrith out in straight sets and crumble under pressure. Well at 10-0 they didn't crumble. The sides better then I thought.

Cleary is special. I always thought his ceiling was Pearce level. But I am leaning towards Andrew Johns,Freddy Fitler at this point. His field goal was massive.

strider

Post Whore
From 48th min to 68th Refs just let the Roosters do what they wanted. It bought them back into the game.

But many predicted Penrith out in straight sets and crumble under pressure. Well at 10-0 they didn't crumble. The sides better then I thought.

Cleary is special. I always thought his ceiling was Pearce level. But I am leaning towards Andrew Johns,Freddy Fitler at this point. His field goal was massive.
No they didnt

But yeah they did very well, score flatters the roosters

And cleary is very good, but not johns. I think the reason cleary is copping it is only cos he played for nsw and its hard winning SOO so the whingers pick him as a scapegoat. He has always been solid and plays to instruction, but now he is stepping out to show more. I see him like Cronk. Extremely dependable and will also win you some games.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I reckon a lot of weeks the Martin offload gets called a knock on. The refs had no bearing on who won. Possession was the biggest decider. Another 5 minutes and the Roosters would have snatched it.

strider

Post Whore
I reckon a lot of weeks the Martin offload gets called a knock on. The refs had no bearing on who won. Possession was the biggest decider. Another 5 minutes and the Roosters would have snatched it.
Agree. Everything is a knock on now, but Martins wasnt. He dropped the ball onto his own thigh, no intention to kick it. Probably dropped it straight down, so i would be happy to say play on, but it never is these days.

hindy111

Post Whore

Disagree. Another 5mins and Penrith would of went into overdrive. I predict 2 back to back tries by them....
Reality is had Naden not done what did they get a penalty on halfway with 3mins to go and probably score again.13+ win.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Disagree. Another 5mins and Penrith would of went into overdrive. I predict 2 back to back tries by them....
Reality is had Naden not done what did they get a penalty on halfway with 3mins to go and probably score again.13+ win.
Disagree. All except one of Penrith tries were due to lucky bounces.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
In fact, coming up against a team who had 60 put on them last week, Penrith should have dominated that whole game. Roosters were mentally there for the taking and your boys let them believe again. Very disappointing from the minor premiers. A shaky performance.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Agreed, it’s so obvious we are “light years” away from the teams you mentioned, but some people will defend the indefensible, in saying that I will be behind our team and know they will give their best, which unfortunately won’t be enough....have these scumbags even lost up there this year?
They are 17 from 21 at Suncorp.

lingard

Coach
The Roosters experience got them back in, even that run by Crighton to get it back to 1, we just don't have anyone that runs like that.

We are missing a strike outside back and another hard running forward, Nrown runs hard and gives all but i think he is just a little too small to get over the advantage line.

Panthers are the real deal but i think they were patchy as well tonight. They do need to create NRL history now to win the comp........will be interesting to watch.

Interesting conundrum. How good are Penrith and Easts? After last night, I'm thinking that Melbourne and Canberra are better than both of them. Possibly Souths, too. Penrith are good, but they've had it fairly cruisy. And Easts were flogged last week, have had a lot of injury problems, and have been trying to maintain consistently excellent form for the third year in a row. I reckon they are spent - and it showed last night. They wont win next week. Penrith are very good, but not as good as they look. Where do Parramatta fit in? I think - if we played at or near our best - we would have gone close to beating either of those sides last night. But tonight will be VERY difficult for us.

lingard

Coach
In fact, coming up against a team who had 60 put on them last week, Penrith should have dominated that whole game. Roosters were mentally there for the taking and your boys let them believe again. Very disappointing from the minor premiers. A shaky performance.

I think there's an element of truth in what you're saying.

hindy111

Post Whore
Interesting conundrum. How good are Penrith and Easts? After last night, I'm thinking that Melbourne and Canberra are better than both of them. Possibly Souths, too. Penrith are good, but they've had it fairly cruisy. And Easts were flogged last week, have had a lot of injury problems, and have been trying to maintain consistently excellent form for the third year in a row. I reckon they are spent - and it showed last night. They wont win next week. Penrith are very good, but not as good as they look. Where do Parramatta fit in? I think - if we played at or near our best - we would have gone close to beating either of those sides last night. But tonight will be VERY difficult for us.

That's if you take Roosters loss to Souths seriously. I do not. They put in about 75% effort. In a physical game like NRL this scoreline is what happens when play like this.

lingard

Coach
That's if you take Roosters loss to Souths seriously. I do not. They put in about 75% effort. In a physical game like NRL this scoreline is what happens when play like this.

No it's not. 60 points is a hell of a lot of points to leak, one game out from the finals.

strider

Post Whore
Nah, the kick off bounced in the right direction would have eventually made the 10m. Naden was just too dumb to wait... Im gobsmacked footballers dont know rules