What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 - Worst Year In History

Generalzod

Immortal
Ugh. I had to unfollow Hoffman, used to like him at the Warriors too.

I'd love to hear the justification for counting cheating as legit. That's the reason I have so much respect for Cronk, he is the only Storm player I've ever heard say 'nup we got caught, and deserved our punishment'.

And yes 2020 officially sucks for real now.
That the only Storm player I liked...

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Well it certainly wasnt a good end to the season, not a great game, some questionable refereeing decisions, Melbourne winning again, Ch 9's coverage, wet weather.

However overall I dont think its the worst year as far as Rugby League is concerned.

It couldve easily have been with COVID19 but thankfully with Vlandys and Abdo, we managed to get the season back on track and changed some rules, brought back the one referee system and kept Origin alive.

The quality of football has been a lot better than previous years.

I feel, should things back to normal, in terms of full crowds, we have the mid year Origin and World Cup at the end of the year, 2021 could be one of the best years of Rugby League. Lets hope.

This Year?

Immortal
Watching the grand final on kayo felt like an extended version of a mini after all the ch9 crap was taken out of it.

simmo05

Bench
Worst in a league context? If not almost all years from 50 years ago were worse than this one

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
I could handle a terrible 2020, and a terrible season for the Cowboys. Why? Because the Broncos were just that little bit more terrible.

Cronulla are an absolute and total disgrace. Don’t get their premiership stripped cause they are a loser club completely up there with st Kilda of the afl. Storm on the other hand get their stripped for doing the same thing. The reality is storm won another legitimate premiership in 2020 1 more than Cronulla.

Bazal

Post Whore
Cronulla are an absolute and total disgrace. Don’t get their premiership stripped cause they are a loser club completely up there with st Kilda of the afl. Storm on the other hand get their stripped for doing the same thing. The reality is storm won another legitimate premiership in 2020 1 more than Cronulla.

Wot is a St Kilda

Perth Red

Post Whore

Welcome to the party lol

Fangs

Coach
Well that was close to the worst Origin series I have ever watched. Terrible quality and a overall apathetic performance from the players.

This really is the worst year ever.

Inkers75

Juniors
If it's been worst year for you, spare a thought for us in UK. No spectators at sporting events since March and, realistically, not until 2021! Seeing all the spectators at the SOO yesterday was surreal! Personally not been to any live sporting events at all this year. Hope 2021 is much better!

Reflector

Juniors
If the 2020 season was like any other with no COVID hiatus and the original season draw:

- The Titans would probably have made the finals
- Kevin Walters would've been Qld coach and (as a result) NSW most likely win the series
- The Broncos don't lose their early season momentum and probably avoid the spoon

It's a real case of take your pick...

pantherz9103

First Grade
Worst ending to a season for me with Penrith bottling it in the GF and the Blues in the Origin but then again Panthers actually won some silverware with the J.J.Giltinan Shield and the Broncos took home the dreaded cooking utensil so there's still some fond memories, far more than most seasons.