What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 College Season

Valheru

Coach
It just paves the way for 2 SEC teams in the play off. Alabama will need to lose again to miss out and if they win the SEC they will definitely take both a 1 loss Georgia and a 1 loss Alabama. The big10 winner is also automatic this season whomever that may be. The final spot either goes to Oklahoma if they stay undefeated which is looking shaky or a 1 loss Oregon if they don't lose again. If neither of those things happen then Cincinnati will get a chance.

jaseg

Juniors
It just paves the way for 2 SEC teams in the play off. Alabama will need to lose again to miss out and if they win the SEC they will definitely take both a 1 loss Georgia and a 1 loss Alabama. The big10 winner is also automatic this season whomever that may be. The final spot either goes to Oklahoma if they stay undefeated which is looking shaky or a 1 loss Oregon if they don't lose again. If neither of those things happen then Cincinnati will get a chance.

Cincinnati did get the #3 rank after last week, and just smacked UCF. Iowa got dicked down by Purdue, so Cincy will be #2 next week. Going to be tougher and tougher to ignore them if they don't trip up...

Forget Oregon, nobody in the Pac 12 will make it.

Alabama not getting their typical leg up from the refs here, had a few flags thrown on Miss State defense and (rightly) picked up. Doesn't matter though, Rogers has been throwing INTs.

And looks like Rattler ain't getting that starting job back at Oklahoma. Williams looks good

Tom155

Coach
Yep Rattler not getting that job back, transfer is likely next move imo

Would be incredibly stupid to enter the draft

jaseg

Juniors
Tennessee fans pelting the field with bottles/whatever else (looks like Lane Kiffin got hit with a golf ball right in front of a ref) after a call that looked correct. Ole Miss has vacated their sideline, the Vols cheerleaders got out (they were getting hit too). This is stupid.

Looks like they might consider a forfeit here? This has been going on for over 5 minutes now, still going...

jaseg

Juniors
Ok looks like no forfeit, but they're emptying out large parts of the stands.

Closing on 15 minutes delayed, and counting..

Edit: stopped for about 20 minutes, resumed and then fans came running back down and throwing shit again.

Forget just throwing fines around, ban them having fans at a couple of home games imo

Tennessee force a punt with 43 second left, down 31-26, no timeouts left.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Cincinnati did get the #3 rank after last week, and just smacked UCF. Iowa got dicked down by Purdue, so Cincy will be #2 next week. Going to be tougher and tougher to ignore them if they don't trip up...

Forget Oregon, nobody in the Pac 12 will make it.

I hope Cincy get in but i've seen this movie before.

SEC winner gets in with 100% certainty. If that is Alabama then a 1 loss Georgia also gets in. If Georgia wins then that might make things interesting but I see a world where 2 loss Bama gets in over cincy.

The BIG10 has teams currently ranked 5, 6, 7, 9 and 11. The survivor of that definitely makes it

BIG12 has 2 undefeated teams currently ranked 3 and 8. Hard to see the winner not getting in.

If anything, it is yet more evidence why the playoff should be expanded.

jaseg

Juniors
I hope Cincy get in but i've seen this movie before.

SEC winner gets in with 100% certainty. If that is Alabama then a 1 loss Georgia also gets in. If Georgia wins then that might make things interesting but I see a world where 2 loss Bama gets in over cincy.

The BIG10 has teams currently ranked 5, 6, 7, 9 and 11. The survivor of that definitely makes it

BIG12 has 2 undefeated teams currently ranked 3 and 8. Hard to see the winner not getting in.

If anything, it is yet more evidence why the playoff should be expanded.

Oh we've seen it before (Utah), and if it plays out like that they'll leave them out - it would look bad though.

I think the winner of the Big 12 will need to be undefeated (that seems much more likely now that Oklahoma have benched Rattler), can't justify a defeated conference champion outside of the SEC/Big Ten (B12/ACC/PAC look so far away from those two) getting in over an undefeated Bearcats team that hold the #1 ranking, have a win over ND, plus another over a ranked opponent by then - and showed last year they can hang with Georgia.

Mind you, it's the playoff committee, they don't have to justify shit. But hooooly hell would that look bad. And yeah, the playoffs need to go to 8.

Valheru

Coach
Oh we've seen it before (Utah), and if it plays out like that they'll leave them out - it would look bad though.

I think the winner of the Big 12 will need to be undefeated (that seems much more likely now that Oklahoma have benched Rattler), can't justify a defeated conference champion outside of the SEC/Big Ten (B12/ACC/PAC look so far away from those two) getting in over an undefeated Bearcats team that hold the #1 ranking, have a win over ND, plus another over a ranked opponent by then - and showed last year they can hang with Georgia.

Mind you, it's the playoff committee, they don't have to justify shit. But hooooly hell would that look bad. And yeah, the playoffs need to go to 8.
BIG12 is very interesting actually.

The OU/OSU game is always last week of the season which means they could (likely will) meet again the following week on neutral ground.

Interesting to see what the committee does if both are undefeated going in to the last game and the loser of the regular season game then wins the championship game meaning both finish 12-1. Especially if both games are tight.

Anyways, a lot to play out before them.

18to87

First Grade
Pretty wide open this year which is good to see. I'd love to see Georgia get there but they are prone to a collapse at the final hurdle.

Valheru

Coach
Interesting to see what the first CFP rankings look like on Wednesday

I expect

1 Georgia
2 Michigan State
3 Cincinnati
4 Alabama
5 Oklahoma

How they place Ohio State and Oregon will give us insight to their thought process. Is the tiebreaker the head to head game or overall strength of schedule?

T-Boon

Coach
Interesting to see what the first CFP rankings look like on Wednesday

I expect

1 Georgia
2 Michigan State
3 Cincinnati
4 Alabama
5 Oklahoma

How they place Ohio State and Oregon will give us insight to their thought process. Is the tiebreaker the head to head game or overall strength of schedule?
I just cannot see how they could have Bama ahead of Oklahoma. I would seriously have it:
Georgia
Oklahoma
Michigan State
Cincy
Oregon
Ohio State
Bama

Valheru

Coach
I just cannot see how they could have Bama ahead of Oklahoma. I would seriously have it:
Georgia
Oklahoma
Michigan State
Cincy
Oregon
Ohio State
Bama
Michigan State definitely ahead of Oklahoma for me as they have had the tougher schedule

I agree Bama shouldn't be in the 4 at this stage but I suspect they will, they are given every benefit of the doubt by the committee.

Valheru

Coach
Well the rankings are released and I am officially stunned

The bias towards Alabama continues, There is no way they should be above Michigan State at this stage. It makes no real difference being 2 or 3 but you just know if Bama lose a tight one to Georgia in the SEC championship they will get in as a 2 loss team.

I'm an Oregon fan but them ahead of Cincinnati at this point in time is a bit mystifying. On the hand hand I like that they are above Ohio State meaning head to head matters but Cincinnati should be above both at the moment. If Oregon and OSU run the table form here then as 1 loss champs they probably should be above an undefeated Cincinnati but not right now. The committee has basically told Cincinnati that they have no chance of getting selected.

Oklahoma (8) is very low as well for an undefeated BIG12 team although they have ample opportunity with Baylor (12) and Oklahoma State (11) to come plus a rematch with one of those in the championship game. If they go undefeated they will get selected.

Wake Forest (9) is an interesting one as they are undefeated int he ACC and could well run the table without beating a ranked team. Could the committee really omit an undefeated power 5 champion? We may well find out.

All in all the committee has showed its hand

SEC champ is in
SEC runner up is very likely to be in especially if that is a 1 loss Georgia
BIG10 champ is in
BIG12 champ will need to be undefeated or Oregon will need to lose a 2nd game
Oregon is in if they run the table
Wake Forest needs to go undefeated and a couple of 2 loss champions
Cincinnati needs a miracle

Valheru

Coach
Wake forest's play off hopes are dine with a loss to NC.

Michigan state looks like they will fall to purdue. Their track to the play-off is still there if they win out though but they won't be top 4 come Wednesday.

jaseg

Juniors
Purdue have now handed the first loss of the season to then top rated team in the Big Ten twice this season.

Malik Willis did himself no favours today, opposite Corral no less. It's still close between then, but wow does this look like a bad QB class or what... Carson Strong or Desmond Ridder could end up in the discussion as QB1 at this rate. In fact, Strong probably IS seriously in the discussion now along with the Pitt QB. JT Daniels just put any chance of him making a late play to bed, Bennett will be the fulltime starter at Georgia going forward. Shit, now that I think about it Tanner McKee is draft eligible despite this being his sophomore year (mormon mission). He'd be in play at QB1 if he came out, even with only what, 7 starts to his name? And most of those losses..

Bama look like they've just gotten away with this game against LSU... a couple of very close calls late for LSU to take the lead there.

T-Boon

Coach
I reckon it is an over all crap class. Kyle Hamilton is a great player but a safety going 2 is crazy talk.
No QBs, the defensive ends getting talked about aren't anything great compared to normal.
All that said probably a heap of superstars a few years from now they just haven't had great college careers.
I've got no idea who the Heisman finalists/winner will be.
Great season though.

Latest posts