What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
I would never blame the Warriors for drawing badly at Gosford (particularly against the GC)

but, if CC fans Arent turning up this season, it surely kills the CC Bears bid.

This is the chance for Gosford fans to show that they deserve a team (or at least a stack of relocated games). But if they keep drawing less than 5k, thats basically the end of the discussion, right?

Its either everyone in Gosford supports Sydney teams so no interest in watching neutral games OR they have come to the dawning realisation, like fans in Perth, that they are never getting a club to call their own and cant be arsed to financially support the NRL anymore.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
A quick hark back to last year, we've got crowd figures for all bar one game for Rounds 5-20 and finals from last year (plus Round 1, of course)

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
With a week of trash weather so far (and predicted to continue) AND a 7pm kick off QLD time on Friday night I think the Titans will struggle to get 15k to the broncos game. Most Brisbane fans won’t have the time to make the trek with a loss of the hour

Reflector

Juniors
Trying to think when was the last time (if ever) a 1st grade match has been postponed due to weather or pitch conditions?

The_Frog

First Grade
Its either everyone in Gosford supports Sydney teams so no interest in watching neutral games OR they have come to the dawning realisation, like fans in Perth, that they are never getting a club to call their own and cant be arsed to financially support the NRL anymore.
But they would get a team if 25,000 rolled up every week to watch the Warriors. Sydney teams would be cutting each others throats to relocate.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Trying to think when was the last time (if ever) a 1st grade match has been postponed due to weather or pitch conditions?

I've been to a few in UK called off for fog after the FB disappeared at one end lol (odsal was notorious for this as it was below ground level).
Worse here I've been to was at nib the year Broncos played and we had the most amazing rain storm. The pitch was insane and had massive lakes on it. The electric advertising hoardings on sideline literally blew up! I'm surprised it wasnt called off tbh.

The_Frog

First Grade
Wasn't a Test match postponed a few years ago in Brisbane? In first grade it was a fairly regular event in the 60s and 70s, but it would take a tsunami now due to TV obligations.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If there was enough sustained demand, someone would. Nature abhors a vacuum, but unfortunately at Gosford there isn't one.

Nope. No club is in financial dire straights enough to leave home. its like getting your 21 year old to move out the house when the are getting all their food and laundry done for them. Aint going to happen no matter how many people turn up for a NRL game in Gosford, or perth, or Adelaide or anywhere else desperate for a club.

horrie hastings

First Grade

In 1979 round 14 only 3 games went ahead due to inclement weather in the week leading into the weekend of June 23-24th, the three other matches were postponed to a weekend in August because of the conditions of the grounds. I remember the rain had stopped by Sunday and East vs Wests went ahead at the Sports Ground and the ground had held up beautifully, it looked like a beautiful green carpet.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Wasn't a Test match postponed a few years ago in Brisbane? In first grade it was a fairly regular event in the 60s and 70s, but it would take a tsunami now due to TV obligations.
Yes. 2015. I lived in Paddington about 600m from Suncorp and we had 425mm of rain that day, about 300 of it in 2 hours. Was ridiculous.

Perth Red

Post Whore
At least it looks like bankwest has a good dripline! Wasnt windy but seemed everyone 5 rows back and beyond were nice and dry? Pitch held up well considering.

Last edited: