What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Crowd Watch

Suitman

Post Whore
Wellington Phoenix A-League team today played their first game back in NZ for 2 seasons after basing themselves here - in Wollongong, just like the Warriors have done on the Central Coast.
Attendance was 24105, the largest attendance of the regular A-League season so far and their largest regular season attendance ever.
Are the Warriors planning on returning to NZ anytime soon? If so, they should look at playing at Eden Park. They could get 50 k's there for their 1st game.

Vee

First Grade
Wellington Phoenix A-League team today played their first game back in NZ for 2 seasons after basing themselves here - in Wollongong, just like the Warriors have done on the Central Coast.
Attendance was 24105, the largest attendance of the regular A-League season so far and their largest regular season attendance ever.
Are the Warriors planning on returning to NZ anytime soon? If so, they should look at playing at Eden Park. They could get 50 k's there for their 1st game.
No, they've just announced they're here for the season and it's put the WC in doubt.

Suitman

Post Whore
No, they've just announced they're here for the season and it's put the WC in doubt.

Fair enough. Didn't know that.
I wonder why they aren't returning home?
Would be a great boost for them and there's no reason why they can't.
I like the Warriors.

T-Boon

Coach
Attendance was 24105,

Wow, any port in a storm I guess.

Dark Corner

Juniors
not a whole lot of Warriors fans up Gosford way. Didn’t really matter last year but I’m actually kinda surprised they didn’t look at playing at a Sydney venue this season to get more of the Sydney fan base to attend.
The crowd at Gosford looked decent and what a player Reece is :)

i think they're being too cautious

the kiwi sides in the super rugby are travelling back & forth
now their soccer team
their basketball team

its too .... chicken little .. to be worried about a tiny outbreak for mine

plus they're pushing for the finals too, playing in NZ would enhance their chances.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Havent heard anyone mention the Auckland fans .. ??

I know it's not nice for the players kids in schools and that.. but the NZ fans are the ones who financially fund the club ..

Without them there would be no NRL tv deal in NZ ..

Perth Red

Post Whore
Avg so far 13,880. On track for the worse crowd avg year in 20 years.
Covid concerns, rule changes, lack of competitive games, two clubs playing away from home, staleness about the nrl? what’s the reasons?

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
the game is dying. Infact, all sport is dying. the young kids just want to watch you tube and post to tick tok.

It has its challenges but speak of its demise may be a bit premature lol The women's game for example is booming and touch version continues to grow its participation at all age groups. I find kids now a days are far less likely to be committed long term to one sport. Every year my godkids are trying a different sport. Keeping kids engaged n one, or any after 13ish seems to be the hard part these days.
Doesn't help when the grassroots clubs struggle to buy equipment, parents have to find hundreds of $'s for registrations and kit and kids would rather emulate an EPL star or NBA star than an NRL one.

re crowds they are well down this year, maybe a few contributing factors or maybe a general demise in interest on the game. Time will tell.

Latest posts