What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Crowd Watch

Jamberoo

Juniors
I haven't heard anything officially, I thought that was just the word on the street. The NSW have put a feasibility study towards a penrith stadium upgrade though. I also just feel that they'll hold off on Kogarah, due to the Sharks saying they don't want to play there and st merge only playing half their games there

Edit: yeah I missed this https://www.theleader.com.au/story/...m-upgrade-raises-questions-on-aquatic-centre/
I guess Kogarah is ahead of Penrith for some reason
There is no way that $200m for Kogarah will pass the business case test.
And what is the reason that they are pushing for the stadium that is the least used, and the most recently upgraded, to get $200m spent on it?

Hartwood

Juniors
And what is the reason that they are pushing for the stadium that is the least used, and the most recently upgraded, to get $200m spent on it?
Marginal seat

6 games for kogarah
12 for penrith

both empty for 6 months of the year
neither is viable for 200m of taxpayers money for mine

Dark Corner

Juniors
6 games for kogarah
12 for penrith

both empty for 6 months of the year
neither is viable for 200m of taxpayers money for mine
Rugby League in Australia has a unhealthy habit of spending tax payers money on stadiums that don't pull extra crowds/and not used to the maximum.

yakstorm

First Grade
There is far more scope for Penrith to attract additional events or even teams, once upgraded, then Kogarah, but agree that it isn't a compelling use of funds.

Arguably the proposed Liverpool Stadium makes the most sense, with the Bulldogs, Tigers and Macarthur FC all expressing interest in playing out of it. It does raise questions though around what would happen to Campbelltown Sports Stadium then.

franklin2323

Immortal
There is far more scope for Penrith to attract additional events or even teams, once upgraded, then Kogarah, but agree that it isn't a compelling use of funds.

Arguably the proposed Liverpool Stadium makes the most sense, with the Bulldogs, Tigers and Macarthur FC all expressing interest in playing out of it. It does raise questions though around what would happen to Campbelltown Sports Stadium then.

I think that is behind it more than sport. Bankwest has hosted Concerts and stuff too. The plan seems to be have events spread out more across the city.

Dark Corner

Juniors
Nice to see a little climb at Central Coast but more work or ideal a team need to done on the Central Coast to get the 15000-20000 it used to get 10 year or so ago and would to see the 20000 crowd for the Souths v Eels game in South Sydney.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nice to see a little climb at Central Coast but more work or ideal a team need to done on the Central Coast to get the 15000-20000 it used to get 10 year or so ago and would to see the 20000 crowd for the Souths v Eels game in South Sydney.
When you combine the fact the pandemic is still a thing, the Warriors have played most games there and the interest in them has died off, and that the Roosters and Raiders aren't what you'd call top-drawing clubs, it's a harsh assessment.

Manly host WT later in the year, that will be your gauge.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Can’t be more than 3k - 4K at Kogarah tonight. That, combined with the lack of HD due to Gem having the tennis on, makes it hard watching despite a decent game.

Last edited: