What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Grand Final: Panthers V Souths

soc123_au

Staff member
I liked Kiki. She coped some dreadful abuse from some of the Penrith faithful. Most of it because she was female, didn't grow up a Penrith supporter.
The scales were taken from my eyes during that time about gender abuse. Some of it was pretty dreadful.
Yeah she was alright. I agree some of the shit she copped was over the top. I only gave her grief over being a souffs supporter, nothing to do with her gender.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yeah she was alright. I agree some of the shit she copped was over the top. I only gave her grief over being a souffs supporter, nothing to do with her gender.

I got to know her a little during that time. She was a good kid. Didn't always agree with what she said, but I agreed that she had the right to say it.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
What are you actually talking about Botany.

Are you putting others just because you think 'it's cool' ? Honestly who cares whether I person likes to have sex with a man or a woman. It's a personal choice. T
This type of language and behaviour I had thought went out in the 1970's.

Botany you're struggling to read the room here. All folks are welcome who support the mighty Penrith Panthers.
you're a bit slow luv

Have a look where the comment first was raised - one of your own

Have a look at this comment - one of your own
stop fkn whining u p00f*a, south’s fans giving up before the game - hate to see it

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
you're a bit slow luv

Have a look where the comment first was raised - one of your own

Have a look at this comment - one of your own

Call me slow if you like, I really don't care. I was replying to the coment that you made Botany.

I also don't care who started what, or what the other person said.

Your coment was rude and in poor taste.

I got a ban for sharing a picture of my daughter holding a vb stubby (2yo) while watching the game. I thought it was cute as she was teething so her cheeks were bright red.
I would have banned you too. I am guessing you are from down South by your name, but VB!?!? Really? Gotta give the next generation a chance….

I am not counting my chickens, but I was thinking about some of the comments I have read this week (on the broader LU) about Jarome.

There is a lot of hate for him, a lot of it about being cocky; with the difference between him and other cocky players being that Jarome ‘hasn’t won anything’.

Well, if we were lucky enough to win this week will people re-evaluate the claim he has done nothing? This years he was the half in a NSW side that won the SOO series (as an aside, how many halves pairings have won a SOO series and Premiership in the same year; Alfie and Kevvie (guessing), maybe Sterling and Bert), been an integral part of getting his team to two GFs in a row. And more broadly, Penrith’s resurgence has started since he came into the starting side. I know there are a number of factors to consider, but if you look at Jarome’s winning percentage as a starting half it must stack up against most in history.

So if we win this weekend, will the narrative change; will he have the right to be cocky? It probably should (and should already), but I am not holding my breath; he will still have a ‘punchable face’ (or whatever that means).

Cmon Alice. There are enough issues out there in society for social work and legal professionals to be looking at without following up on innocent situations like this

We all know children when teething are in agony, and as a parent you will try anything. I myself have used a beer bottle as it is about the right size and generally keep their cool.

For the avoidance of doubt I didn’t use VB.

Vicpanther

Juniors
Cmon Alice. There are enough issues out there in society for social work and legal professionals to be looking at without following up on innocent situations like this

We all know children when teething are in agony, and as a parent you will try anything. I myself have used a beer bottle as it is about the right size and generally keep their cool.

exactly this. 0 alcohol in the bottle.
but doesnt matter now its in the past and its the least of my concerns.

im more worried about getting through this grand final uninjured or should i say without reinjuring my knee.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

On the old Panthers forum It would have been removed because of message behind the image. Children and grog.

It's not a good look to have a young child holding a can of beer. I do know what I'm talking about too as a retired (although some years) Early Childhood Teacher (BTech).

Child protection (whether you like it or not) are quite strong in their thinking about this.

When working we had a young child come in with his backpack full of Jack Daniels cans. Little kid said 'he was bringing in Mummies cordial'. My boss spoke to the mum and then was obligated to report the incident to child protection.

This is why the photo would have been taken out. (and you perhaps were banned ?)

If a child's teething many other things can be used against a child's face rather than a can of beer.

(This is my last post on this topic hopefully)

On the old Panthers forum It would have been removed because of message behind the image. Children and grog.

It's not a good look to have a young child holding a can of beer. I do know what I'm talking about too as a retired (although some years) Early Childhood Teacher (BTech).

Child protection (whether you like it or not) are quite strong in their thinking about this.

When working we had a young child come in with his backpack full of Jack Daniels cans. Little kid said 'he was bringing in Mummies cordial'. My boss spoke to the mum and then was obligated to report the incident to child protection.

This is why the photo would have been taken out. (and you perhaps were banned ?)

If a child's teething many other things can be used against a child's face rather than a can of beer.

(This is my last post on this topic hopefully)
Respect your opinion Alice on this topic (particularly given your life experiences). Agree it’s time to start talking about footy again.

Go the might Penny Panthers…

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Some years ago Penrith Panthers had a club owned fan forum.

During that time Panthers employed a young woman called 'Kiki' (I won't share her last name because of privacy) to administor this forum. Kiki was considered to be the club's digi. (digital person for website and fan forum)

Kiki sadly coped some abuse (generally) from male fans of the club.

Iamback

Coach
I am not counting my chickens, but I was thinking about some of the comments I have read this week (on the broader LU) about Jarome.

There is a lot of hate for him, a lot of it about being cocky; with the difference between him and other cocky players being that Jarome ‘hasn’t won anything’.

Well, if we were lucky enough to win this week will people re-evaluate the claim he has done nothing? This years he was the half in a NSW side that won the SOO series (as an aside, how many halves pairings have won a SOO series and Premiership in the same year; Alfie and Kevvie (guessing), maybe Sterling and Bert), been an integral part of getting his team to two GFs in a row. And more broadly, Penrith’s resurgence has started since he came into the starting side. I know there are a number of factors to consider, but if you look at Jarome’s winning percentage as a starting half it must stack up against most in history.

So if we win this weekend, will the narrative change; will he have the right to be cocky? It probably should (and should already), but I am not holding my breath; he will still have a ‘punchable face’ (or whatever that means).

It is old dinosaurs getting stuck in because players in the old days didn't do it. We are more global and it is an NBA trait to be out there. So the players copy it

As for not winning anything. He has won 52 of 56 games he partnered Cleary in the halves since NYC.

They also made the SG Ball GF the season before that.
2015 won NYC. Cleary didn't play
2016 Luai was suspended for the finals. The side still made the GF. Cleary was in FG
2017 Luai was in the NSW Cup side that won the comp.

So if you add his total win % in a Panthers jersey it is huge. So he is used to winning if he carries on in lower grades and is successful then Bring it to the Top Grade.

Part of our success across the last 6 years is not having dud guys debut for us. Some don't develop like they should but overall they look good early on. So I say keep doing what makes you successful