What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Grand Final: Panthers V Souths

pantherz9103

First Grade
We did it the hard way but we got it done!! Brilliant defence and persistence with our game plan paid off with a premiership! All this Penrith squad and coaching staff are heroes. To have all those injuries and such epic tight finals would usually be too much for most teams to handle but we never lost sight of the ultimate goal. Just so proud and happy for the guys to win. Fully deserved to get the trophy after a great two years!!

Munted

Bench
We limped into the finals and GF with some battered and bruised blokes, would have been easy to give up after the Bunnies game.
Congrats to the team and club, absolutely awesome feeling and everyone deserves the off season after another prick of a covid year!
Time to celebrate everyone!

tripster

Juniors
I was a ball of nerves all week which reached its peak before kick off. I was on the edge of my seat right to the end of the game and shed tears when the final siren sounded.

What a season.

I remembered 1991 as a little kid, 2003 as a teenager and think I appreciate 2021 the most given the perspective that comes with adulthood, and knowing that (as much was I wish we go on and have a dynasty) I might not see another premiership in my life time.

Go the Panthers, 2021 Premiers!!!! I am sure all of us are going to be smiling for a very long time.

stryker

First Grade
It’s no secret I’m not much of a Panthers fan, but the way they have gone about the last three weeks, suffocating teams with great attacking games out of the contest has been very admirable.

During all three games I was awaiting the knockout blow that wouldn’t come. The game sealing tries from their oppositions were stifled and rejected. They were too good, despite their own inability to score freely. It’s been a long time since a mob with average attack during a finals series has won the premiership. Determined defence, amazing scramble and Cleary’s kicking. That is what the premiers of 2021 will be known for.

Congrats everybody, enjoy the success. 👍🏼

Original Name

Juniors
What's the most frightening about Cleary is he put it through the hands a few times on last when he would usually put through a grubber. Despite having the most accurate kicking in the comp he still didn't want to do it for fear of something not going right. If he gets really confident to kick like he usually would in the regular season his kicking is going to be truly unstoppable. And he still forced 5 drop outs. If this was a video game his kicking would need to be nerfed.

Munky

Coach
What's the most frightening about Cleary is he put it through the hands a few times on last when he would usually put through a grubber. Despite having the most accurate kicking in the comp he still didn't want to do it for fear of something not going right. If he gets really confident to kick like he usually would in the regular season his kicking is going to be truly unstoppable. And he still forced 5 drop outs. If this was a video game his kicking would need to be nerfed.

I assume this was the game plan, trap then in their half rather than a seven tackle se

age.s

First Grade
I still can't quite believe it. I know "adversity" is a bit of a meme on this site but so much shit has not gone our way this year. 5 of our best in Too, Edwards, Api, Fish and Cleary all out for extended periods and Cleary coming back with only 1.5 shoulders. Many other little changes and minor injuries. Half the team out for Origin. The timing and precision hasn't been there for months. It would have been so easy to just let the intensity drop for a moment in these last 3 weeks, bow out and let the excuses wash over them. But they didn't do that. They fought with every little bit they had and did it the impossible way. I would have been proud of any premiership win the club managed, but to do it like this is incredibly special.

More than anything its a testament to the coaching staff and club culture. We have some great players, but without that strength this season would have been written off months ago. Every damn one of them should take an extended bow. Well f**king played the lot of you.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
No surprises, but the work bringing the ball back out of our own end from Dylan and Brian was probably the difference in the end. There back three couldn’t get the same metres given our swarming defence and in the end that was probably the difference.

After the game both Dylan and Brian could barely walk. Cleary so brave too along with Fish and Moses.

Thrilled and relieved.

Original Name

Juniors
I assume this was the game plan, trap then in their half rather than a seven tackle se
I think for Cleary it might have been more so fear of a defender hitting a Souths players on the way through to chase and Taffe making a big run with his speed through the resulting gap. But Luai can hit it dead every now and then. He probably didn't kick in good ball areas to avoid one.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It’s no secret I’m not much of a Panthers fan, but the way they have gone about the last three weeks, suffocating teams with great attacking games out of the contest has been very admirable.

During all three games I was awaiting the knockout blow that wouldn’t come. The game sealing tries from their oppositions were stifled and rejected. They were too good, despite their own inability to score freely. It’s been a long time since a mob with average attack during a finals series has won the premiership. Determined defence, amazing scramble and Cleary’s kicking. That is what the premiers of 2021 will be known for.

Congrats everybody, enjoy the success. 👍🏼

Stryker thanks so much for you heart felt words. I appreciate it.