What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Grand Final: Souths v Penrith Oct 3rd

Noise

Coach
I hope Penrith lose. Losing consecutive grand finals would be soul destroying.
The last team to do it was the Dragons in 92 and 93. They went onto another grand final 3 years later in 96 and lost. Then again in 99 for another loss.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Say it ever year, gee I hate a night GF!

Should be an afternoon game!!

Never feels like GF day…..only consolation this year, is can’t haven’t anyone over due to COVID…….

strider

Post Whore
I prefer it tbh. For some reason I am not that excited about the game.
yeah I've come to like evening GF

and yeah I am not particularly excited ..... it may be partly cos of the lack of u20s + reserve grade that NSW people know

maybe come game time will get a bit more interested

get yolandi to pump you up hindy

hindy111

Post Whore
yeah I've come to like evening GF

and yeah I am not particularly excited ..... it may be partly cos of the lack of u20s + reserve grade that NSW people know

maybe come game time will get a bit more interested

get yolandi to pump you up hindy

I've gone of Penrith a little. Got sick of hearing the phrase SUPER TEAM. I mean reality is their finals campaign was a Loss to Souths and win against us without a hooker by a penalty goal and beat the Storm who lost two of their best players.
And Gould carrying in like he made all this happen. There is something to be said about winning and being humble about it.
Rooster built a super team as did the Storm. This Penrith side is no better then the Sharks or Cowboys GF wins. That's if they win. Their just not that dominant.

strider

Post Whore
I've gone of Penrith a little. Got sick of hearing the phrase SUPER TEAM. I mean reality is their finals campaign was a Loss to Souths and win against us without a hooker by a penalty goal and beat the Storm who lost two of their best players.
And Gould carrying in like he made all this happen. There is something to be said about winning and being humble about it.
Rooster built a super team as did the Storm. This Penrith side is no better then the Sharks or Cowboys GF wins. That's if they win. Their just not that dominant.
Turncoat

Get back onboard and smash those f**king rabbits

strider

Post Whore
I think the ruff will have learnt from last year - wont be slow starters this time.

Will be tight but penrith will score a couple of late tries to win 13+ ... Isaah Yeo for the clive medal

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Obviously eels/storm struggled to score against the panthers. Panthers defence is pretty good!

but south’s also have Walker, Storm/Eels didn’t really have someone on par with his current form.

Are panthers smashed up? South’s fresh? Or panthers battle harden. South’s defence was pretty average last week but have the Super coach …

Interesting game…

Anyhow go south’s….if panthers win at least we can say the premiers knocked us out…

TheParraboy

Staff member
You would assume the Ruff would put enormous coverage on Walker late in the tackle count. Would also force Souths to make Reynolds to kick more often and test his dodgy leg out

Majority of Souths players have only played 2 games in 6 weeks

Love Souths to win, but I reckon the Ruff get there by 13+

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Panfers were very lucky against us and just seem to get over the line lately, just can't see them outscoring the Bunnies

hindy111

Post Whore
I think the ruff will have learnt from last year - wont be slow starters this time.

Will be tight but penrith will score a couple of late tries to win 13+ ... Isaah Yeo for the clive medal

Message from Mik.
Screenshot_20211003-133822_Messages.jpg