What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What I mean is that Penrith had first choice of what jersey to wear since they were the home team, and since they for some reason decided to wear their away jersey at home, the tigers had to make sure their jersey did not clash with Penrith's pink.
I know this, but the NRL can step in if there's a pending clash, and probably did in this instance. The Tigers do not have a jersey which doesn't clash with Penrith's main/home (or heritage for that matter) - the orange one has a lot of black - so the NRL may have requested Penrith don the pink to allow for less clashing.
Black vs orange or black vs pink looks much better than pink vs orange. Penrith being the home team get to choose what they want. Tigers home kit would have looked much better against the Panthers in pink. This is why I hate the concept of ‘home and away’, it should be a ‘main and a clash’. If Penrith do wear their home, the tigers away still has such a large amount of black that’s it’s not a great matchup
Even in pink, the Panthers use black shorts so they probably wanted to go with the most contrast, so asked Tigers for orange.

yakstorm

First Grade
The numbers only appear to be super small on their white kit

4663452aaa1c365deda14bc976d4209b

Knights Heritage kit appears to have a similar issue, especially compared to the Titans numbers in this photo.

images

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I know this, but the NRL can step in if there's a pending clash, and probably did in this instance. The Tigers do not have a jersey which doesn't clash with Penrith's main/home (or heritage for that matter) - the orange one has a lot of black - so the NRL may have requested Penrith don the pink to allow for less clashing.

Even in pink, the Panthers use black shorts so they probably wanted to go with the most contrast, so asked Tigers for orange.
I’d say black shorts and pink shirt vs black shorts and orange shirt clashes more than black shorts and pink shirt vs black shorts and black shirt.
….. if that makes sense

Tigers1986

Juniors
re: Wests - it's why a lot of folks have pushed for an alternate strip that is mostly white so we avoid said clashes. 2014 iirc we had mainly Black for campbelltown, mainly orange for leichhardt and then the striped hoops for away/neutral venues. The hooped jersey is up there with one of my favourites.

wazdog

Juniors
Rabbitohs home jersey this weekend with have the "Aqualand" text removed from the logo and will instead include the names of 17 fans who were chosen through a social media style competition.

The Rabbitohs players will wear special one-off jerseys in Saturday’s game, with each individual jersey featuring the name of a Rabbitohs supporter in place of the Club’s major home corporate partner Aqualand. The jerseys will then be signed and gifted to those Rabbitohs supporters after the match to thank them for their ongoing support of South Sydney.
Rabbitohs Team List for Round 25 - Rabbitohs

Last edited by a moderator:

It's Been Done

Juniors
Will Cronulla be wearing their 1995 Heritage jersey on Friday night? I think that's the last of the new jerseys across the league for this year that hasn't been used yet

Hit The Post

Juniors
Will Cronulla be wearing their 1995 Heritage jersey on Friday night? I think that's the last of the new jerseys across the league for this year that hasn't been used yet
Correct, it is the last jersey not confirmed to be worn this year, but unfortunately there is nothing on the Cronulla website.

Last edited:

yakstorm

First Grade
images

Really felt like the Titan's 'City' jersey lacked some gold when watching the team play yesterday, otherwise thought it was an alright kit.

It's Been Done

Juniors
Which means we will probably get the opposite. Pretty sure it's Souths who get to choose due to their win in Week 1, but I'm not 100% certain about it.
I think the NRL will go to the ladder to determine who's the home team, which will make Penrith the home team in this case, but no doubt Souths will want to wear their home strip which could cause a contrast issue

Latest posts