What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

It great that both teams are wearing their home. But I’ve always preferred the green, red & white as their main jersey since they’re sticking with the additional colours.

GAZF

First Grade
I know Souths has an Asterix but arnt we happy both teams are wearing home jerseys ffs
I'd much rather they had their classic white rabbit on a recent GF jersey.

If Souffs can't structure their commercial partnerships to allow for reasonable flexibility in games like this, then the NRL should tell them to shove it up their arse and make them wear plain white from head to toe. It would be a shitshow if every club was given the same preferential treatment on this front.

At an absolute minimum, they could wear their home jersey with away shorts. Better than nothing.

kdalymc

Bench
I'd much rather they had their classic white rabbit on a recent GF jersey.

If Souffs can't structure their commercial partnerships to allow for reasonable flexibility in games like this, then the NRL should tell them to shove it up their arse and make them wear plain white from head to toe. It would be a shitshow if every club was given the same preferential treatment on this front.

At an absolute minimum, they could wear their home jersey with away shorts. Better than nothing.
Your starting to sound like timmah.... But nah I do agree their away jersey in general is a better look. And would be a better contrast here

MugaB

Coach
Yes, we're all well aware of your general anti-pragmatist stance.
Stubborn tooffless cretins, panthers are the home team, the contrast side on will be black on black, with both teams having black shorts and black side panel, souffs are the away side, so should be wearing the white away strip....
Maybe panthers will wear pink last minute just to stick it to them, fancy the garbage this week from conversion placement to trainers allowance on field, they must have realised, that panthers threw the 1st match, no team can learn defense that quick after 50blot losses by storm and panthers, it takes seasons to hone in defence, they've never been good at it, super flighty as, and going neck and neck in defensive attitude with the likes of the titans all year. Every dirty scabby trick in the book of fueds hey rusty?

Last edited:

GAZF

First Grade
Stubborn tooffless cretins, panthers are the home team, the contrast side on will be black on black, with both teams having black shorts and black side panel, souffs are the away side, so should be wearing the white away strip....
Maybe panthers will wear pink last minute just to stick it to them, fancy the garbage this week from conversion placement to trainers allowance on field, they must have realised, that panthers threw the 1st match, no team can learn defense that quick after 50blot losses by storm and panthers, it takes seasons to hone in defence, they've never been good at it, super flighty as, and going neck and neck in defensive attitude with the likes of the titans all year. Every dirty scabby trick in the book of fueds hey rusty?
Can't argue with that.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I don’t have a problem with both teams wearing their home. If anything I prefer it for the GF. Souths having seperate sponsors for home and away is annoying

Nuke

Staff member
Lamenting the lack of on-field paint. Premiership logo and QLD tourism logo on halfway, that's it. Everything else digital.
No special Grand Final patches on the jerseys. No club logos painted on the field.

Doesn't look or feel very 'Grand Final'ish to me.

The empty seats in the crowd don't help, but that's out of the NRL's control.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
White would have contrasted better, but if black kit is their main identity then I’m fine with it. I could clearly tell them apart