What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

gzerounian

Juniors
These rumoured Warriors short's combos are f**ked...
The white shorts are a MUST with the blue jersey. Manly have ditched the white shorts for a few seasons now and they haven't looked very "Manly". It reminds me of the Italian soccer team changing their shorts to blue and when Argentina stopped wearing black shorts in recent world cups... just wasn't the same.

DtotheE

Juniors
Haha love these forums... it’s just - put up a New Jersey, watch you guys whinge and complain about how bad they are!! Haha every time!!! Never fails to be entertaining!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Haha love these forums... it’s just - put up a New Jersey, watch you guys whinge and complain about how bad they are!! Haha every time!!! Never fails to be entertaining!
Literally the same as any other form of social media :rofl:

Timmah

Staff member
The white shorts are a MUST with the blue jersey. Manly have ditched the white shorts for a few seasons now and they haven't looked very "Manly". It reminds me of the Italian soccer team changing their shorts to blue and when Argentina stopped wearing black shorts in recent world cups... just wasn't the same.
White shorts with a dark jersey creates contrast issues and makes it more difficult to for opposition teams to wear something that is easily differentiated. I imagine that might be what's behind it.

flippikat

Bench

I personally don't mind the Warriors changing to a "matching shorts and top" combo for home and away. It makes colour (and shade) clashes easier to manage.

As a Warriors fan, I'm not particularly attached to the white shorts - it's the JERSEY that means more to me. Especially how the club has chopped and changed it so many times, even changing the whole set of colours. Getting the home and away jerseys back to 1995-6 designs has been a long road, but we're THERE. Thank goodness.

I hope this years home & away kit marks the start of a LONG era of brand stability.

Timmah

Staff member
I personally don't mind the Warriors changing to a "matching shorts and top" combo for home and away. It makes colour (and shade) clashes easier to manage.

As a Warriors fan, I'm not particularly attached to the white shorts - it's the JERSEY that means more to me. Especially how the club has chopped and changed it so many times, even changing the whole set of colours. Getting the home and away jerseys back to 1995-6 designs has been a long road, but we're THERE. Thank goodness.

I hope this years home & away kit marks the start of a LONG era of brand stability.
I tend to agree but after years of black being the core colour it's frustrating we now have ANOTHER team using blue as their primary.

flippikat

Bench
I tend to agree but after years of black being the core colour it's frustrating we now have ANOTHER team using blue as their primary.

I get your point, however the Warriors are just returning to (reclaiming?) their original colours after a lengthy detour through black kits (with various other colours as trim or V).

I can understand that the move to black was largely a move from Eric Watson's administration to distance the his then-new NZ Warriors brand from the old Auckland Warriors entity (to put a long story short), but it feels good to see Autex embrace the original brand now.

If you have a problem with it being another blue team, the blame would need to be leveled at the mid-90s NSWRL/ARL administration that approved that original Warriors design in the first place.

Anyway... while we don't need another blue team now, the logjam we *do* have can be mitigated by decent away/alternate jerseys that contrast well with the opposing team. That's where the matching shorts come in.. and also partly why I'm so glad the white alternate is back.

To be honest, having a blue home and a black away (like this year) was a bone-headed decision.. because it provided no contrast, the team ended up using the mostly-white "Little General" Superleague inspired jersey as a clash jersey.. not the official black away jersey.

We're not gonna have THAT problem next year. :)

GAZF

First Grade
White shorts with a dark jersey creates contrast issues and makes it more difficult to for opposition teams to wear something that is easily differentiated. I imagine that might be what's behind it.
Wear the dark jersey with white shorts as a primary preference and swap in blue shorts if something is deemed a clash and the Warriors are the away team. Same for Manly.

flippikat

Bench
Wear the dark jersey with white shorts as a primary preference and swap in blue shorts if something is deemed a clash and the Warriors are the away team. Same for Manly.

Yeah, similar to what the Cowboys have done. That makes a lot of sense.

To be honest, the combination of jersey and shorts being rather fluid doesn't worry me too much, so long as it results in a clear contrast.

Timmah

Staff member
Henson Park fan say hello! BLUEBAGS!!!!!
If we were living in 1983 maybe...
I get your point, however the Warriors are just returning to (reclaiming?) their original colours after a lengthy detour through black kits (with various other colours as trim or V).

I can understand that the move to black was largely a move from Eric Watson's administration to distance the his then-new NZ Warriors brand from the old Auckland Warriors entity (to put a long story short), but it feels good to see Autex embrace the original brand now.

If you have a problem with it being another blue team, the blame would need to be leveled at the mid-90s NSWRL/ARL administration that approved that original Warriors design in the first place.

Anyway... while we don't need another blue team now, the logjam we *do* have can be mitigated by decent away/alternate jerseys that contrast well with the opposing team. That's where the matching shorts come in.. and also partly why I'm so glad the white alternate is back.

To be honest, having a blue home and a black away (like this year) was a bone-headed decision.. because it provided no contrast, the team ended up using the mostly-white "Little General" Superleague inspired jersey as a clash jersey.. not the official black away jersey.

We're not gonna have THAT problem next year. :)
This bit of your post is basically my thoughts - although in fairness 4 teams joined at once and the other three had fairly unique colouring combos.

RE: the away jersey this year, i think they used the Te Mangopare (silver with the dark patterned vee) as clash, not the 97 themed one. That was 2019 I believe.

flippikat

Bench
If we were living in 1983 maybe...

This bit of your post is basically my thoughts - although in fairness 4 teams joined at once and the other three had fairly unique colouring combos.

RE: the away jersey this year, i think they used the Te Mangopare (silver with the dark patterned vee) as clash, not the 97 themed one. That was 2019 I believe.

Whoops, yeah.. got my years mixed up. But I stand corrected. We shouldn't have a situation where any club uses an "event" jersey as a de facto away/alternate.

Every club needs a home jersey, and an alternate that contrasts with the home. Simple as that.

Jackson Allison

Juniors
Different images of the Rabbitohs 2021 Home and Away Jerseys have been released on Savvy Supporter. The green on the Away Jersey is quite different to the green on the Home Jersey. Interestingly, the Away has Souths Cares as sleeve sponsor, while the one in the official release on the club store has Crown Resorts as sleeve sponsor. Does anyone have any information regarding this?
rabbitohs_mens_players_home_jersfey_ssp21mhj_front.png

rabbitohs_retail_youth_away_jersey-ssr21yaj_front.jpg

hellteam

First Grade
Seems to me like the "colour rush" (same colour top and shorts) fad is creeping in from the NFL

sempmrh

Juniors
Different images of the Rabbitohs 2021 Home and Away Jerseys have been released on Savvy Supporter. The green on the Away Jersey is quite different to the green on the Home Jersey. Interestingly, the Away has Souths Cares as sleeve sponsor, while the one in the official release on the club store has Crown Resorts as sleeve sponsor. Does anyone have any information regarding this?

The away jersey there will be an image of the kids version. The green only looks different because they're two different styles of images.

Timmah

Staff member

One is a render, the other is just an illustration.

The greens will be the same - as per the physical images shown previously with players posing in them.

DtotheE

Juniors
Is it just me or is the nib logo bigger on the home jersey?
Great to see no changes for the Knights - about time they stopped dicking with the design, throw a nines/women’s/indigenous/charity/members jersey in every year and that is enough, but home and away balance is great, leave it like that long term!

The Marshall

Juniors

The jersey with Souths Cares could be children's sized jersey. They don't put gambling or alcoholic sponsors on those.