What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Good call. A simple break in the stripes where the numbers go would work fine - having a big white or black box for the numbers kinda disrupts the "all red" vibe, and a black box would probably veer little too close to the Sharks jersey for some Dragons fans ;)
Yeah that was my thought process, I just can’t English good...

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I think the dragons home jersey but inverted with some stripes on the sleeves/shoulders and shorts would look good as their away

Saint Doc

Coach
I think that’s been a common theme this year. Off the top of my head, I thought Dragons alternate, Parramatta alternate and Storm home were all disappointing up close. But on field I think they’ve all looked great.

Raiders home jersey was the most criticised of all. As with the above 3, looks great on field. The back of the jersey is almost all green, meaning on field the navy doesn’t dominate too much at all.

sempmrh

Juniors
I know it’s been said time and time again but the Dragons should be wearing a simple, red, Steelers-style jersey as their alternate. It just makes too much sense. I understand that they want to emphasise the red V but realistically they wouldn’t need to wear it that often anyway.

Saint Doc

Coach
I know it’s been said time and time again but the Dragons should be wearing a simple, red, Steelers-style jersey as their alternate. It just makes too much sense. I understand that they want to emphasise the red V but realistically they wouldn’t need to wear it that often anyway.

They don’t sell. Kids who were 5years old when the joint venture was formed are now 28 years old. Steelers have been dead longer than they were alive. They also no longer have a financial stake it the club. There is not the demand for Steelers jerseys that people think.

ToddTank

Juniors
Castore showed how Pathetic their material is today, with Josh Morris jersey ripping after he caught the ball near the Roosters try line and hardly got grabbed by a tigers player.

I’ll be surprised if the Roosters and Melbourne keep Castore for the final 4 years of their deals.

This reminds me of 2001 when Roosters had Kappa, and by mid season ended up having ISC due to the lack of strength in the Material. They had more rips in jerseys that first half of the season than Canterbury Bankstown players had high school girls in their hotel rooms.

flippikat

Bench
Raiders jersey is nice... it's just not a "Raiders" jersey. Much like their 2000-02 jerseys.

Spot on. Green & navy or green & black would be a great look for an expansion team in the NRL - but it's NOT the Raiders.

Oh, and the team numbers shouldn't be white - far too tough to read.

sempmrh

Juniors
They don’t sell. Kids who were 5years old when the joint venture was formed are now 28 years old. Steelers have been dead longer than they were alive. They also no longer have a financial stake it the club. There is not the demand for Steelers jerseys that people think.
How did that fully red jersey with the tattoo dragon all over the front sell?

Saint Doc

Coach
Anyone else notice that Castore Storm and Roosters jerseys are almost identical. Only difference is thing purple V as opposed to thicker, lower red V. Navy triangle at the top is identical

2BBE6566-7EAC-4675-96E7-DC8DB1F3348C.jpeg

Saint Doc

Coach
How did that fully red jersey with the tattoo dragon all over the front sell?

Not sure specifically, but it was raised years ago with Peter Doust about why we didn’t just keep RedV home and Steelers alternate. Answer was- Steelers don’t sell. Need to be reserved every now and then as heritage, not permanent

Saint Doc

Coach
The only issue I have with the Dragons alternate is the numbers on the back - if the white lines are going to go all the way around, then the white numbers should have the "gap" filled in with either black or red (or black numbers with white or red trim). Otherwise the lines should stop around a box for the numbers. It just looks cheap with the white lines cutting through white numbers.

You can see clearly here that Cowboys have the space “filled in” with navy, where as our numbers have a void between the number and outline, allowing the stripe to continue through it. Easy fix if anyone at the club has even noticed

GAZF

First Grade
Spot on. Green & navy or green & black would be a great look for an expansion team in the NRL - but it's NOT the Raiders.

Oh, and the team numbers shouldn't be white - far too tough to read.
I can see why they went with white numbers - so the back of the jersey isn't too navy - but they were tough to read at times. Should have went the souths route of white numbers with a single thick navy outline.