What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Missed my point dick head.
To be more nitpicky, it's technically the national championship, the state championship is what each comp is playing for.
You reckon I would've pointed out if I didn't know what I was talking about?

upload_2021-3-18_19-17-21.png

It's the State Championship because it's between two states.

And I didn't miss your point at all, because others had clearly already addressed the fact you had NFI what you were talking about.

kdalymc

Bench
It's the State Championship because it's between two states.
yeah i know what its called, its incorrect
every other sport on earth its called the national championship.
last month i played in the state championship for oz tag- only qld teams.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
yeah i know what its called, its incorrect
every other sport on earth its called the national championship.
last month i played in the state championship for oz tag- only qld teams.
LOL, it's incorrect because you want to argue semantics?

The NRL calls it the NRL State Championship. That's what it's called. Not "a superbowl", not a "national championship", it's the NRL State Championship. end of story.

GAZF

First Grade
This might be a bit pedantic but something looks off about the Bulldogs jersey. The sponsor needs to come up slightly, it's too low and looks wrong imo....
View attachment 46713
Probably something to do with Laundy Hotel's style guidelines requiring x amount of whitespace around the logo. These kind of guidelines have their place in general use, but their rigidity for special case uses ends up in sub-optimal design. Surely they'd have more exposure if the logo was as per your suggestion, and would have a big arrow pointing directly at it. Steggles appears to be of this opinion too.

Probably something to do with Laundy Hotel's style guidelines requiring x amount of whitespace around the logo. These kind of guidelines have their place in general use, but their rigidity for special case uses ends up in sub-optimal design. Surely they'd have more exposure if the logo was as per your suggestion, and would have a big arrow pointing directly at it. Steggles appears to be of this opinion too.

Good point re branding guidelines...

I reckon the marketing departments of jumper sponsors would be equally inflexible about brand guidelines which has led to so many boxed patterns on nrl gear.

Dawesy76

Juniors
Broncos away looks good on the field.

Check out their shorts side panels. Perfect upside down heritage jersey there.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Missed my point dick head.
To be more nitpicky, it's technically the national championship, the state championship is what each comp is playing for.

The literal name comes from the fact that it is the contest between "State" competitions. (if the Vic State Cup gets good enough, they could join too).

Rhetorically, it is because people generally consider "State" to be one level below "National" (Eg. State Government - National Government) which is perfect for a Second Grade competition that does not want to specifically call itself "the Second best comp".

If you want to nitpick shitty naming conventions, remember that the "National Rugby League Premiership" is literally "National South English Town Competition Competition".

I think the State Championship is doing ok...

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
peerless they we're the days. they still have a factory in Newtown or Canterbury (I think)
Funny that, i have a match worn penrith panthers jersey from the 90s, and the famous pub trivia question was "who made the licorice allsorts panthers jersey?" The general consensus goes Dahdah uniforms, obviously as they are the major sponsor, but they never made footy gear, just work gear, police uniforms etc... but it's actually peerless international.

The tag on the jumper has their phone number etched onto it.... extremely Australian! Peerless international
Now back then jerseys weren't as steep to pay for, and the quality was extremely good, $160 spent on a peerless jersey is well worth it, better than the drivel that gets produced now

Last edited: