What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Judiciary Charges

How many weeks for Mitchell

Votes: 1 3.3%

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 4+

Votes: 27 90.0%

• Total voters

yobbo84

First Grade
Curran copping the "no name" loading.
He's being punished for having a tough head. It was a head clash. If he got knocked out too would he be charged? Is every head clash where one opponent comes out worse off going to see the other bloke charged now? Insane.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
If you could all dial down the outrage, NRL.com incorrectly reported Curran is facing 3-5 weeks.

He's facing 1-2 weeks, as per the correct graphic in our tweet.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It appears that a lot of people haven't realised that what was posted from NRL.com was wrong and Curran's only facing 1-2 weeks?

no name

Coach
It appears that a lot of people haven't realised that what was posted from NRL.com was wrong and Curran's only facing 1-2 weeks?
He shouldn’t have even been penalised. The worst part of that tackle is Maumalo’s half assed shoulder charge.

Also, Pereira should fight his, Tedesco’s head is at rib height when he makes contact, was commited to the tackle, even the commentators wank on about how quick the ball movement is.

no name

Coach
I feel a bit awkward posting this because it was my team that was on the end of it. I don't want to use it as an excuse for the loss because we would have lost to Melbourne last night with or without Cecchin and Chiddy's shit.

But how bad was their decision to sin bin Curran off for an accidental head clash?

I'd imagine there'll be some sort of hollow apology and brief acknowledgement that they got it wrong again with no real action taken to look at how, with all of the professionalism and technology and staffing, they got it so terribly wrong and do so continually. Everybody watching that live didn't see anything in it and having the benefit of replays only confirmed it further.

The refereeing of Matt Cecchin last night was atrocious over 80 minutes and he shouldn't be involved with a game next week. I actually think he should join Perenara in retirement. Chris Sutton was running the touchline last night and he is a much better referee than Cecchin.

And Chiddy can piss right off for good.
The MRC have jumped in on the action and charged Curran and he is facing a suspension.
Surely the Warriors fight it.

1f4f0802-c948-492f-9db0-90558e04c10d-jpeg.47905

Not much difference to me....except Talakai 4-6 weeks, Rooster not charged. Even Rava's hit which was nowhere near the head is looking at 2-4 weeks.

The_Frog

First Grade
I cannot believe they have charged Josh Curran. Grade 2 careless?!?! And they only gave Pereira a Grade 3 careless (same base points penalty as Latrell's charge).

WTF is going on, this is padded-room level insanity.
The Latrell hit that got him suspended looked intentional.

Diesel

Referee
Curran should get off but this is a Kiwi based team in an Australian competition that has based themselves in another’s country for 1 1/2 seasons to keep the competition going and nearly lost their major sponsor due to inept competition mismanagement until there was a public outcry ... there will be no favouritism here