What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Judiciary Charges

How many weeks for Mitchell

Votes: 1 3.3%

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 4+

Votes: 27 90.0%

• Total voters

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty clear there has. Barely a game goes by without at least one charge. The number of charges in round 9 (14) was an all time record. 8 of them involved contact to the head. This is from Graham Annesley.
4 Friday, 10 Saturday = 14 so far with three games to go.

Record is now equalled, and can be set again today.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Haha we need to take the early pleas on all those because we are more or less dead to rights

But we are gonna get slaughtered by the storm

The_Frog

First Grade
Papalii will miss Origin 1 if he pleads guilty and Origin 2 as well if he fights the charge and loses. He should plead guilty. It was a nasty hit and 300 points base is pretty lenient.

skeepe

Immortal
Hodgson’s looked bad but it was a direct response to an eye gouge. Why isn’t Thompson on the charge sheet for that?

Why wasn’t Seumanufagai put in the bin for his late dog shot?

There was a shoulder charge to the head in the Bunnies/Sharks game, why no grade 3 charge from that game?

The Raiders are being stitched up good and proper by the NRL and I’m f**king sick of it.

skeepe

Immortal
Papalii will miss Origin 1 if he pleads guilty and Origin 2 as well if he fights the charge and loses. He should plead guilty. It was a nasty hit and 300 points base is pretty lenient.

The f**king idiot ducked at the last second. If we’re going to rub people out for 3 weeks for that, we’re going to have half the comp on the sidelines.

Bazal

Post Whore
Papalii a bit hard done by IMO.

Deserves a suspension but I didn't think it was as bad as Niukore. Granted Teddy did his self-hip-drop on Marata but his was a genuine shoulder charge tbh

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Papalii a bit hard done by IMO.

Deserves a suspension but I didn't think it was as bad as Niukore. Granted Teddy did his self-hip-drop on Marata but his was a genuine shoulder charge tbh
priors are what's killed Paps tho. 2-3 weeks without them. 3-5 because he had a similar and non-similar in the bank

yobbo84

First Grade
There was a shoulder charge to the head in the Bunnies/Sharks game, why no grade 3 charge from that game?

Watch the Su'A hit at full speed - he wouldn't have bruised a tomato. It was about 5% the force of Papalii's.

I think all these charges show the overreaction. Grade 1 careless should NOT be a sin bin.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yet a try was disallowed due to the Martin incident.
Because it was deemed foul play. I don't necessarily agree with the call myself, but it was a penalty at the time.

Fancy complaining about it when you have +114837234982742986495875345 differential and won the game 42-12 :joy:

ACTPanthers

Bench
Because it was deemed foul play. I don't necessarily agree with the call myself, but it was a penalty at the time.

Fancy complaining about it when you have +114837234982742986495875345 differential and won the game 42-12 :joy:
There's no pleasing some people mate...

The_Frog

First Grade
Contact was still high, not every high tackle is reportable. Penalty was sufficient.
I can accept that putting up the bumper bars is a penalty, but it should be a penalty every time, not only when a try is scored and the bloke in the bunker is trying to bignote himself.

The other thing is that the bunker though it was chargeable, so it was put on report. But he wasn't charged and maybe it shouldn't have been called back in the first place.