What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Knights rep players

Loose Cannon

Bench
Went well in a dominant team effort. Some solid runs, try was replay of his efforts close to the line when scored for us. Like to see it more.

Two consecutive errors at the back end were brain fades. Like to see it less.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
Dan did his job, but as @Loose Cannon said, those 2 drop balls near the end are very Dan Saifiti, and I wish he'd get them out of his game. All well and good to do that when you've put 50 points on, but when the game is close that shit hurts.

Knight Tales

Juniors
D Saf is certainly making a name for himself in the origin arena. Hasn’t letting Tariq go bitten us on the arse! I would sign him twice tomorrow.

Burwood

Bench
Once he got his try, you could tell he was going to get a bit loose. They talk about the effort of NSW to stop QLD scoring with 3 minutes to go, but Saifiti’s efforts at the end were the opposite of what the coach would be expecting.

It’s what sets our club apart from the ruthless teams like Melbourne and Penrith, and you’d want more from a club captain. Hopefully he takes it on board. Other than the last 5 minutes, a really strong game though.

perverse

Referee
D Saf is certainly making a name for himself in the origin arena. Hasn’t letting Tariq go bitten us on the arse! I would sign him twice tomorrow.
I doubt he'd be playing like that if he was still with us, and that's our problem. Players don't play their best football in Newcastle.

Burwood

Bench
We didn’t exactly let Tariq go- from memory he didn’t take up the player option for another season at the club and grabbed a long-term contract with saints instead.

Tariq got too comfortable with us. He loved the place. Settle down, turn up and cruise along. Best thing for him was to shake him up.

With all the talk about changes Qld need to make I didn't hear Ponga mentioned.
If he's fit does he slot into 6?

perverse

Referee
Tariq got too comfortable with us. He loved the place. Settle down, turn up and cruise along. Best thing for him was to shake him up.

I hope not, to be honest. I don't see what value Kalyn would bring over DCE or Munster in the halves. If he's picked, it'll be at fullback. I wish they wouldn't, because the last thing we need is him getting smashed in Origin and missing even more football for us, but if he's fit I daresay he'll be there with a tonne of pressure to make a difference in turning them around.

GidleyTwinz

Juniors
There is no reason to pick KP at 6. Both because he's their clear best option at fullback, and because Munster is literally the only player in their backline that isn't a problem.

I'd be more interested, given the fiasco with picking him while clearly unavailable this week, and the bad history with Green whether he just doesn't make himself available for game 2.

perverse

Referee
There is no reason to pick KP at 6. Both because he's their clear best option at fullback, and because Munster is literally the only player in their backline that isn't a problem.

I'd be more interested, given the fiasco with picking him while clearly unavailable this week, and the bad history with Green whether he just doesn't make himself available for game 2.
I'm actually not sure it's an option for a player to pick and choose when they play rep football. Obviously there are exceptions, but I don't think the Origin teams take lightly to a player saying "nah, I don't want to play this year".

Old dog

Juniors
Thought we totally outplayed Qld, see scoreboard, thought Holmes at f/b was quite good and can’t see a change at 6 & 7 for them so Ponga might not be risked, hope so.
Our whole side played strong so barring injury/suspension expect the same 17. Cleary had an exceptional game, on that form he is the new Aust 7.

ryana87

Juniors
You would think Angus would be straight in to the starting side with Cam Murray probably dropped to bench.

I wasn't too impressed with Paulo, but can't think of a frf to replace him..... So I think Martin will probably be the unlucky one

Yosh

Coach
I think QLD will do everything they can to have Ponga back I at fullback. Val and Coates on the wing and they need to find a better centre.

Regardless of their backline, can't see them winning another game j less something drastic happens in their forwards. As good as Fifita is, he is a bully against weaker sides but ain't going to inspire the team in any sort or form.

Will Friz be back before Origin is over?

ryana87

Juniors
I think QLD will do everything they can to have Ponga back I at fullback. Val and Coates on the wing and they need to find a better centre.

Regardless of their backline, can't see them winning another game j less something drastic happens in their forwards. As good as Fifita is, he is a bully against weaker sides but ain't going to inspire the team in any sort or form.

Will Friz be back before Origin is over?
With frizz.... They said 6 to 8 weeks when he got injured just over 2 weeks ago...... So in theory, he *might* be available for origin 3

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I’m also worried that Ponga will finally be fit and able to play again only to be whisked away to rescue QLD in Origin II. Given he was their first choice fullback and they got smashed I would expect them to pick him if he’s fit. But like others on here I would prefer they don’t so that we aren’t getting screwed in the process.

Jono078

Referee
Dan did his job, but as @Loose Cannon said, those 2 drop balls near the end are very Dan Saifiti, and I wish he'd get them out of his game. All well and good to do that when you've put 50 points on, but when the game is close that shit hurts.
Not only is it Dan Saifiti, it’s really Newcastle Knights. Carrying on like you’re the shit before the job is done. Really poor discipline. Melbourne fight until the end no matter what. Need that kind of mentality

aqua_duck

Coach
You would think Angus would be straight in to the starting side with Cam Murray probably dropped to bench.

I wasn't too impressed with Paulo, but can't think of a frf to replace him..... So I think Martin will probably be the unlucky one
I thought Paulo and Haas were very good off the bench for NSW, Haas played his best origin game to date but Paulo's contribution whilst it wasn't as good as Haas was quality over quantity, averaged 15m per hit up and his defence and line speed were very good.
When you have guys like Teddy, To'o and Turbo making 200m per game you don't really need quantity from your bench props but rather quality and impact which I thought Paulo and Haas really provided

Burwood

Bench
It’s such a well balanced pack. Workhorse in Dan, ball player with Jake, explosiveness with Junior and bit of an Allrounder in Haas. Wish we could have that variety in our team rather than 4 of the same.